Bourbon and Booze

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Since Ox likes Zima and not anything good, here is the Bourbon and Booze thread.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Since Ox likes Zima and not anything good, here is the Bourbon and Booze thread.

Thanks for kicking this off. I hope to learn from those with a more refined palette. I really thought this thread worked well comingled with the manic atmosphere of the Chip Kelly thread.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, not sure why Ox wanted to take clicks off that thread

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What’s everyone’s favorite bottle that you’ve had and your favorite bottle that is consistently available.

For me it’s probably BTAC Handy and Russell’s Reserve single barrel for readily available

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
What’s everyone’s favorite bottle that you’ve had and your favorite bottle that is consistently available.

For me it’s probably BTAC Handy and Russell’s Reserve single barrel for readily available

Lagavulin 16 year old single malt scotch but at $90.00 a bottle I dont buy it except for special occasions. A very drinkable and affordable bourbon is 1792 single barrel for $30.00

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Lagavulin 16 year old single malt scotch but at $90.00 a bottle I dont buy it except for special occasions. A very drinkable and affordable bourbon is 1792 single barrel for $30.00
I like their full proof. Ton of flavor, but it is aggressive and will slap your face.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I like their full proof. Ton of flavor, but it is aggressive and will slap your face.

Not familiar with the full proof. Lagavulin is certainly an acquired taste. My son said it was like eating a camp fire. My favorite bourbon is Bookers and Blanton. Bookers is a bit like a smokey scotch.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Haven’t tried Booker’s yet. I have a bottle, just not cracked yet. Blanton’s is wonderful. Not sure it’s worth the price, but it’s good

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Haven’t tried Booker’s yet. I have a bottle, just not cracked yet. Blanton’s is wonderful. Not sure it’s worth the price, but it’s good

Living in Ocala I am limited to ABC Liquor and one independent store that has a limited selection. When I travel to Tampa, I usually visit a Total Wine. I am eager to get some good suggestions

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
For Bourbon? I can give you some picks, what’s your price point?

And start talking up the ABC guys. They can be great sources. ABC will get stuff and hold back until asked about it.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
For Bourbon? I can give you some picks, what’s your price point?

And start talking up the ABC guys. They can be great sources. ABC will get stuff and hold back until asked about it.

ABC has made some good recommendations. A manager pointed me to Bookers. I have asked about allotment bourbons but they say they put everything on the shelf. My son in Nashville has a small tasting room and always goes for barrel proof whiskey like Stagg and Elijah Craig

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
bulleit-rye-whiskey.jpg

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ABC has made some good recommendations. A manager pointed me to Bookers. I have asked about allotment bourbons but they say they put everything on the shelf. My son in Nashville has a small tasting room and always goes for barrel proof whiskey like Stagg and Elijah Craig
Yeah, the barrel proofs are my favorites. They don’t really filter them so you get more flavor and if they are too hot, just add water.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
VSG is an all time favorite. McCallan 18 yr is very good but I haven't tried the 25 nor the Woodford Reserve. Is it worth the $ ?
I've had both the 18 and 25 year side by side. The smoothness and the finish is the only difference I noticed.

As for Woodford, it's always been a staple of mine to drink neat.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I've had both the 18 and 25 year side by side. The smoothness and the finish is the only difference I noticed.

As for Woodford, it's always been a staple of mine to drink neat.

I will give it a try. I am reluctant to spend money on something without a good recommendation

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.