Brian Griese should be banned from future UF broadcasts

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Brian Griese himself is bad enough, but it's baffling to me that Steve Levy has a job as a play by play announcer. He used to just do the Bahamas Bowl because when you have 40 bowl games, you run out of people to put on TV. But now he's been elevated to the primetime ESPN game every Saturday and he is just AWFUL. You don't take an anchor and try to make him a play by play guy. Leave him in the studio to read the teleprompter and make stupid jokes over highlights. I'd honestly take Beth Mowins and whoever her color guy is over Levy and Griese, they're that bad.
I just figured someone either died or got canned was the reason why Greasy, yes Greasy, and Levy were in the booth.

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Before the game started I pointed out to my wife how bad it was that Griese was a commentator on our game. Then throughout the game she kept saying how right I was. Clear bias the whole game. Only time he said something nice was to defend Frank's against the evil nasty Gator fans.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm never one to give unsolicited advice :lol: but I recommend ignoring the announcers rather than have so many bruised feelings. I had the game on and literally didn't hear Greasy Griese say any of that stuff, not because he didn't say it, but because I wasn't listening. Turn on Mick instead if this **** bothers you so much.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Brian Griese himself is bad enough, but it's baffling to me that Steve Levy has a job as a play by play announcer. He used to just do the Bahamas Bowl because when you have 40 bowl games, you run out of people to put on TV. But now he's been elevated to the primetime ESPN game every Saturday and he is just AWFUL. You don't take an anchor and try to make him a play by play guy. Leave him in the studio to read the teleprompter and make stupid jokes over highlights. I'd honestly take Beth Mowins and whoever her color guy is over Levy and Griese, they're that bad.
I gave a like to this but you should redact the Mowins line. She’s like listening to fingernails on a chalkboard. Robin Roberts or whatever she goes by these days is terrible too, but she’s a breath of fresh air compared to Mowins. Griese probably went home and kicked his dog, if he has one, after UF pulled it out at the end.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Looking at the comments, it’s not even just UF fans calling him out. There are Lsu and uga fans echoing the sentiment. What’s worse is that it wasn’t like an acl that is kind of bummer but the player seems ok. You’ve got a kid crying from a a combination of pain and anguish for what the injury likely means for his UF career. And your thought is to take anything other than the highest road possible?

Must not be a father, or is a terrible one if so. Because critical of Franks’ play or not, I couldn’t watch that without getting emotional myself. At the end of the day these guys are humans and pretty young ones at that. Maybe I’m an old man now due to kids, but seeing one in tears is tough to watch. Couldn’t imagine thinking I’d use the window to take a character shot.

Terrible all around.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
I cut them off and went to Mick online after felipe injury, surprisingly Mick was on time with broadcast I enjoyed the game much better this way.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I gave a like to this but you should redact the Mowins line. She’s like listening to fingernails on a chalkboard. Robin Roberts or whatever she goes by these days is terrible too, but she’s a breath of fresh air compared to Mowins. Griese probably went home and kicked his dog, if he has one, after UF pulled it out at the end.
Hopefully the dog bit him too.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I must be oblivious to all the talking heads jabber. Im busy watching the game and need them to tell me what is going on like I need my wife to tell me how to parent. I guess I hear what the kids in Peanuts heard when an adult talked.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
McDonough was doing the ABC game with Herbcheat. I guess the trickle down effect happened, but Levy and Grease E getting the ESPN primetime gig is inexcusable. The team that did the late game with Arizona/TT ran circles around them.

As for the real reason for the hatred...….it wasn't even that damned close, let the Grease E family has eternal butthurt. *******s.

1966 Heisman Voting:

Number of electors: 1160 - Announced: November 22, 1966.

Player Class Position School 1st 2nd 3rd Total Points
1 Steve Spurrier SR QB Florida 433 150 80 1659
2 Bob Griese SR QB Purdue 184 95 74 816
3 Nick Eddy SR RB Notre Dame 39 120 99 456
4 Gary Beban JR QB UCLA 23 76 97 318
5 Floyd Little SR QB Syracuse 25 70 81 296
6 Clint Jones SR RB Michigan State 22 43 52 204
7 Mel Farr SR RB UCLA 10 29 27 115
8 Terry Hanratty SO QB Notre Dame 12 23 16 98
9 Lloyd Phillips SR DT Arkansas 13 10 8 67
10 George Patton SR DT Georgia 1 23 17 62

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The stupid son of a bitch kept calling the Kentucky player Trey dean . Must’ve said it three or four times . The bum needs an ass kicking

The Lateral Move

Oct 9, 2018
It was probably the worst I've ever seen. I mentioned it in the game thread.

By the end of the game, I was almost as relieved that I didn't have to listen to them anymore as I was that we won.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I said this in the box last night, but the Grieses have always hated Florida. And I’m not one of those people who b*tches that every announcer hates us because they show excitement when the other team makes a play.
The announcers bias was egregious, but their ignorance was appalling. Said Franks had thrown 150 odd passes without an int before the Kentucky int; put Trey Dean, with UK, didn't realize that the UK TD pass was caught, etc, etc.

Gator-Don

The Master of Sparks and Fire
Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2016
His prejudice was given to him by father Bob.

I'm so happy Bob isn't broadcasting down here anymore. It also seems to me that Jessie Palmer over compensates in his commentary to not be thought of as a homer.

Gator-Don

The Master of Sparks and Fire
Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2016
I'm never one to give unsolicited advice :lol: but I recommend ignoring the announcers rather than have so many bruised feelings. I had the game on and literally didn't hear Greasy Griese say any of that stuff, not because he didn't say it, but because I wasn't listening. Turn on Mick instead if this **** bothers you so much.

I wouldn't have paid attention to them if it wasn't for my wife's constant ranting about it. She's still bitching about it today. Our dog came out of hiding with thirty seconds left in the 4th. It's weird how he can tell abject despair from crazy happy.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I likewise didn't hear the comments, mostly because I had pretty much tuned them out long before Franks went down. Reading back to see what was said it's disturbing and wholly unprofessional. What a complete douchebag.

Nothing short of a public apology should be acceptable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.