Brian Griese should be banned from future UF broadcasts

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Typical dumbass commentator that’s too lazy to do their homework for a 3 1/2 hour gig once a week. F*ck him.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’m not one to ever complain about announcers being biased. But that broadcast was biased.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I think the only one close to us bad as him is when we used to get the old UGLY lineman.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I’m not one to ever complain about announcers being biased. But that broadcast was biased.
I’m not one to claim anti Gator bias but it does seem like they’ve always pulled for Kentucky (and Vandy) no matter who’s done the broadcast.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I’m not one to claim anti Gator bias but it does seem like they’ve always pulled for Kentucky (and Vandy) no matter who’s done the broadcast.
They were especially bad. Griese was one serious jerk the whole time.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Daddy Bob is still pissed Spurrier won the Heisman back in 1966.
This.

Seems like I recall that he was critical of Timmy as well. I bet the '90's were a b!tch for the Grieses. Christmases reduced to warm beer and family fights in the yard that the cops had to mediate.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This.

Seems like I recall that he was critical of Timmy as well. I bet the '90's were a b!tch for the Grieses. Christmases reduced to warm beer and family fights in the yard that the cops had to mediate.

As much as I love all your posts Cover, this line may be my all-time favorite. I'm totally stealing it. Thanks, I really needed a good laugh after last night.

Alex.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I said this in the box last night, but the Grieses have always hated Florida. And I’m not one of those people who b*tches that every announcer hates us because they show excitement when the other team makes a play.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
He's a complete ass and should never announce another game of ours again. After it was apparent we were going to win, he then went into some diatribe about how were weren't a top 10 team. Not saying a disagree with him but it's not his place to discuss at that point. He made fun of the D, talked shyt about Mullens playcalling, how soft our D was playing when they should have been in attack mode (another point I actually agreed with). He's a douche.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ESPN hates the Gators. The whole broadcast they were openly pulling for Kentucky, it was ridiculous.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I'm not the yell at the TV type - but "off the field" comment drew a 15 yarder on me from Mrs. Finger. He's made a fool of himself at times on the field; but in an age when kids are doing all kinds of nonsense to get in trouble it seems he's stayed focused on football off the field. There have been consistent reports of late night sessions with the receivers trying to improve his game. That was a horse**** swipe at a kid that - at least in that regard - has done things the right way.

A grown man would apologize and correct the record.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This was bad, the game was tough enough to watch but Griese was just like that guy in happy Gilmore that made everything worse.
VeneratedSnarlingGreyhounddog-size_restricted.gif

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Brian Griese himself is bad enough, but it's baffling to me that Steve Levy has a job as a play by play announcer. He used to just do the Bahamas Bowl because when you have 40 bowl games, you run out of people to put on TV. But now he's been elevated to the primetime ESPN game every Saturday and he is just AWFUL. You don't take an anchor and try to make him a play by play guy. Leave him in the studio to read the teleprompter and make stupid jokes over highlights. I'd honestly take Beth Mowins and whoever her color guy is over Levy and Griese, they're that bad.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I'd honestly take Beth Mowins and whoever her color guy is over Levy and Griese, they're that bad.

I was with you all the way until the end. Neither pair has any business calling anything but a dog show. There used to be a call in feature where you could sync Mick to the live broadcast. Anyone know if that still exists?

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
ESPN needs an earful over this bull****.

Those twits aren’t there to take sides.

That was egregiously unprofessional crap. Even a neutral observer should have been nonplussed by those jokers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.