Bourbon and Booze

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Assuming you mean the Weller Reserve Green Label. The 12's are the Black Labels. They're a really nice wheated bourbon for the price. The 12's tend to have too much char on the finish for me, but once they have a few months to sit, the char seems to fade and leave a real nice finish (albeit a short one).

Bottom line on the Weller's, if someone is offering a market rate, sell it. There are nicer bourbons you could buy with the money. For instance, Yellow label Wilderness Trail would blow either out of the water. I liked the Maker's 101 better than both Weller's as well. Using those two as examples because they are both wheated as well.

Yes, the Green. I have two of those that I’m keeping. Probably my favorite wheated, though I’m admittedly not the aficionado many of you are. At $45, I feel like it’s a good value. And yeah, it’s the black label that I have one, and maybe another coming. Have seen it listed at almost 4x. Hoping to just double what I have in them. I’ll look for the WT next time I’m buying. Never had it. Thanks.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, the Green. I have two of those that I’m keeping. Probably my favorite wheated, though I’m admittedly not the aficionado many of you are. At $45, I feel like it’s a good value. And yeah, it’s the black label that I have one, and maybe another coming. Have seen it listed at almost 4x. Hoping to just double what I have in them. I’ll look for the WT next time I’m buying. Never had it. Thanks.
$45 is high on the Weller green label.

go to your local ABC and find out when truck day is. Go in on those days and ask if any Weller has come in. If you have an ABC card you can usually get a bottle a month if they have it. About $25 for 750 and $50ish for handles.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
$45 is high on the Weller green label.

go to your local ABC and find out when truck day is. Go in on those days and ask if any Weller has come in. If you have an ABC card you can usually get a bottle a month if they have it. About $25 for 750 and $50ish for handles.

I just don’t generally see it. The last one I found was like 4 years ago at an ABC. Again, I’m not looking constantly and it’s not my thing really. I just occasionally hear of something and try to use channels I have to make money. The $45 I spent was on a 1.75.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just don’t generally see it. The last one I found was like 4 years ago at an ABC. Again, I’m not looking constantly and it’s not my thing really. I just occasionally hear of something and try to use channels I have to make money. The $45 I spent was on a 1.75.
They keep it under the counter.

ABC is the only retailer for Weller in the State of Florida. If you see it somewhere else, they are violating ATF regs by selling outside the three tiered system.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
They keep it under the counter.

ABC is the only retailer for Weller in the State of Florida. If you see it somewhere else, they are violating ATF regs by selling outside the three tiered system.

Wow, didn’t know that. Specific to Weller, or is it BT related?

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wow, didn’t know that. Specific to Weller, or is it BT related?
Specific to Weller. Heard about it a few years ago and haven’t heard otherwise. I’ve only ever bought it at ABC and I’ve gotten almost every Weller Label.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Should be a lesson for the wives out there. This is why we, as husbands, don’t throw stuff away and the garage is never as empty as you’d like. You just never know.
I totally agree... you never know what might be lying around in the garage that you wouldn't want your wife to throw away... I mean, how are we going to equip @CaribGator @Born2beagator @Concrete Helmet and the NWO boyz?!?!?!!?
SM.jpg

Last edited:

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Neice sent me a tik tok about putting some spiral cut medium toast pieces in lesser bourbons and it's supposed to mellow them out.

So decided to put a piece of it in a mason jar of Ancient Age, $16 liter bottle I got. Try out is Friday after work, by then it will have sat 2 weeks in jar.
Anyone else try this?

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Was at a retirement shindig last night and the guest of honor received the below bottle as a gift. He’s not really much of a whiskey drinker, so he invited anyone interested to try it. I thought it was pretty good, but confess to having been slightly inebriated at that point. Anyone know this one? I also liked the etched label.

upload_2022-5-13_19-8-59.jpeg

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Was at a retirement shindig last night and the guest of honor received the below bottle as a gift. He’s not really much of a whiskey drinker, so he invited anyone interested to try it. I thought it was pretty good, but confess to having been slightly inebriated at that point. Anyone know this one? I also liked the etched label.

Yea...eagle rare is from the Buffalo Trace distillery. Its one of those bottles people camp out for.

Eagle Rare - Wikipedia

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Back Alley already answered. I’ll add that it’s a solid bourbon in my view. It’s hard to find which makes it expensive. Have a friend who just got a case at just under $40 a bottle. Fair price but is considered a steal.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
I’ve been sipping on good tequila lately. This one’s probably my favorite so far.

825DE8B0-BBF4-4393-8D9F-61F2B966AE01.jpeg

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
9E04AD1E-3C41-44E3-9A51-637D89C65DD6.jpeg

My BIL just picked this one up. He’s friends with the store owner and they put it away for him. We put our names down on a list for a raffle. More of a novelty item than anything.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018

My BIL just picked this one up. He’s friends with the store owner and they put it away for him. We put our names down on a list for a raffle. More of a novelty item than anything.

This reason this bottle is so sought after is because of the distillery that was resurrected to make it. Also, the chick who was originally the master distiller for the distillery was featured on the Hulu special Neat: The Story of Bourbon.

History | Castle & Key

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This reason this bottle is so sought after is because of the distillery that was resurrected to make it. Also, the chick who was originally the master distiller for the distillery was featured on the Hulu special Neat: The Story of Bourbon.

History | Castle & Key

“Chick” is an offensive term, especially in response to one of our only chick posters. Dumbass.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Typically, if you find a bourbon that you really like, then the chances of you liking other choices from their line are high. While this is hard to read, it's VERY handy...
upload_2022-5-16_15-44-24.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.