Bourbon and Booze

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
When do they start the Haunted Tours up again?
Good Luck Charlie Idk GIF

Haven’t heard of them but it doesn’t surprise me either.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good Luck Charlie Idk GIF

Haven’t heard of them but it doesn’t surprise me either.
Yeah BT does a seasonal haunted tour for Halloween. But I don’t know when they start them.

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
I stumbled across this useful info today while surfing the interweb.

Florida Beaches You Can Drink On

East Coast :
Flagler Beach
- Alcoholic beverages are permitted on the beach.
Cocoa Beach - Alcoholic beverages are permitted on the beach.
Playalinda Beach - Alcoholic beverages are permitted on the beach.

Greater St. Petersburg:
Madeira Beach:
Alcoholic beverages are permitted on the beach.
St. Pete Beach: Alcoholic beverages are allowed on the sand at beachfront hotels, but this is limited to hotel guests.
Treasure Island: Alcoholic beverages are allowed. However, no alcohol is allowed on the beach between the 8500 block and the 9900 block of Treasure Island Beach between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.
Redington Beach: Alcoholic beverages are permitted on the beach. Please note that alcohol is not permitted on the neighboring (and similarly named) beaches of Redington Shores and North Redington Beach.

Sarasota:
Siesta Beach:
Turtle Beach: Alcoholic beverages are permitted on the beach.
Lido Beach: Alcoholic beverages are permitted on the beach.

Naples
Naples Municipal Beach:
Alcoholic beverages are permitted on the beach; however, they are not permitted on the pier (except beer and wine between noon and one hour past sunset). Please note that alcohol is not permitted one block north and one block south of the pier on 12th Avenue, 13th Avenue and Broad Avenue South.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I stumbled across this useful info today while surfing the interweb.

Florida Beaches You Can Drink On

East Coast :
Flagler Beach
- Alcoholic beverages are permitted on the beach.
Cocoa Beach - Alcoholic beverages are permitted on the beach.
Playalinda Beach - Alcoholic beverages are permitted on the beach.

Greater St. Petersburg:
Madeira Beach:
St. Pete Beach: Alcoholic beverages are allowed on the sand at beachfront hotels, but this is limited to hotel guests.
Treasure Island: Alcoholic beverages are allowed. However, no alcohol is allowed on the beach between the 8500 block and the 9900 block of Treasure Island Beach between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.
Redington Beach: Alcoholic beverages are permitted on the beach. Please note that alcohol is not permitted on the neighboring (and similarly named) beaches of Redington Shores and North Redington Beach.

Sarasota:
Siesta Beach:
Turtle Beach: Alcoholic beverages are permitted on the beach.
Lido Beach: Alcoholic beverages are permitted on the beach.

Naples
Naples Municipal Beach:
Alcoholic beverages are permitted on the beach; however, they are not permitted on the pier (except beer and wine between noon and one hour past sunset). Please note that alcohol is not permitted one block north and one block south of the pier on 12th Avenue, 13th Avenue and Broad Avenue South.
Technically, yes.
Discretion and not standing out , acting like an idiot, definitely applies here.

But, I haven't been on a Beach in Florida where, the Police are inspecting your cooler or cup.
As long as you have your own cup or Yeti, just pour whatever you're drinking in there and carry on.
Make sure to have a trash bag for empties and, empty in the nearest public trash can often.
Absolutely no glass.

I usually bring a mixer and a stainless decanter.
I normally go to Crescent Beach, Daytona Beach and sometimes, I'll get over to Porpoise Point in St Augustine.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Technically, yes.
Discretion and not standing out , acting like an idiot, definitely applies here.

But, I haven't been on a Beach in Florida where, the Police are inspecting your cooler or cup.
As long as you have your own cup or Yeti, just pour whatever you're drinking in there and carry on.
Make sure to have a trash bag for empties and, empty in the nearest public trash can often.
Absolutely no glass.

I normally go to Crescent Beach, Daytona Beach and sometimes, I'll get over to Porpoise Point in St Augustine.
This

Because of some awful antics in Panama City Beach during spring break about 10 years ago they enacted no alcohol on the beach for the month of spring break only. I think glass bottles on the beach are the only thing truly frowned upon otherwise.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
Technically, yes.

Absolutely no glass.

This. You can drink anywhere you want, if you don't act like a fool.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
This is stoopid- How does one get tech support for their drink? I’m trying out these new Truly Vodka seltzers instead of my favorite High Noons. Three cans are normal and the 4th acts more like a plastic bottle. When I hold it, the can squishes in like the can is opened. I’ve never had an aluminum can do this before. Is the drink still good?

IMG_3033.jpeg

IMG_3031.jpeg
IMG_3030.jpeg

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is stoopid- How does one get tech support for their drink? I’m trying out these new Truly Vodka seltzers instead of my favorite High Noons. Three cans are normal and the 4th acts more like a plastic bottle. When I hold it, the can squishes in like the can is opened. I’ve never had an aluminum can do this before. Is the drink still good?

View attachment 60627

View attachment 60628
View attachment 60629
No, but that's not taking the can into account

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Truly was kind enough to send me a $12 gift card to buy more.
I went back one week later and they’ve been discontinued. :headslap: Guess I’ll go back to High Noon.
Anything with actual vodka and real sugar is what I’m looking for in a good flavor.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Truly was kind enough to send me a $12 gift card to buy more.
I went back one week later and they’ve been discontinued. :headslap: Guess I’ll go back to High Noon.
Anything with actual vodka and real sugar is what I’m looking for in a good flavor.
Just fix sprite and vodka and flavor with your favorite schnapps

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Seedy’s brother goes to Woodford and stands in line when they release these collectors bottles. Each bottle has a letter that spells out Blantons in completion. His kids will inherit quite a collection one day.

IMG_1483.jpeg

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Seedy’s brother goes to Woodford and stands in line when they release these collectors bottles. Each bottle has a letter that spells out Blantons in completion. His kids will inherit quite a collection one day.

View attachment 62188
So Buffalo Trace, not Woodford?

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yep :facepalm:
Mea culpa - they live in Woodford Co
It’s obvious I don’t drink bourbon.
Haha, I actually don’t think Woodford is that far away from BT. Beautiful distillery

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Haha, I actually don’t think Woodford is that far away from BT. Beautiful distillery
Shamefully BT is the only distillery I’ve ever been to before for a party.
The KY Castle was just sold for $19 million to the co-founders of Angel’s Envy

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Shamefully BT is the only distillery I’ve ever been to before for a party.
The KY Castle was just sold for $19 million to the co-founders of Angel’s Envy
I’ve seen it, never been there. Hope to go to Castle and Key on my next trip

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator