Braves win the World Series

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bunch of georgia bulldogs on this thread. Fuch everything about that state, double fuch that stupid town atlanta and triple fuch any gator here who would root for anything from that state.
I triple fuched your mom last night

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hate the Fing Braves, hate em. Always have, even as a kid growing up in Illinois all you could get were Cubs and Braves games on TV and I wasn't a fan of either. Ugh.
Moved to Florida to go to school in the mid-80s and everyone's a Braves fan - I get it, no other teams in the south at the time.
But what really put me over the top was in 1995 while we were celebrating our 52-17 drubbing of UGly in Athens, Braves fans (including some of my fellow Gator fans) started an impromptu parade while doing the Fing tomahawk chomp and chant since they won the WS that same night. Made me sick to my stomach.
Thankfully Sister Hazel was playing nearby so I ditched the WS BS and took in a decent show, from what I remember. :bandit:
Hate the Braves.................
how-the-grinch-stole-christmas-the-grinch.gif

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I’m an old guy who played baseball nonstop growing up, at a time when there were no other major league baseball teams in the South. I couldn’t care less about Miami or Tampa, so I never felt the urge to start rooting for the Marlins or Rays. Been a Braves fan my entire life, and I can guarantee no one hates ugay more than me.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’m an old guy who played baseball nonstop growing up, at a time when there were no other major league baseball teams in the South. I couldn’t care less about Miami or Tampa, so I never felt the urge to start rooting for the Marlins or Rays. Been a Braves fan my entire life, and I can guarantee no one hates ugay more than me.

F-off looser.......

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Didnt play baseball but grew up a Braves fan because thats what we had , no Rays or Marlins. Would watch games with my Dad who loved the Braves , remember Chipper Jones , Niekro, Cepeda, Maddux.
Yeah I'm old too.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'd like to take this opportunity to point out I am neither a Braves fan nor old.

Also, I try not to be too judgmental when it comes to things like this. I grew up in a strict UF family, but also one that didn't really like baseball. So I was never put in that predicament of having to choose a team. That said, I imagine the whole "they were the closest thing to me", or "it's all I had to choose from" argument is the same justification that men use when they come out of prison as a homosexual.

Just food for thought.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'd like to take this opportunity to point out I am neither a Braves fan nor old.

Also, I try not to be too judgmental when it comes to things like this. I grew up in a strict UF family, but also one that didn't really like baseball. So I was never put in that predicament of having to choose a team. That said, I imagine the whole "they were the closest thing to me", or "it's all I had to choose from" argument is the same justification that men use when they come out of prison as a homosexual.

Just food for thought.
:exactly:

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Braves going to the NLCS! Beat the Brewers in 4.

I want a shot at the Dodgers, but DeSclafani is pitching for the Giants. Would like to see the former Gator win this one.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Braves going to the NLCS! Beat the Brewers in 4.

I want a shot at the Dodgers, but DeSclafani is pitching for the Giants. Would like to see the former Gator win this one.

I am up here for the games and the atmosphere for these games was electric..

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
that do a tomahawk chop. how can a Gator even look at that.
I moved to Atlanta the first time in 1987. In those days, and for the next several years, the Braves were one of the worst teams in baseball. As a baseball fans, we would go just cause it was something to do. The crowds rarely, very rarely, topped 10K at the old Fulton County Stadium. They were so hapless you found yourself rooting for them.

Mrs G and I were dating when they went from worst to first and like everyone else in town got caught up in the excitement of an actual winning local team. Naturally, she was disgusted by the whole tomahawk chop thing as she can’t stand the clowns. I hated it more for its lack of originality and still do. (Though over the years the clown half of the equation has grown.) Fortunately for me, MLB told me this summer that they didn’t want me as a fan anymore when they decided to weigh in on politics. So I really don’t care nowadays what they do.

On a side note, ripping off other teams seems to be a thing here. Ugly stole its helmet emblem from the Packers and the dwag wearing the cap with a block G from Georgetown. The Braves stole their “A” emblem from Bama (without the mullet though), and the stupid chop of course. They even steal from each other on occasion. When the Falcons started as a franchise they chose as their colors red and black.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Didnt play baseball but grew up a Braves fan because thats what we had , no Rays or Marlins. Would watch games with my Dad who loved the Braves , remember Chipper Jones , Niekro, Cepeda, Maddux.
Yeah I'm old too.
My Dad was a Braves fan before they moved to Atlanta. He was a big Lou Burdette fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb