Brian Griese should be banned from future UF broadcasts

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
This.

Seems like I recall that he was critical of Timmy as well. I bet the '90's were a b!tch for the Grieses. Christmases reduced to warm beer and family fights in the yard that the cops had to mediate.
I actually had a visual there. Made me chuckle. I can just imagine the cops rolling their eyes as the Griese’s address came over the radio with the call.

Lurker

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
There were no matchups between 2 ranked teams this weekend. So, all weeklong ESPN (and the rest of the national media) got caught up in the narrative that the last time this happened there were a lot of upsets. ESPN just loves pushing a narrative these days, so I am not at all surprised that this was a pro-Kentucky broadcast in terms of hoping for an upset. Probably why the network picked this game for the 7 pm slot in the first place. I get that. But, when the Gators pulled ahead, they resorted to just being critical and questioning Florida's ranking and pointing out deficiencies. With the chances for an upset out of the way, the Gators victory was suddenly just an entertaining game between two evenly ranked teams.

Thankfully, Butters and Muschump are no longer the coach.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@GatorsTrump: Uh oh! Looks like Boozing Brian Griese @briangriese has more “Off the Field Issues” than Feleipe Franks (a model citizen). Fake News @espn is so overwhelmed by Gator Derangement Syndrome that they slander an injured player with NO legal trouble! Pathetic! Broncos' Griese Nabbed For DUI

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
There were no matchups between 2 ranked teams this weekend. So, all weeklong ESPN (and the rest of the national media) got caught up in the narrative that the last time this happened there were a lot of upsets. ESPN just loves pushing a narrative these days, so I am not at all surprised that this was a pro-Kentucky broadcast in terms of hoping for an upset. Probably why the network picked this game for the 7 pm slot in the first place. I get that. But, when the Gators pulled ahead, they resorted to just being critical and questioning Florida's ranking and pointing out deficiencies. With the chances for an upset out of the way, the Gators victory was suddenly just an entertaining game between two evenly ranked teams.

Thankfully, Butters and Muschump are no longer the coach.

This and Amen...Can I get a better Amen?

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Toward the end of the first quarter imbecile Steve decided to treat us the listener to a math lesson . “Well Perine has 12 yards on 8 carries , so he’s averaging 1.2 yards per carry”. ****ing moron probably takes half an hour to brush his teeth in the morning .

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
CDM, Stricklin and Fuchs need to send a not so nicely worded letter to LSPN. At the minimum ban Griese from The Swamp ala ACC refs

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

If I'm not at the game or at a watch party with a bunch of Gators I always have Mick on instead, delay or no delay as he is much more preferable. But after re-watching the game after I DVR'ed it I have to say around the middle of the 2nd qtr I'd had enough and watch the rest on mute. Griese is insufferable. He always has been a complete jackass. And guess what, ESPN knows that.

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
And reading the link to Griese's "Walkback" I think I may throw up a little in my mouth but great reply Kirby. Well If it was actually Kirby.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
CDM, Stricklin and Fuchs need to send a not so nicely worded letter to LSPN. At the minimum ban Griese from The Swamp ala ACC refs
Nicely worded letter reminds me of a phrase from my crewmember days, "Screw you, strong message to follow." Of course some folks used saltier language but being and officer and I gentleman, I refrained.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
At least he was willing to address it, whether the real story or not...
What’s he supposed to say there? If he goes silent or owns it, everyone believes he's a douche. If he walks it back with some BS, everyone thinks he’s a douche that ESPN forced to apologize.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
What’s he supposed to say there? If he goes silent or owns it, everyone believes he's a douche. If he walks it back with some BS, everyone thinks he’s a douche that ESPN forced to apologize.
An apology would be best.

The walk back sounded like he didn't own it, much... better than nothing.

I can at least appreciate that he didn't take the "lol, fans always think the media hates THEIR team the most!" retort. I picture danni kunnell choosing that option if he was the one backpedaling.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I'd honestly take Beth Mowins and whoever her color guy is over Levy

Please, God, NO! on Beth over Levy.

On the Griese and his comments note. As one of the few posters here who has interacted with Franks in a non-football capacity, he is a class act. I've shared this before, but will again. His first week on campus he and his brother Jordan were looking for a pick up game (law was back, but undergrad wasn't so no one at the gym) and he ended up playing with some buddies, greeted them, introduced himself and his brother and drew rave reviews about his humbleness from my friends who weren't ever quick to compliment others like that (and later had the run in with Del Rio). A few months later, I played basketball with him and Jawaan Taylor and both were just cool guys looking to have some fun. DIdn't take advantage of all the smaller guys even though they could and were generally nice about everything.

Franks has done everything off the field you could ask of the player and despite the backtracking Griese did on Twitter earlier (after others started taking notice) it was a ridiculous comment. I think there are very few that would disagree that off the field Franks has done everything we could want out of a QB.

Back to commentary, anyone want a McElroy/Griese/Mowens team? Wouldn't that just be a delight?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Please, God, NO! on Beth over Levy.

On the Griese and his comments note. As one of the few posters here who has interacted with Franks in a non-football capacity, he is a class act. I've shared this before, but will again. His first week on campus he and his brother Jordan were looking for a pick up game (law was back, but undergrad wasn't so no one at the gym) and he ended up playing with some buddies, greeted them, introduced himself and his brother and drew rave reviews about his humbleness from my friends who weren't ever quick to compliment others like that (and later had the run in with Del Rio). A few months later, I played basketball with him and Jawaan Taylor and both were just cool guys looking to have some fun. DIdn't take advantage of all the smaller guys even though they could and were generally nice about everything.

Franks has done everything off the field you could ask of the player and despite the backtracking Griese did on Twitter earlier (after others started taking notice) it was a ridiculous comment. I think there are very few that would disagree that off the field Franks has done everything we could want out of a QB.

Back to commentary, anyone want a McElroy/Griese/Mowens team? Wouldn't that just be a delight?

McElroy and Kanell on Sirius 84 is like listening to two teenage girls talking. I’ve never heard the word “like” so much in my life. Absolutely brutal.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
McElroy and Kanell on Sirius 84 is like listening to two teenage girls talking. I’ve never heard the word “like” so much in my life. Absolutely brutal.

Those two do a show together? Do they do call ins? I'd like to call in and ask Kanell about how he feels about his wife fantasizing about Tebow and ask McElroy how it feels that ESPN dumped him from SEC Nation for Tebow...and collectively, which Tebow issue feels worse

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator