Breakout Offensive Star

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
We have plenty of talent between running backs, receivers, and tight ends. The question is who has the drive, desire and will to become the next Gator great?

The running backs require help from the offensive line, but with a roster this deep, it seems like someone has got to step up. Who is it going to be?

I like Shorter at wide receiver but will he be in synch with Jones? Has Copeland improved his hands? Who else can make first downs and catch the long ball? I hope that Jones and the receivers have played a lot of catch is summer.

I think both Gamble and Zipperer have shown good skills. Can Odom or Taylor break into the lineup?

It has been a long time since I have felt this unsure of who our offensive stars will be.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If I had to pick a breakout WR it will be Henderson, and we'll play 4 RBs so none of them will get enough carries to be a breakout star. But this offense rests entirely on Jones's shoulders. The offense will be as good as he is. I hope he's really good.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
EJ is obvious #1

2nd is Copeland. But it’s 50/50 because of his entitlement and his hands.

Next?

Maybe Lingard or Bowman.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully Henderson. He’s the one guy at the position that can be a legit number one receiver . The rest of the guys are talented , but more so role players than stars.

Watching Davis get carries over Bowman will be frustrating . But we all know it’s going to happen .

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Shorter??? Copeland??? :facepalm:

The answer is Trent Whittemore.

Big target (6'4"), fast, and the best hands on the team.

Was emerging last year until that broken rib/punctured lung thing.

Alex.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Henderson is the only receiver that I've seen that has the potential to be a star. Fraziars is another one to watch if he gets any opportunities.
Copeland , Shorter, Zip and gamble have all shown inconsistent hands and an inability to separate. And as traz mentioned, we'll be playing too many runningbacks and EJ for anyone to emerge there. I think playmakers or lack there of is gonna be an issue this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb