Bourbon and Booze

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Hey fellas... This sh!t any good, or should I re-gift it?
It sux. I’ll be in Gainesville in a couple of weeks and you can give it to me for my birthday. I’m never offended by “re-gifts.” This will also make up for you not getting me anything last year.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It sux. I’ll be in Gainesville in a couple of weeks and you can give it to me for my birthday. I’m never offended by “re-gifts.” This will also make up for you not getting me anything last year.

Did you ever officially kill that other bottle of Woodford? :lol:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hey fellas... This sh!t any good, or should I re-gift it? View attachment 35036

If you like bourbon at all, you should keep it. Meaning if you drink it straight, keep it. If not, it'll make someone a nice gift. Actually, if you don't like bourbon, trade it to one of these fools for a couple bottles of Russian Standard.

And if you haven't tried it, Wheatley Vodka is actually pretty good, in my opinion. But I'm not a vodka guy, so take it for what it's worth.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Im a fan...but Im also a bourbon whore. Only stuff I can't drink is Old Forester. Just can't stomach it.
Just an FYI, Woodford is owned by Brown Foreman who owns Old Forester. But I don't know how different everything is.

Not a Brown Foreman fan, but I do like the Double Oak, Old Forester 100, and Old Forester 1920. Need to try the JD Barrel Proof, but just hadn't had the opportunity yet.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
@Detroitgator - the safest thing for you to do is to mail the (full) bottle back to me and I'll hand deliver it just down the road to Woodford Reserve for a full refund to you. Minus shipping and handling charges of course. I do not drink bourbon myself so it is safe with me. @Seedy on the other hand....

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
What kind of voodoo is this? I’m pretty sure I made one of these from my friends parent’s liquor cabinet once and it didn’t end well. Now they are marketing it? :puke:

75B7700C-EB08-4126-BFBD-EB2F6A9BE4AE.jpeg

Last edited:

The Lateral Move

Oct 9, 2018
Anyone tried Proper 12? It's McGregor's stuff. I bought a tiny bottle because I was curious thinking it would be trash but it was actually pretty solid

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
What kind of voodoo is this? I’m pretty sure I made one of these from my friends parent’s liquor cabinet once and it didn’t end well. Now they are marketing it? :puke:

“What if we…I don’t know…we put vodka, tequila, gin and rum all in a can and call it blue crush or something?”

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I also appreciate how they also made a gluten free version as well in “tropical” flavor. I know whenever I’m about to get blacked out drunk, my first thought is I hope this won’t upset my stomach later.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
“What if we…I don’t know…we put vodka, tequila, gin and rum all in a can and call it blue crush or something?”

I think they just clean up the drinks that are leftover from the bar at night and pour them into a can. Add a little blue dye and voila, Blue Crush!

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
As the temp drops, I encourage you all to give rye whiskey shot this fall/winter. It’s not just for celebrating the Rittenhouse acquittals, it’s a great cold weather pour. And don’t sleep on the finished ryes, there are some real nice ones out there.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Any of you all familiar with an Irish whiskey called “Tullamore Dew”?

I was at a conference in Hilton Head a few weeks ago and a guy brought a bottle and shared with us. I thought it was incredibly smooth, but didn’t know if it was always that way or the circumstances of standing on a beach talking and laughing with colleagues (some of whom I’ve known for many years) made it taste better than it was.

I bought a bottle when I got back and finally cracked it open last night. I’m not usually a fan of Irish whiskey - I prefer American - but it was just as smooth as I remembered. The flavor is definitely different from bourbon, but I’m very glad I bought it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.