Brian Edwards transfers

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
McWilliams is now one of our major depth players...Awesome outlook on an already thin secondary

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I don't get it, he apparently would get some playing time, and talks well of UF. That said you are a Gator or bait. I also don't get the idea that you are always a Gator when you quit for no apparent or good reason.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
1/3 of the class not going to make it, and transfers on top. I was happy what Mullen did with the team last year, but this is shaping up to put us back in the hole.

Going to be very hard to compete when we don't have the depth, need to get a full roster with competent depth to be in the hunt for the NC.

Can he pull out another 10 win season?

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
How much does this hurt?

I would like it more if we KNEW we could improve...24/7 talks like no great loss?

Y'alls thoughts...this makes 9

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
After reading the article, now I get it. He is a troubled individual who does not (or can't) compete, I bet he has academic issues as well.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
1/3 of the class not going to make it, and transfers on top. I was happy what Mullen did with the team last year, but this is shaping up to put us back in the hole.

Going to be very hard to compete when we don't have the depth, need to get a full roster with competent depth to be in the hunt for the NC.

Can he pull out another 10 win season?

So competing means competing for a NC? Perhaps eventually but it will take some time, and I would be happy to be competitive with the best in the SEC.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have a feeling he was told to move on. Could be wrong, but there's a reason he always seemed the best talent on the field at safety, yet could barely ever make it onto the field. That hints to me of off the field issues.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
“It’s McWilliams time to shine!”

Comment from the article. Has this gator watched him at all? :eek3:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
How much does this hurt?

I would like it more if we KNEW we could improve...24/7 talks like no great loss?

Y'alls thoughts...this makes 9

It hurts depth. I think he didn't play that bad in the 4 or 5 games he played in. Maybe I am forgetting something however.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
“It’s McWilliams time to shine!”

Comment from the article. Has this gator watched him at all? :eek3:

I had almost forgot about him. Every time someone went down and McWilliams entered the game he was getting burned it seemed. We may really miss Edwards after all.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hell, ten bucks McWilliams transfers, too.

The problem for McWilliams is he probably couldn't find a school to take him. The transfer portal is full right now. Same reason Trask likely never transfers (won't be able to find a landing spot).

Edwards may land somewhere, but after his arrest this spring he's damaged goods (appearance that he's transferring for disciplinary reasons). My guess is he's 1AA bound.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I've said this before...If I were a coach at say FAU, USF...or better yet a Liberty U, I'd take in all the "Misfits”.

I’d be the real Last chance U but if you screwed up…YOUR OUT.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It’s all good. He wasn’t very consistent in the first place. We’ll be fine in the secondary. We know about Hendo and Wilson, but we need guys like Huggins, Elam, and Hill to contribute now. Maybe Coach Gray can coach up McWilliams. Even he may be improved if he dedicated himself in the offseason.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It’s all good. He wasn’t very consistent in the first place. We’ll be fine in the secondary. We know about Hendo and Wilson, but we need guys like Huggins, Elam, and Hill to contribute now. Maybe Coach Gray can coach up McWilliams. Even he may be improved if he dedicated himself in the offseason.

I think with 4 weeks of camp Elam would be better than McWilliams.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I suspect an individual will be taking this position as a change in position.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So competing means competing for a NC? Perhaps eventually but it will take some time, and I would be happy to be competitive with the best in the SEC.
Yes, I think most of the other skinflints in the UAA and ADs office feel the same way. Being still mathematically "in it" in October is good enough.

Im pretty sure competing for championships is no longer deemed a price they are willing to pay.

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
As said we are thin at CB and losing Edwards could be a significant loss. From the national portal it looks like there are 5 CB's rated above Edwards still available. Do you think we may be looking at this list for a potential replacement?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb