Bob Stoops to coach Dallas XFL team

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2019/02/06/report-dallas-xfl-team-lands-bob-stoops-as-coach-and-gm

The second incarnation of the XFL won’t play until 2020. Its Dallas franchise, though, is gonna make a huge splash.

The Dallas team has hired former Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops as its coach and GM, News9.com is reporting. The formal announcement will come Thursday.

“It’ll be fun,” Stoops told Dean Blevins. “It’s a different time of year. I’ve been limited in some of the stuff today this time of year anyway. You can only do so much golf in this period.”

“It’ll be challenging for sure. If it wasn’t, I wouldn’t do it. And if it’s not fun I won’t do it. But I respect the guys running things. But this is ‘real football.’ If it was something goofy or have those old goofy names, I wouldn’t be associated with it.”
Stoops was specifically referring to Oliver Luck and Vince McMahon. He said, “Those are successful, proven ‘real’ guys.” He said, “Vince didn’t make $3.5 billion dollars and not be a ‘real guy.’”

Stoops was 190-48 in 18 seasons as head coach of the Sooners. He retired after the 2016 season.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Dang, Bob Stoops now works for Vince McMahon.
vince-mcmahon-walk-gif-154.gif

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@BruceFeldmanCFB: SOURCE: Pep Hamilton, who'd resigned Monday at #Michigan to pursue other opportunities, is expected to become the new head coach and GM of the XFL’s new Washington, DC franchise. Word is he’s been working on getting a staff together the past week or so.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Betcha his old buddy SOS played a hand in this. Cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator