Bond girl dead

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Had to be one of the best names:
Pussy Galore (dead of natural causes at 94)

2_GOLDFINGER-1964-HONOR-BLACKMAN.jpg

'James Bond' star Honor Blackman, who played Pussy Galore, dead at 94

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed. No doubt that countless adolescent males stormed theaters worldwide to get a glimpse when it premiered (unless it was R rated; I can’t recall). In any event, how did that name make it past the studio overseers? Ironically, no more Pussy Galore sums up the plight of many aging males.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
When I think Bond girls, she is the first one that comes to mind, mostly due to the name.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Agreed. No doubt that countless adolescent males stormed theaters worldwide to get a glimpse when it premiered (unless it was R rated; I can’t recall). In any event, how did that name make it past the studio overseers? Ironically, no more Pussy Galore sums up the plight of many aging males.

Another question, how would this scene be received today? I’m guessing there aren’t enough hashtags on the planet to contain the forthcoming wrath.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Another question, how would this scene be received today? I’m guessing there aren’t enough hashtags on the planet to contain the forthcoming wrath.

I don’t know that the scene itself would raise many eyebrows today, but the subtle innuendo might be over the head of much of the audience. I can only think of a line June Cleaver said to Ward after a little strict parenting to sum up my own reaction to the way 007 handled Miss Galore in the clip...”you were a little rough on the beaver!”

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb