Bowl Bound Biatches

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Before the season most everyone agreed Oct would decide where we were heading this year. Two weeks in and we know we are going to a bowl. Not raising the roof because I am one of the entitled fans that believe we are Florida and that should be a given these days, but after Chump and butters, nothing can be taken for granted.

After last year and the talent gap we have between us and both our main rivals and CFP contenders, I figured we would be several recruiting cycles away from being this competitive. Hats off to Mullens and staff, they have this team playing to their potential and is telling them there are things they can improve on. And the staff is getting it out of them.

In game adjustments, those trick plays being called at just the right time, this staff is pushing all the right buttons! We beat LSwho, they beat the dawgs, so this team will go in to that game truly believing they can win. We'll beat the dawgs, remind them they are our biatches, KY loses to them, the East is ours, on to Atlanta with the sky the limit. Slap the clowns around the last game of the years. Minimal should be a New Year's Bowl, back in the limelight, great recruiting class and getting back to being the Gators that contends for National titles!

Go Gators!!

How do you see the rest of the year playing out?

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
If the Semen Holes Bowl streak ends, I'm sure that's all they'll talk about the same way they talk about their 1987-2000 streak of 10 win seasons.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Current projections on CBS and ESPN show us in Orlando on New Year's Day for Citrus (or whatever they call it now). Considering what went down last year, that's a 180 degree turn-around. However, beat the Puppies, and there's a shot at Sugar or Peach (Peach having a higher "prestige" factor since it was elevated to "New Years Six" status).

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Current projections on CBS and ESPN show us in Orlando on New Year's Day for Citrus (or whatever they call it now). Considering what went down last year, that's a 180 degree turn-around. However, beat the Puppies, and there's a shot at Sugar or Peach (Peach having a higher "prestige" factor since it was elevated to "New Years Six" status).

Beat UGA and we are looking at a matchup against Bama for a shot at the playoffs...now again, I feel like I have a better shot at winning the lottery than that happening but mathematically it would be possible.

It's going to be interesting what the NY6 does if things play out like this:

LSU - 10-2
Florida 10-2
Georgia 10-2

I believe the highest ranked SEC team not playing in the playoff gets that nod. So if LSU and Georgia lose late and we win out with a lose to Georgia, we would have a shot at a NY6 but still would come down to if they would barely drop Georgia for a loss to Bama. Even then, it would come down to LSU vs Us for that last NY6 spot and on paper LSU would have better losses while having better wins (at the time because of preseason bs rankings, they get credited for 3 top 10 wins even though Auburn and Miami are not even top 25 ball clubs)

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Camping World Stadium Citrus Bowl

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Kentucky has to play Vanderbilt, Missouri, Georgia, Tennessee, Middle Tennessee, and Louisville, in that order. I don't see them coming out of that gauntlet with fewer than two losses.

Last edited:

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
WOW NELLY!

Let's not get ahead of ourselves...Let's get past JAX. UGA is going to be coming in a pissed off mood.

They have the Talent and they are DEEP.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
WOW NELLY!

Let's not get ahead of ourselves...Let's get past JAX. UGA is going to be coming in a pissed off mood.

They have the Talent and they are DEEP.

Where is anyone getting ahead of themselves? Even with a loss to Jajaw, win out and it’s only 2 losses

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Where is anyone getting ahead of themselves? Even with a loss to Jajaw, win out and it’s only 2 losses

Understood. Some on here are talking SEC and Bama. I'd rather sneak up on America and bask in each victory.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Kentucky has to play Vanderbilt, Missouri, Georgia, Tennessee, Middle Tennessee, and Louisville, in that order. I don't see them coming out of that gauntlet with fewer than two losses.
Gauntlet? None of those teams have a winning record other than Georgia. Is Middle Tennessee a gauntlet opponent?

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Gauntlet? None of those teams have a winning record other than Georgia. Is Middle Tennessee a gauntlet opponent?
I thought "gauntlet" was a little strong too after I posted it, but it wasn't so important to me that I was moved to go back and change it. The problem I think Kentucky will have is that they face 4 SEC teams in their last 5 games, and they are at Missouri and away in their last 3 games, although those are in the states of Tennessee and Kentucky. Not insurmountable, but I don't think that would be considered easy by 90% or more of the teams in Division 1, particularly at the end of the season when injuries can mount. I expect the Cats to have problems with Georgia and at Missouri, and I'm not going to rule anything out with Vandy or at Tennessee. I know nothing about Louisville this year, but have considered them to be a solid program in the recent past.

UForFU

Nov 17, 2017
I thought "gauntlet" was a little strong too after I posted it, but it wasn't so important to me that I was moved to go back and change it. The problem I think Kentucky will have is that they face 4 SEC teams in their last 5 games, and they are at Missouri and away in their last 3 games, although those are in the states of Tennessee and Kentucky. Not insurmountable, but I don't think that would be considered easy by 90% or more of the teams in Division 1, particularly at the end of the season when injuries can mount. I expect the Cats to have problems with Georgia and at Missouri, and I'm not going to rule anything out with Vandy or at Tennessee. I know nothing about Louisville this year, but have considered them to be a solid program in the recent past.

Louisville lost to FSU and Georgia Tech dropped like 100 on them. That's pretty much all you need to know. Kentucky will wax that ass.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Yeah, I agree that dropping 2 of those games is quite possible considering UGA will almost certainly be a loss. Just thought Gauntlet was a bit of an overstatement.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Kintucky has a good RB, that is true. They are also one twisted ankle away from being team that struggled w sunbelt teams again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.