Bret Bielema telling anyone who will listen he's going to be next Patriots DC. Oops! it's Schiano

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Is there anyone more involved in abrupt coaching changes than Greg Schiano? Hey, maybe he's headed to Tennessee after all.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Is there anyone more involved in abrupt coaching changes than Greg Schiano? Hey, maybe he's headed to Tennessee after all.
But but but... he took time off to be with his family.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Schiano is toxic. I doubt he ever coaches again.

Agree. This is such an odd move. He gets a super, super high profile job w/ NE and quits? WTF? He's made a ton of money in his life, but he's only 52 years old. He may just be done with it. I'm not sure if he'd have a hard time getting a job or not after this, but he's definitely toxic and a program or NFL team would have to think long and hard bringing him on after leaving Bilicheck high and dry like this.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like Schiano is just tired of football. I'm sure 80 hour weeks for decades would get old.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like Schiano is just tired of football. I'm sure 80 hour weeks for decades would get old.
80 is probably a slow week. They rarely get a day off, at least in college.

Believe it or not, Bammer's huge staff results in those guys having the most family-friendly work week. Some of the facilities have family dining areas where the coaches families can come to work and eat then go home. That is pretty sad.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
And he probably has plenty of money from his NFL days.

He was an NFL head coach for 2 years and a college head coach for 10+. He made close to a million $$ at Ohio State. Unless he's a financial retard, the dude is set for life.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He was an NFL head coach for 2 years and a college head coach for 10+. He made close to a million $$ at Ohio State. Unless he's a financial retard, the dude is set for life.
Assuming said coach making said money recalibrates his spending. Many don't. He's 52. If you're being safe, you have to figure he has 40 more years of income and healthcare expense to plan for. If I were him, I'd probably want some more padding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.