Braves win the World Series

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I’m just to jaded as a fan of Atlanta sports to get excited about it. I’ve seen this show before and it ends with disappointment from one or two bone headed mistakes that cost you a championship. I’ll care when they make the World Series.

LCGATOR

Jul 1, 2014
I’m just to jaded as a fan of Atlanta sports to get excited about it. I’ve seen this show before and it ends with disappointment from one or two bone headed mistakes that cost you a championship. I’ll care when they make the World Series.
That's because here in Atlanta, all the sport arena's are built on ancient burial grounds :(:cry::mad::confused:
Been here since '76

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
The Braves finally got as far as the NLCS last year for the first time since 2001. They were looking pretty good against the Dodgers till that guy with the giant pine tar stain on his shoulder got hot. I didn't feel too bad about that because the Astros cheated the Dodgers out of 2017.

2012 was still the low point for me as a Braves fan. The "infield fly" game. I still hate the dumbass who made that call. If you're going to take a dump on Chipper Jones's last game, at least be right when you do it.

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
Considering they lost Acuna, Soroka and Ozuna to injuries and suspensions winning the NL East title is pretty impressive.

Not sure they make it out of the first playoff series to Milwaukee given they lost Acuna & Soroka.

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Considering they lost Acuna, Soroka and Ozuna to injuries and suspensions winning the NL East title is pretty impressive.

Not sure they make it out of the first playoff series to Milwaukee given they lost Acuna & Soroka.

I haven't looked much at Milwaukee's roster. I know Hader is their closer. Who are their starters? With the way Morton and Fried have been pitching lately, if they pitch 4 out of the 5 games in the NLDS, I'd stack that up against most anyone.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It should be an interesting postseason. Looks like the Dodgers who won over 100 games will have to play
a red hot cardinals team in a play in wildcard game. Think St Louis had won like 17 games in a row or something
crazy like that recently. Whoever wins the Brewers-Braves series has a chance to get to the fall classic without playing LA. Without question the most talented team in the bigs. The dodgers have such an absurd rotation it's hard to imagine any team beating them in a best of 7. But they could easily get bounced early with a difficult path against STL (1 game) and SF (best of 5).

The braves have a very good lineup, but only two real reliable starters in Morton and Max. The Brewers are
the opposite with outstanding pitching and a so so at best lineup. The braves closer is terrible and easily
the wink leak of the club. Regardless of it's the division series or another I expect him to blow a save
that ends the season.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
4 in a row!!!!

I haven’t seen any Braves talk on here. Opine.
I played baseball growing up. Was a fan of the Braves, still am I guess as I don't care for any other team, however I haven't watched baseball in well over a decade :lol:

My dad and I used to go to games in ATL every summer. Good times.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
More importantly, the Rays clinched the AL East.
I follow teams in Florida, not teams from Dwagland.

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
I haven't looked much at Milwaukee's roster. I know Hader is their closer. Who are their starters? With the way Morton and Fried have been pitching lately, if they pitch 4 out of the 5 games in the NLDS, I'd stack that up against most anyone.
They are near the bottom of the league in offensive stats but their pitching is top 3 in the NL. They only trail the Dodgers and Giants. They have 4 legit starters.

Braves have the better offense and defense. It will be an interesting series.

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I still cheer for the Braves because when I started watching baseball, they were the closest team to me. The two Florida teams had not opened shop yet. I have some great memories watching their games on TBS with my Dad growing up. Doesn't make me a Georgia fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.