Breaking: UF moving BHG capacity down to 75K

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Destroying recruiting? Haven’t we been getting top 10 classes under him? Now I do agree to compete every year for a title we need to land a couple more 5 stars but it’s not like he is getting terrible classes

The same conspiracy theories you can never disprove, only click the Loony/Drunk button on….

And I never said Dan was elite or the savior….I’m just saying he’s our best since Urban…Muschamp and McElwain both had sub 500 seasons….that won’t happen under cousin Eddie

All I get from you is that you like sprinkles on your poop.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
From 2015 to 2021 our 247 team talent composite has gone from 790 to 890. In the mean time bama and UGAy have just blown past us.
Team talent doesn't go back past 2015 but the recruit average rating does. Of course it doesn't account for those signed but never making it to campus.

2006 .906
2007 .895
2008 .893
2009 .919
2010 .940
Meyer Avg = .911

2011 .905
2012 .918
2013 .907
2014 .896
Chump Avg = .907

2015 .873
2016 .887
2017 .891
Mac Avg = .884

2018 .907
2019 .906
2010 .907
2011 .903
<name soon to be redacted> Avg = .906

For whatever that means.

So if the team's total talent rating has gone down since he lost Butters recruits... what does that mean about his recruiting? Also says something I didn't expect, that the teams talent average went up under Butters, didn't expect that.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Composite is 2/3s shtt rankings, too. But it's all we have I guess.

Grade inflation continues today. There are people who are 4 stars who wouldn't ever have been back in the day. Hell there were high 3 stars well into the Top 250 in the day.

I remember someone trying to spin that Mullinz just had the best class ever even though we only landed 3 top 250 players compared to Meyer landing 15 or so. It's bullshyt but it's easier just to give everyone a "B" than to spend more time and money trying to scout.

You mean the whole Disco Dan had the best transition class in the history of UF argument.....

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Now let's compare apples to apples. Was Spurrier batting .250 against teams that finished ranked in the AP poll (Dan is 4-11 right now counting UK and Bama for 2021)? Nope. In fact in '91 he had 2 wins against the final top 5. Dan is 0-4 in that regards. Spurrier also won (or should have won) the SEC in his first 2 years. Add to it that Dan hasn't faced a top 5 FSU squad, there are now 12 games so he's got to add an Idaho, a Towson, and an FAU game helps that winning percentage. So yea, easier schedules tend to help that. Do we really want to discuss strength of schedules?

Numbers without context is comical. I'm sure a Syracuse team who finished #11 on the road is a lot easier than on the road against USF. If we want to compare each and every game of the first 3.5 seasons lets do it. I'm game. Let's compare each game, opponents winning percentage, road games vs. home games, etc.

Spurrier had the luxury of only having to deal with Tennessee every year and then Bama in the SECCG….and even 90s Bama was nowhere near current Bama…UGA sucked, LSU sucked, there was no TAMU, and Auburn sucked outside of the Patrick Nix years…..if you want to take the time and effort to compare every single opponents winning percentage, etc go ahead….but I can tell you right now the SEC was nowhere near as brutal for Spurrier as it is now for Mullen….Spurrier had the same 2 obstacles every year…Tenn and FSU…..take this year alone for instance…Mullen will have had played 2 #1 teams in the first 2 months, in addition to the #16 team on the road…..willing to bet that never happened under Spurrier

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Takes a while but downsizing 'cause now that Driskell is gone, we don't need that many receivers in the stands.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

I'm not a fan of this at all. I'm sure there is a way to do this renovation and keep the same number of seats if you are willing to invest (which most likely is the problem).

The Swamp is currently one of the most intimidating places to play in the country when sold out, why mess with that? Why not find a way to keep the edge? It doesn't make sense.

Blonde Gator

Founding Member
Cynic
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Late to this party, but I have to say shrinking the size of the stadium for television optics is, without a doubt, the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

We should definitely upgrade, make some pretty box seats with good access to tasty (and expensive) treats and drinks. By all means, provide some shade (okay LOTS of shade...see <s>Jockey Shorts</s> Joe Robbie Stadium), and maybe improve the cheap seats. Hell, hire some Hooters style waitresses for the Sky Boxes/box seats or something.

But for cryin' out loud! It's THE SWAMP, not some sub-par junior college stadium like at K-State!

The UAA needs to start acting like Gators, not little fat shetland ponies trying to be unicorns!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not a fan of this at all. I'm sure there is a way to do this renovation and keep the same number of seats if you are willing to invest (which most likely is the problem).

The Swamp is currently one of the most intimidating places to play in the country when sold out, why mess with that? Why not find a way to keep the edge? It doesn't make sense.
Its not sold out and in case you have noticed, the money down finger rubbers dont have a fuchsing clue what to do in the stands.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Spurrier had the luxury of only having to deal with Tennessee every year and then Bama in the SECCG….and even 90s Bama was nowhere near current Bama…UGA sucked, LSU sucked, there was no TAMU, and Auburn sucked outside of the Patrick Nix years…..if you want to take the time and effort to compare every single opponents winning percentage, etc go ahead….but I can tell you right now the SEC was nowhere near as brutal for Spurrier as it is now for Mullen….Spurrier had the same 2 obstacles every year…Tenn and FSU…..take this year alone for instance…Mullen will have had played 2 #1 teams in the first 2 months, in addition to the #16 team on the road…..willing to bet that never happened under Spurrier

If we are talking the first 3 and a half years, we did play Bama all 3 of the first years, but somehow, someway, two were in the regular season because the SEC Title game didn't exist. You want to talk about LSU and UGA sucking, while talking about the dangers of UT and FSU, but fail to mention that LSU and UGA for the first two years of Mullen were just as good as those UT and FSU teams in '90 and '91, but that UT and FSU were worse as bad, if not worse than those LSU and UGA teams.

You have to be trolling. Anyways, here are the teams finished ranked in the AP Polls:

W- Auburn (#19)
L-Tenn (#8), FSU (#4)
W- Bama (Bama #5), FSU (#3), Tenn (#14), UGA (#17)
L- Syracuse (#11), Notre Dame (#13)
W- Georgia (#8), NC State (#17)
L- Tenn (#12), Miss State (#23), Florida State (#2), Bama (#1)

7-8 Against Top 25; 2-3 Against Top 5

W- LSU (#6), Michigan (#14)
L- UGA (#7), Kentucky (#12)
W- Auburn (#14)
L- LSU (#1), UGA (#4)
W- UGA (#7)
L- Bama (#1), A&M (#4), Oklahoma (#6)

4-7 Against Top 25; 0-4 Against Top 5

Spurrier had 4 more games against the top 25 through 3 seasons and 3 more wins. Spurrier had also beaten teams that would finish top 5 where Mullen is currently winless. I did reference a .250 winning percentage and I am man enough to say I was wrong. I had mentally added Kentucky and Bama from this year, thought I hadn't and instead of 4-9, I got 4-11. Essentially, I added the 0-2 this year twice by mistake. Instead Dan is about .333 where Spurrier was .467.

Now if we bring in year 4, Mullen is 0-2 if teams ranked stay ranked and a probable 0-3 with UGA dropping him to 4-10. Meanwhile Spurrier, was 3-2 against ranked teams and that would make him 10-10. Numbers don't lie. Spurrier also only had 11 game regular seasons so he didn't get to have 2 FCS games in a season like we did in 2019. There is the argument of the 2020 all-SEC season, but there were many mediocre teams. Spurrier had 4 regular season non-conference games against top 25 finishing teams in his three years. Mullen has had 0. These are not the same.

Most importantly, Spurrier only lost 8 games in his first 3 seasons. All his losses were to AP top 25 teams at the end of the season. Mullen lost 9 games through his first 3 seasons, two of which were two teams finishing unranked, Mizzou in 2018 and LSU in 2020.

Again, I know you're probably trolling, but still, I have nothing better to do than put this Mullen and Spurrier are basically the same bs to contextual numbers.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
So if the team's total talent rating has gone down since he lost Butters recruits... what does that mean about his recruiting? Also says something I didn't expect, that the teams talent average went up under Butters, didn't expect that.
I don't think it's a very good measure for some reason. Meyer's teams were stupidly loaded with 5 star and top 150 guys yet his average isn't much higher. So :dunno:. The average doesn't take into account recruits that never made it to campus so that's part of it. It's only the average so if you only signed 17 instead of 25 you might have an artificially high average. Grade inflation. Lots of problems with it.
The team composite is the best measure I know of. It only accounts for players that are available to play each season. Throws out the no shows, includes transfers. But it's limited to 2015 so can't compare with past coaches.
But the composite means nothing if not comparing with the competition.
Yeah we went from 790 in 2015 to 890 this year. A full 100 points. But Bama and UGAy have flown past and have teams with composites of 1000.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
If we are talking the first 3 and a half years, we did play Bama all 3 of the first years, but somehow, someway, two were in the regular season because the SEC Title game didn't exist. You want to talk about LSU and UGA sucking, while talking about the dangers of UT and FSU, but fail to mention that LSU and UGA for the first two years of Mullen were just as good as those UT and FSU teams in '90 and '91, but that UT and FSU were worse as bad, if not worse than those LSU and UGA teams.

You have to be trolling. Anyways, here are the teams finished ranked in the AP Polls:

W- Auburn (#19)
L-Tenn (#8), FSU (#4)
W- Bama (Bama #5), FSU (#3), Tenn (#14), UGA (#17)
L- Syracuse (#11), Notre Dame (#13)
W- Georgia (#8), NC State (#17)
L- Tenn (#12), Miss State (#23), Florida State (#2), Bama (#1)

7-8 Against Top 25; 2-3 Against Top 5

W- LSU (#6), Michigan (#14)
L- UGA (#7), Kentucky (#12)
W- Auburn (#14)
L- LSU (#1), UGA (#4)
W- UGA (#7)
L- Bama (#1), A&M (#4), Oklahoma (#6)

4-7 Against Top 25; 0-4 Against Top 5

Spurrier had 4 more games against the top 25 through 3 seasons and 3 more wins. Spurrier had also beaten teams that would finish top 5 where Mullen is currently winless. I did reference a .250 winning percentage and I am man enough to say I was wrong. I had mentally added Kentucky and Bama from this year, thought I hadn't and instead of 4-9, I got 4-11. Essentially, I added the 0-2 this year twice by mistake. Instead Dan is about .333 where Spurrier was .467.

Now if we bring in year 4, Mullen is 0-2 if teams ranked stay ranked and a probable 0-3 with UGA dropping him to 4-10. Meanwhile Spurrier, was 3-2 against ranked teams and that would make him 10-10. Numbers don't lie. Spurrier also only had 11 game regular seasons so he didn't get to have 2 FCS games in a season like we did in 2019. There is the argument of the 2020 all-SEC season, but there were many mediocre teams. Spurrier had 4 regular season non-conference games against top 25 finishing teams in his three years. Mullen has had 0. These are not the same.

Most importantly, Spurrier only lost 8 games in his first 3 seasons. All his losses were to AP top 25 teams at the end of the season. Mullen lost 9 games through his first 3 seasons, two of which were two teams finishing unranked, Mizzou in 2018 and LSU in 2020.

Again, I know you're probably trolling, but still, I have nothing better to do than put this Mullen and Spurrier are basically the same bs to contextual numbers.

You know what’s hilarious about this is my original argument was simply to say Mullen is better than Muschamp and McElwain….that’s it…do you not agree?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Its not sold out and in case you have noticed, the money down finger rubbers dont have a fuchsing clue what to do in the stands.

I was pretty sure the Bama game was sold out. I get that Vandy wasn't.

One thing that has changed for everybody is that people now have big TV's with HD at home. The food is cheaper and better and so is the beer. While I still think game day experiences are amazing, I also get why you don't get full capacity to see worse competition at 12:00.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
You know what’s hilarious about this is my original argument was simply to say Mullen is better than Muschamp and McElwain….that’s it…do you not agree?
Nope. Dan is in year 4 and he hasn't won anything. Chump got canned in yr 4 after three years of futility and a 4th year going nowhere. Mac didn't even make it through 3 years. He won the same number of titles as Dan. The only thing Dan has going for him is that Chump and Mac blazed the trail of mediocrity so that Dan now seems acceptable even though he can't even beat Kentucky on a regular basis.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Nope. Dan is in year 4 and he hasn't won anything. Chump got canned in yr 4 after three years of futility and a 4th year going nowhere. Mac didn't even make it through 3 years. He won the same number of titles as Dan. The only thing Dan has going for him is that Chump and Mac blazed the trail of mediocrity so that Dan now seems acceptable even though he can't even beat Kentucky on a regular basis.

Mullen took a basement dwelling Miss State team to #1 in the country

Mullen has only lost to Bama by a combined 8 points....Chump and McElwain lost by 20 minimum

Mullen was behind some of the best offenses in our history under Urban

Mullen didn't lose to Georgia Southern or have 2 OL blocking each other

Mullen will never finish below 500 here...
Chump and McElwain did

We are back to being top 25 every year under him

I agree the UK losses are unacceptable and he needs to get rid of Grantham...ironically I think if we had Muschamp as our DC we would be sitting pretty...but point being it's ridiculous to think he is on the same level as the previous 2

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen took a basement dwelling Miss State team to #1 in the country

When did he win a National Title with Mississippi State, because that is the only #1 in the nation that counts.

Mullen has only lost to Bama by a combined 8 points....Chump and McElwain lost by 20 minimum

key word is lost... no moral victory... moral victories are for losers.

Mullen was behind some of the best offenses in our history under Urban

So what's been the issues 3 out of 4 years with him as Head Coach and why didn't it translate to Miss State... the aspect missing in both Meyer's recruits.

Mullen didn't lose to Georgia Southern or have 2 OL blocking each other

He hasn't played them either.... but he did find a way to lose to Southern Alabama with a P5 school

Mullen will never finish below 500 here...
Chump and McElwain

Muschamp finished .571 overall and .531 in conference
McElwain finished .647 overall and .727 in conference

so this argument is false.

We are back to being top 25 every year under him

A number of middling teams are too... so this and a bag of chips will gets you a bag of chips.

I agree the UK losses are unacceptable and he needs to get rid of Grantham...ironically I think if we had Muschamp as our DC we would be sitting pretty...but point being it's ridiculous to think he is on the same level as the previous 2

This last statement is just straight up full Injun, and you should never go full Injun...

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
My bad on the sub 500 argument...I left off *in a season....

As far as the losing to South Alabama, yes that shouldn't have happened but he also didn't have near the talent he has here....and we play teams just like Georgia Southern every year and we have blown them out

As far as not caring about reaching #1 if you don't win a natty, so I guess with that logic Kirby Smart is a failure? He hasn't won a natty....UGA fans should fire him then huh? How bout James Franklin? Kirk Ferentz?

As far as the recruiting, I agree...that needs to improve...which I have said multiple times already....to knock off UGA and Bama we need more 5 stars

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My bad on the sub 500 argument...I left off *in a season....

As far as the losing to South Alabama, yes that shouldn't have happened but he also didn't have near the talent he has here....and we play teams just like Georgia Southern every year and we have blown them out

still not a good argument.

As far as not caring about reaching #1 if you don't win a natty, so I guess with that logic Kirby Smart is a failure? He hasn't won a natty....UGA fans should fire him then huh? How bout James Franklin? Kirk Ferentz?

Smart is underachieving... but he does have a SEC Championship... can't say that about Mullens. Jame Franklin has won his conference so had Ferentz. Admittedly Ferentz bar is lower because he is at Iowa... not one of the top 5 organizations.

As far as the recruiting, I agree...that needs to improve...which I have said multiple times already....to knock off UGA and Bama we need more 5 stars

Year 4, he is who is he.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator