BREAKING: Safety transferring from UF

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully he gets two good seasons at a smaller school and gets his Master's degree from it.

Good luck to him and thanks for being a Gator.

That’s the sad part.

He’s transferring thinking he still has a shot at the NFL instead of accepting reality and taking advantage of the chance for a good education

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
That’s the sad part.

He’s transferring thinking he still has a shot at the NFL instead of accepting reality and taking advantage of the chance for a good education

It's actually the opposite - he's been here four years, so he likely has a degree (or will by Dec/May), then he can move on and get a free master's degree at another school AND play football. He likely ends up at a 1AA school or G5 school, but - mission accomplished, for him. It's a great move on his part (if he can find somewhere to take him and offer a scholarship).

Transferring next year is going to be hard, especially for schools that get seniors returning for a 5th year - there will be limited space to take transfers.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That’s the sad part.

He is going to be a grad transfer, so he has taken advantage of the education provided.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's actually the opposite - he's been here four years, so he likely has a degree (or will by Dec/May), then he can move on and get a free master's degree at another school AND play football. He likely ends up at a 1AA school or G5 school, but - mission accomplished, for him. It's a great move on his part (if he can find somewhere to take him and offer a scholarship).

Transferring next year is going to be hard, especially for schools that get seniors returning for a 5th year - there will be limited space to take transfers.

If that’s the case then good for him

I don’t have a problem with guys, like Feleipe, taking care of the degree first and then getting a chance to play somewhere
I just hope these guys see the big picture

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
If that’s the case then good for him

I don’t have a problem with guys, like Feleipe, taking care of the degree first and then getting a chance to play somewhere
I just hope these guys see the big picture

Lenton probably realized when he was in HS and nobody offered him a scholarship except Southern Miss, Troy, Memphis, and UF that he wasn't going to the NFL. That was his big win, so he took the UF offer. Then after 18 injuries he realized if he could just play special teams that would be a win. Now, with a degree in hand and zero dollars in student loan debt he's looking for the next sucker to pay for his post-grad education.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Lenton probably realized when he was in HS and nobody offered him a scholarship except Southern Miss, Troy, Memphis, and UF that he wasn't going to the NFL. That was his big win, so he took the UF offer. Then after 18 injuries he realized if he could just play special teams that would be a win. Now, with a degree in hand and zero dollars in student loan debt he's looking for the next sucker to pay for his post-grad education.

I paid for my first post grad and work paid for most of my second post grad.... schit is expensive, good for him getting someone else to pay for it.

Last edited:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
These kids assume there’s another end to the portal. Lenton may find himself on a barren, uncharted planet.
In the old days of professional baseball and minor leagues, the destination to which you refer was called “Palookaville.” I hope he doesn’t find himself on a bench in a bus station at midnight, belongings in a bindle over his shoulder, eating the last of the potted meat packed for the trip to the aforementioned landing place. Sometimes going to work and beginning adult life is a favorable option.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
So while he may not be a great, or even really good, football player, he may be pretty bright. Good for him. And since I never heard anything bad about him, I wish him all the luck in the world. Who knows, maybe he ends up going into coaching, proves to be really good at it and comes back one day.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
This thread sucks. Dude got his degree and is moving on to grad school. Don't be mad at the player. I'd be proud of him if he was my kid.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This thread sucks. Dude got his degree and is moving on to grad school. Don't be mad at the player. I'd be proud of him if he was my kid.
He's probably prepping for the draft. Obviously he's a 1st rounder. Don't blame him for opting out after our championship hopes were crushed last Saturday.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

For the record, I don’t know that he actually has his degree I think this is speculation given his 4 year tenure at UF

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
For the record, I don’t know that he actually has his degree I think this is speculation given his 4 year tenure at UF

I didnt know either until I clicked on the link the OP provided and read it with my eyeballs and brain. But I guess its cool to just be uninformed about the people we make fun

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I didnt know either until I clicked on the link the OP provided and read it with my eyeballs and brain. But I guess its cool to just be uninformed about the people we make fun

I don’t think I said anything that suggested anything of the sort once I was told that he was projected to be a grad transfer.I am only guilty of not clicking on a link to confirm the statement so lighten up and go jump somebody else’s a$$ since you feel so aggressive today.

Try Grantham or Mullen or Quincy Wilson for starters

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I don’t think I said anything that suggested anything of the sort once I was told that he was projected to be a grad transfer.I am only guilty of not clicking on a link to confirm the statement so lighten up and go jump somebody else’s a$$ since you feel so aggressive today.

Try Grantham or Mullen or Quincy Wilson for starters

I never said you did. I said 'we made fun'. Why are you so defensive?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.