Brandon Powell

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I know there has been a lot of talk about him, but I feel he deserves his own thread. This kid is a true sophomore and is coming up huge for the Gators already.

He had the big 4th down conversion on the first TD in the fourth quarter and then ran a great route to get the TD. You could see after he caught the ball that he collapsed because he was already cramping up, but he fought through being tired and hurt to make a play.

He had a nice run early in the game and some nice catches as well.

Then... of course... he had the block for Calloway. There is absolutely no way to put into words the type of passion and energy this kid plays with. That block is the perfect example. I keep wondering to myself if Robionson comes back and makes that block.

Kudos to that kid for everything he does for the Gators!

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n287202 said:
I keep wondering to myself if Robinson comes back and makes that block.

D-Rob made plenty of key blocks for us last year. I am sure he would have thrown a good block this time also.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If Powell was not the player of the game, he's definitely the Impact player of the game. That was huge.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n287205 said:
D-Rob made plenty of key blocks for us last year. I am sure he would have thrown a good block this time also.

D-Rob seems to hit and miss... sometimes he is engaged (Georgia last year) and he is doing all things to win... other times he seems to disappear.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Remember too, he came to UF as a highly-touted RB and converted to slot WR when the grown-up coaches took over. He didn't sulk, pout and show his butt, he made the move and now he's one of the major contributors on offense.

By the way, Mac saw something in Powell way back during spring and summer. Remember when he took Powell to SEC media days and we all sorta went "hmm, interesting choice." Now we're seeing why.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He's simply a ball player. He's gonna make plays to help the team wherever he's lined up.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If I ever find myself in a foxhole fighting Nazis, I want Brandon Fcking Powell in there with me. He's the Audie Murphy of Gator football.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Powell is legit, a team player, and most of all seem as if he is bought in. Mac sees that.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Kid is a gamer, big time. Just need to teach him to take a knee when he catches a kickoff in the endzone. :angry:

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
ATXGator;n287214 said:
D-Rob seems to hit and miss... sometimes he is engaged (Georgia last year) and he is doing all things to win... other times he seems to disappear.

Yep.

He drives me nuts when he catches the ball(when he actually catches the ball) with his hesitation afterwards.

Dear God, run north and south and put the damned ball away!

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
ATXGator;n287202 said:
You could see after he caught the ball that he collapsed because he was already cramping up, but he fought through being tired and hurt to make a play.
Dude seriously, that is a Saban trick that Mac brought with him to UF, it saved us a sh!t load of time and we didn't use a T/O. It was a heads up play though that he caught the signal for it from the sideline after making a huge play..... He will be a key player that will help our other receivers get open more often in the future.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n287240 said:
Dude seriously, that is a Saban trick that Mac brought with him to UF, it saved us a sh!t load of time and we didn't use a T/O. It was a heads up play though that he caught the signal for it from the sideline after making a huge play..... He will be a key player that will help our other receivers get open more often in the future.

Really? He's collapsing in the endzone after scoring a TD with the clock stopped because why again?

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n287231 said:
Kid is a gamer, big time. Just need to teach him to take a knee when he catches a kickoff in the endzone. :angry:

This ^

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Zambo;n287248 said:
Really? He's collapsing in the endzone after scoring a TD with the clock stopped because why again?

He collapsed after making the 4th down catch at the 5 yard line....Were you drinking a lot during the game?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No, were you drinking when you quoted and responded to ATXs post about him scoring the TD on the play in question? ATX made a point about him being spent after scoring the TD, and you came back at him with your fn BS about it being a sham.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n287261 said:
No, were you drinking when you quoted and responded to ATXs post about him scoring the TD on the play in question?

This is 100% correct.. I was talking about how he collapsed after the TD because he was already worn out... thought it was pretty clear.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
No.....he collapsed after making the 4th down catch at the 5 yard line.....He got up went halfway back to the bench, saw the signal, then stopped and laid down like he was supposed to so we could call a couple of more plays without using a time out..... My bad....

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
ATXGator;n287264 said:
This is 100% correct.. I was talking about how he collapsed after the TD because he was already worn out... thought it was pretty clear.

My bad, I thought you were talking about the heads up "play" before the TD...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.