Brady Ackerman gets a new job

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@AinsliesTwoBits: BREAKING: Belleview football has hired Brady Ackerman as its next head coach. Ackerman currently serves at the running backs coach at Jackson State University. As a running back at UF, he earned an SEC championship ring in 1991.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Best of luck. The way UF hire's head football coaches, after 1 year at this high school powerhouse, this douchebag will be overqualified to be our next head football coach. He played at UF and picked his ass in G'ville (meets fans criteria), has college coaching experience as an asst. janitor at a HBCU and now will be a head coach on some level. We better move fast.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
@AinsliesTwoBits: BREAKING: Belleview football has hired Brady Ackerman as its next head coach. Ackerman currently serves at the running backs coach at Jackson State University. As a running back at UF, he earned an SEC championship ring in 1991.

That school is about a mile and a half from my house...I remember when they were going to the playoffs yearly...hope he brings em back

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Best of luck. The way UF hire's head football coaches, after 1 year at this high school powerhouse, this douchebag will be overqualified to be our next head football coach. He played at UF and picked his ass in G'ville (meets fans criteria), has college coaching experience as an asst. janitor at a HBCU and now will be a head coach on some level. We better move fast.

iu

Alex.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014

What's with the Ackerman hate? Is there a backstory?

Yes, I already regret asking.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
What's with the Ackerman hate? Is there a backstory?

Yes, I already regret asking.

There is not hate towards Brady. Most of my post was sarcasm, but there is a hint of truth to it. The worst thing about Brady during his radio days at UF which lasted about 5 minutes was that he was such a suckhole it was nauseating. But his biggest drawback was his neverending support, love and dycksucking of NussNuts who he always said was a good friend of his. He could not separate his friendship with NussNuts horrendous coaching. He always said NussNuts was a GREAT coach and that he turned down multiple Head coaching opportunties to remain at UF with Butters as OC. To that I always said horseshyt. NussNuts should have taken a HC job with a Pop Warner team if it was offered, which I highly doubt it ever was.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
There is not hate towards Brady. Most of my post was sarcasm, but there is a hint of truth to it. The worst thing about Brady during his radio days at UF which lasted about 5 minutes was that he was such a suckhole it was nauseating. But his biggest drawback was his neverending support, love and dycksucking of NussNuts who he always said was a good friend of his. He could not separate his friendship with NussNuts horrendous coaching. He always said NussNuts was a GREAT coach and that he turned down multiple Head coaching opportunties to remain at UF with Butters as OC. To that I always said horseshyt. NussNuts should have taken a HC job with a Pop Warner team if it was offered, which I highly doubt it ever was.

I ran into Ackeman at a bar following the 2008 Cocktail party where he was definitely a few in. When I tried talking about how great that crushing of Stafford and uga was, all he could do was rave about Stafford and what an NFL star he'd be. When I countered that he'd be a stat guy but never win anything, he practically scoffed at me for basing any of my opinion on his resume up to that point. It was if he was above talking about the great college win for UF and kept going out of his way to almost tout MS and uga in a very arrogant manner. I firmly disagreed, paid for my drinks and went to my table.

It's been 12 years now. And aside from a possible wing eating contest, Stafford has won exactly what I expected, which is nothing. I win, Brady.

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
That school is about a mile and a half from my house...I remember when they were going to the playoffs yearly...hope he brings em back

I went to Lake Weir high and when the county built BHS the support ( and best players)Lake Weir had went to BHS. I have no ill will towards BHS, The former coach is one of my customers and a great person, He was dealt a schiff show when he came in, Most all the top players transferred out when the coach before Adam quit. Adam pretty much had a JV team he tried to build into a varsity level team.

My kids and 2 of my Grands went to LWHS, Daughter makes sure the milk you buy is safe. My shop is probably less than 5 miles from your house.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
I went to Lake Weir high and when the county built BHS the support ( and best players)Lake Weir had went to BHS. I have no ill will towards BHS, The former coach is one of my customers and a great person, He was dealt a schiff show when he came in, Most all the top players transferred out when the coach before Adam quit. Adam pretty much had a JV team he tried to build into a varsity level team.

My kids and 2 of my Grands went to LWHS, Daughter makes sure the milk you buy is safe. My shop is probably less than 5 miles from your house.

I went to Lake weir as well...but yeah the zoning killed anyone chance LW had of competing in the county...it’s Summerfield the shores and the forest...not a big talent pool and too many backgrounds to mesh..it’s the problem we had when I was there...more fighting on the team than necessary

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I ran into Ackeman at a bar following the 2008 Cocktail party where he was definitely a few in. When I tried talking about how great that crushing of Stafford and uga was, all he could do was rave about Stafford and what an NFL star he'd be. When I countered that he'd be a stat guy but never win anything, he practically scoffed at me for basing any of my opinion on his resume up to that point. It was if he was above talking about the great college win for UF and kept going out of his way to almost tout MS and uga in a very arrogant manner. I firmly disagreed, paid for my drinks and went to my table.

It's been 12 years now. And aside from a possible wing eating contest, Stafford has won exactly what I expected, which is nothing. I win, Brady.

Brady has a notorious drinking problem. He got fired from the head coaching job at Bishop Kenny (Jacksonville) for showing up to a baseball or basketball game half in the bag - after maybe two seasons. That's when he ended up doing radio.

He went to Fletcher HS (Neptune Beach/Jax beaches area) and was a notorious drunk and bully. I never had a problem with him back then, but didn't really know him very well. He spoke at the Jax Beaches Gator Club, where I was the president a couple of years and is very well connected (he was one of the players suspended for gambling in 1989, along w/ Shane Matthews). He and Shane are good friends. He's a fun drunk most of the time.

I remember a party in Neptune Beach on Oleander Street where he showed up with some other Fletcher football players (bully/athlete types) and started a brawl out in the street. The party was at my buddies house, his mom was out of town - we knew the cops would be headed over so we got everyone out of the house, locked the doors, let everyone hangout in the yard and bolted out the window and went to another friends house. We heard the cops showed up and were all "Who lives here?!? Where's the owners?"

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Brady has a notorious drinking problem. He got fired from the head coaching job at Bishop Kenny (Jacksonville) for showing up to a baseball or basketball game half in the bag - after maybe two seasons. That's when he ended up doing radio.

He went to Fletcher HS (Neptune Beach/Jax beaches area) and was a notorious drunk and bully. I never had a problem with him back then, but didn't really know him very well. He spoke at the Jax Beaches Gator Club, where I was the president a couple of times and is very well connected (he was one of the players suspended for gambling in 1989, along w/ Shane Matthews). He and Shane are good friends. He's a fun drunk most of the time.

I remember a party in Neptune Beach on Oleander Street where he showed up with some other Fletcher football players (bully/athlete types) and started a brawl out in the street. The party was at my buddies house, his mom was out of town - we knew the cops would be headed over so we got everyone out of the house, locked the doors, let everyone hangout in the yard and bolted out the window and went to another friends house. We heard the cops showed up and were all "Who lives here?!? Where's the owners?"

Well now I kinda like this guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator