Bourbon and Booze

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
dibs on the Pappy

About 10 years ago there was a great Pappy heist. You might have heard about it. Someone stole barrels of Pappy out of the distillery. Lots of rumors swirling around but the sheriff eventually found some of it. The paper said that they properly disposed of the stolen Pappy by pouring it out. At least that's what the papers said... :lol:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yea
About 10 years ago there was a great Pappy heist. You might have heard about it. Someone stole barrels of Pappy out of the distillery. Lots of rumors swirling around but the sheriff eventually found some of it. The paper said that they properly disposed of the stolen Pappy by pouring it out. At least that's what the papers said... :lol:

yeah, they had to pour it out because who knows what was done to it.

highly suspect if it was Pappy though. My understanding is that certain barrel locations are designated for certain labels. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything other than distillery on the barrels and the number. So they would have to know which barrels are Pappy and know what the ages are. Not sure who was involved inside though. Could you imagine stealing a three year old barrel of Pappy?

on a side note, Booker said he knew which barrels were best because the workers would wipe the dust off the barrels by leaning on them when they were stealing bourbon

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Yea

yeah, they had to pour it out because who knows what was done to it.

highly suspect if it was Pappy though. My understanding is that certain barrel locations are designated for certain labels. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything other than distillery on the barrels and the number. So they would have to know which barrels are Pappy and know what the ages are. Not sure who was involved inside though. Could you imagine stealing a three year old barrel of Pappy?

on a side note, Booker said he knew which barrels were best because the workers would wipe the dust off the barrels by leaning on them when they were stealing bourbon

I'd always heard it was an inside job but those were rumors. Highly doubt they poured all of it out though. There was probably a spontaneous bonfire on a good ol' boy farm in the boondocks.

My neighbor had several bottles of it and asked Seedy to do shots with her. He was sipping it so she assumed he didn't like it. He was just trying to enjoy it :lol:

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'd always heard it was an inside job but those were rumors. Highly doubt they poured all of it out though. There was probably a spontaneous bonfire on a good ol' boy farm in the boondocks.

My neighbor had several bottles of it and asked Seedy to do shots with her. He was sipping it so she assumed he didn't like it. He was just trying to enjoy it :lol:
Who the Fuchs shoots bourbon

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Was not too bad. Went well with a shrimp boil and tomato pie

Used to be a steal at $30. Sometime around 2018 or 2019 the bottles started getting really inconsistent. Right before the price hike.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You gotta be shtiing me, Pyle. Haven’t you ever watched a cowboy picture?

:)

no proof that's bourbon, plus it's hollyweird, plus the character is a drunk, plus even if all the above is false....it's dumb to shoot it.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I noticed Sazerac Rye on the shelves at Total Wine. Maybe I’ve been absent, but I haven’t seen it easily available outside of NY in years.
I haven't seen it in a while, but there are a lot of comparable or better ryes. Apparently, New Orleans is always loaded with Sazarac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.