Braves win the World Series

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
I don't hate the Braves because they are in Georgia any more than I love the Noles or the Canes because they are in Florida. The only reason I'll quit rooting for them is if they change their name.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I moved to Atlanta the first time in 1987. In those days, and for the next several years, the Braves were one of the worst teams in baseball. As a baseball fans, we would go just cause it was something to do. The crowds rarely, very rarely, topped 10K at the old Fulton County Stadium. They were so hapless you found yourself rooting for them.

Mrs G and I were dating when they went from worst to first and like everyone else in town got caught up in the excitement of an actual winning local team. Naturally, she was disgusted by the whole tomahawk chop thing as she can’t stand the clowns. I hated it more for its lack of originality and still do. (Though over the years the clown half of the equation has grown.) Fortunately for me, MLB told me this summer that they didn’t want me as a fan anymore when they decided to weigh in on politics. So I really don’t care nowadays what they do.

On a side note, ripping off other teams seems to be a thing here. Ugly stole its helmet emblem from the Packers and the dwag wearing the cap with a block G from Georgetown. The Braves stole their “A” emblem from Bama (without the mullet though), and the stupid chop of course. They even steal from each other on occasion. When the Falcons started as a franchise they chose as their colors red and black.

The tomahawk chop came from Deion chopping at one of his FSU buddies in the stands. It's an FSU thing.
I'm a yanks fan since I'm from NY. We moved to ATL in the early 90s. Used to love watching Fred Mcgriff hit
as a kid, David Justice too. I was more a fan of specific players than the braves in general since I already
had a team. The braves had some great players in the 90s and some very good teams. They just happened
to run into the greatest pro sports franchise the world has ever seen in two of those world series. Otherwise they would probably have three titles now.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
The tomahawk chop came from Deion chopping at one of his FSU buddies in the stands. It's an FSU thing.
I'm a yanks fan since I'm from NY. We moved to ATL in the early 90s. Used to love watching Fred Mcgriff hit
as a kid, David Justice too. I was more a fan of specific players than the braves in general since I already
had a team. The braves had some great players in the 90s and some very good teams. They just happened
to run into the greatest pro sports franchise the world has ever seen in two of those world series. Otherwise they would probably have three titles now.
They should have beaten the Twins if not for some shenanigans and Bobby Cox bringing in Leibrant

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I was introduced to the Yankees as a kid and did really like the pinstripes. I’ll still pull for them in a big game because of several big fans in family. But I can’t be fake and pretend I care about baseball. Honestly, the Mets fans impress me the most because of how much easier their life would be by pulling for the Yankees. But as long as either beat the Braves, I can at least take solace in the fact that some fat uga/Aub/Ala fan somewhere is upset.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
They make the world series 20 years after I quit watching, figures. Anyhow, if you're from the south, you rooted for the braves in the 90s. Any other team you're probably a yankee.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Not a braves fan, but imagine that POS Manfred having to hand the trophy to Atlanta after moving the all star game.
It would be nice if some reporter asked him why is Georgia’s election law too racist for an exhibition game, i.e. the All-Star game, but not too racist for baseball’s biggest event? Sadly, it’ll never happen of course.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I think they even took an article out in the paper letting Colorado residents know the World Series is in Atlanta

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator