Breakout Offensive Star

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He also got busted out of USF for that great job he did as OC

As much schit as he deserves for that... that organization was a clusterfck. It was in a garbage place when Strong took over, and he made it worse. Kerwin was brought in at the end when they truly lack offensive players that a team of that magnitude in that market should have. If he was smarter, he wouldn't have taken the job.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
I like a lot of the answers given here. But I have a feeling EJ is gonna have a huge year. I saw a couple posts about his health, but I think he’ll be fine. Mobile QBs don’t typically get hurt while running. It’s hard enough trying to catch them let alone trying to deliver any type of vicious blow. They actually seem to get injured more often in the pocket. I think some of us will be pleasantly surprised by how well he plays next year. We’re gonna score a LOT of points!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I like a lot of the answers given here. But I have a feeling EJ is gonna have a huge year. I saw a couple posts about his health, but I think he’ll be fine. Mobile QBs don’t typically get hurt while running. It’s hard enough trying to catch them let alone trying to deliver any type of vicious blow. They actually seem to get injured more often in the pocket. I think some of us will be pleasantly surprised by how well he plays next year. We’re gonna score a LOT of points!

Never go full Bosstard

75cc3a43d20dbd.gif

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
He’s probably the best runner as far as speed and elusiveness that mullinz has ever had, but he still looks a little light in the a$$ to run his offense. He has a strong arm and all the moves as a runner, but we are going to be holding our breath every time he drops back or takes off. I doubt he can stay healthy but hopefully I’m wrong.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
]
wrong. he's proven to be a conservative ass ball control guy with questionable recruiting skills and the inability to win more than one game a year against the team with a pulse.

sound familiar?

basically what we've had for the last decade.

any athletic director at a something other than a third or fourth tier school should never consider him.

but I guess the rest of your goofy ass list of all men fired so hang on tight.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He’s probably the best runner as far as speed and elusiveness that mullinz has ever had, but he still looks a little light in the a$$ to run his offense. He has a strong arm and all the moves as a runner, but we are going to be holding our breath every time he drops back or takes off. I doubt he can stay healthy but hopefully I’m wrong.
don't worry, I was just told that running quarterbacks don't get hurt. apparently their knees and ankles are made out of something special. probably that metal from wakanda.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
conspicuous lack of quoting his win-loss record.

you're smart to do that.

as for talent level he's been there for many many years and he hasn't improved the talent level that's on him. the great ones go to places even like Kansas State, Bowling Green, Duke or Michigan State and somehow manage the land more talent in their supposed to.

he's fuchsing garbage but he's exactly the kind of Coach I would expect us to hire to continue our four loss seasons in the second decade of disaster.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I’ve said before, after the McElwain debacle which provided our rivals endless superficial material to poke fun at, there was no way we could go back to back with a guy with giant teeth. We needed at least a 4 year buffer. We’re here now. So I’d be ok with it. I do agree with Law, however, that he seems to have a little bit of a WM mindset in his approach, which doesn’t work at a place like UF, imo.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Matt Campbell is a solid coach . The ragin Cajuns debacle is quite the blemish on an otherwise impressive resume . It’s not quite as bad as losing to a team that doesn’t complete a pass against you . Or getting blown out on homecoming to a team with just north of 100 yards total offense . But a rather ugly blemish nonetheless that doesn’t exactly scream championships ahead .

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Matt Campbell is a solid coach . The ragin Cajuns debacle is quite the blemish on an otherwise impressive resume . It’s not quite as bad as losing to a team that doesn’t complete a pass against you . Or getting blown out on homecoming to a team with just north of 100 yards total offense . But a rather ugly blemish nonetheless that doesn’t exactly scream championships ahead .
It screams 3-4 losses forever.

Id rather take a chance on a longshot like the passing game coordinator from LSU Joe Brady or even Brian Johnson. Long shots no doubt but actual potential to maybe be a game changer.pp

I know the league is rapidly moving away from these shyttty ball control coaches, so there's much demand for innovative coordinators but there has to be another Ryan Day or Lincoln Riley in the wings somewhere.

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve said before, after the McElwain debacle which provided our rivals endless superficial material to poke fun at, there was no way we could go back to back with a guy with giant teeth. We needed at least a 4 year buffer. We’re here now. So I’d be ok with it. I do agree with Law, however, that he seems to have a little bit of a WM mindset in his approach, which doesn’t work at a place like UF, imo.

I've heard Doug Peterson is available...

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I'm confused. Are we guessing who the next breakout offensive star will be? Or did we somehow jump to the "who should replace DM" thread?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Definitely want a coach that recruits and likes to throw it around the yard. Not sure matt Campbell that guy. But he probably wouldn't be a disaster here either.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
All complaints must be submitted in writing
Well, you certainly are the resident expert on complaining, but that doesn't make you the authority regarding official complaint processes - that would be Ox.

Also, it should be noted that I didn't complain - I asked questions.

But keep on braying, donk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.