Book Reviews

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Well It has taken me almost a year to read a book that I swore that I would not read. I was so enamored with the sequel, and the main character, that I promised myself that I would not tarnish his image by ever reading the prequel that was bound to come.

I am at the beach this holiday weekend, and have brought with me "Go Set the Watchman". I too grew up in a single family home, and unfortunately the missing family member was my dad. I have always admired the way Atticus Finch carried himself in To Kill a Mockingbird, and through personal observation of my closest friends fathers and this memory have tried to live my life by the same principles that drove Atticus.

What say you?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Well It has taken me almost a year to read a book that I swore that I would not read. I was so enamored with the sequel, and the main character, that I promised myself that I would not tarnish his image by ever reading the prequel that was bound to come.

I am at the beach this holiday weekend, and have brought with me "Go Set the Watchman". I too grew up in a single family home, and unfortunately the missing family member was my dad. I have always admired the way Atticus Finch carried himself in To Kill a Mockingbird, and through personal observation of my closest friends fathers and this memory have tried to live my life by the same principles that drove Atticus.

What say you?
High standards there. Let me know about the other book. I had forgot about it. I cannot imagine her taking Atticus down too far. I ate supper once with the guy that played the opposing attorney in that movie. He taught my son chess.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Neptunes Inferno. Best non-fiction story of Ironbottom Sound ever penned.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Did Neptune's Bones Crumble?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics