Bourbon and Booze

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I haven’t had the Castle and Key Gin yet, but have heard good things from multiple people up there. I hope to catch the distillery this fall.

A couple we’re friends with did that tour a few years back and raved about it. If I remember correctly, it was newer and all they had at the time was gin because the bourbon was still too young. May be thinking of another place.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
A couple we’re friends with did that tour a few years back and raved about it. If I remember correctly, it was newer and all they had at the time was gin because the bourbon was still too young. May be thinking of another place.
You have it correct. They brought back to life an older distillery a few years ago. It's supposed to be gorgeous.
The lady at Total Wine said it's her favorite to visit and even better than Woodford Reserve.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds right. They’ve only been bottling for a couple years.

Massive renovation to the Taylor Distillery. The head distiller abandoned the company about a year before they were going to bottle and release.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Sounds right. They’ve only been bottling for a couple years.

Massive renovation to the Taylor Distillery. The head distiller abandoned the company about a year before they were going to bottle and release.
Was that the hot blonde chick?

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You have it correct. They brought back to life an older distillery a few years ago. It's supposed to be gorgeous.
The lady at Total Wine said it's her favorite to visit and even better than Woodford Reserve.
Woodford had a great tour but not sure if they still offer it. Grain to Glass or something like that. They let you taste at every point in the process, including straight out of the barrel. Supposedly, Woodford won’t produce a single barrel. Even store picks are blended barrels. So the only single barrel of Woodford you could get was on that tour. Atleast that’s the rumor.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Was that the hot blonde chick?
Hot enough. I was told that she did a documentary and got a taste for TV. Not sure exactly what she was angling for. The documentary is on HULU I think. “Neat” I think.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Hot enough. I was told that she did a documentary and got a taste for TV. Not sure exactly what she was angling for. The documentary is on HULU I think. “Neat” I think.
Yep. That's where I first learned of her and Castle and Key. Thought it was weird that she would just up and leave like that.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yep. That's where I first learned of her and Castle and Key. Thought it was weird that she would just up and leave like that.
Shortly after, a lot of whiskeyTube personalities got in a pissing contest over whether or not she was a master distiller. It was comical. She never blended and bottled her own distillate, but she’s a master? Bunch of ****ing monkeys going after clickbait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.