Brian Griese should be banned from future UF broadcasts

Politigator

L-boy's Cousin
BANNED
Oct 5, 2018

I'm indifferent on Brian Griese, he isn't the best out there, and it was a poor choice of words but I knew what he meant. Inevitably all of these color guys out there put foot in their mouth sooner or later. Broadcasting was their second professional and when asked to provide instant commentary for 3 hours eventually you will say something stupid.

I tire of the "the media hates my team" narrative that seems to exist in every college FB fan base in the nation. Just another victim hood phenomenon.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
F Griese. Out of all the years the worst one sided commentating crew I ever listened to.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
That fake deflection is complete :kiffin: He took a shot at a kid, and is now trying to pretend he was actually referring to Florida fans taking shots at the kid. Talk about gall. Don't piss on my shoes and tell me it's raining, azzhole. Dude can eat an entire wheelbarrow full of dcks. F him.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not one of these " fill in the blank hates our team" but... especially during the Muschamp and Mac days, and I posted as much, I grew weary of the "the left guard took his grandma to Disney for a dress like a princess day" or "the wide receiver built a tree house with his little brother" stories for all the other teams.

I recall very little of that with the Gators. The closet thing I can think if is Eddie's kicking back story which is unique and "Riley cooper is Tim tebows roommate."

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
There were no matchups between 2 ranked teams this weekend. So, all weeklong ESPN (and the rest of the national media) got caught up in the narrative that the last time this happened there were a lot of upsets. ESPN just loves pushing a narrative these days, so I am not at all surprised that this was a pro-Kentucky broadcast in terms of hoping for an upset. Probably why the network picked this game for the 7 pm slot in the first place. I get that. But, when the Gators pulled ahead, they resorted to just being critical and questioning Florida's ranking and pointing out deficiencies. With the chances for an upset out of the way, the Gators victory was suddenly just an entertaining game between two evenly ranked teams.

Thankfully, Butters and Muschump are no longer the coach.
Excellent post.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Please, God, NO! on Beth over Levy.

On the Griese and his comments note. As one of the few posters here who has interacted with Franks in a non-football capacity, he is a class act. I've shared this before, but will again. His first week on campus he and his brother Jordan were looking for a pick up game (law was back, but undergrad wasn't so no one at the gym) and he ended up playing with some buddies, greeted them, introduced himself and his brother and drew rave reviews about his humbleness from my friends who weren't ever quick to compliment others like that (and later had the run in with Del Rio). A few months later, I played basketball with him and Jawaan Taylor and both were just cool guys looking to have some fun. DIdn't take advantage of all the smaller guys even though they could and were generally nice about everything.

Franks has done everything off the field you could ask of the player and despite the backtracking Griese did on Twitter earlier (after others started taking notice) it was a ridiculous comment. I think there are very few that would disagree that off the field Franks has done everything we could want out of a QB.

Back to commentary, anyone want a McElroy/Griese/Mowens team? Wouldn't that just be a delight?
I’ve never met the guy, but there’s no way that many of your teammates like you personally if you are a douche. You spend that much time around each other and you know who’s cool and who’s not. While his on field antics got me to roll my eyes a few times, that’s about the worst thing I could say about the guy as a person. Overall I think the guy has had a rough time of it at UF with much of the criticism being unfair. He came to us a rough product who had some lousy coaching initially and then good coaching, but for a system that did not suit his skill set. Off the field (in interviews for instance) I think he has handled himself pretty OK. I hate like hell what happened to him and hope and pray he makes a full recovery . I’ll also admit that wherever life next takes Feleipe Franks, I’ll be rooting for him.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
images

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'm indifferent on Brian Griese, he isn't the best out there, and it was a poor choice of words but I knew what he meant. Inevitably all of these color guys out there put foot in their mouth sooner or later. Broadcasting was their second professional and when asked to provide instant commentary for 3 hours eventually you will say something stupid.

I tire of the "the media hates my team" narrative that seems to exist in every college FB fan base in the nation. Just another victim hood phenomenon.

Usually I am as well. And most national broadcasters haven't a clue about the local dynamic of most teams. But I've listened to Brian Griese over the years. He stands out as nothing more than a broadcast hack. As I was re-watching my DVR recording I didn't give him or his partner in the booth much thought. But around late 2nd quarter I began to realize just what these jackasses were saying. UK could absolutely do no wrong. Nothing was questioned while OTOH the Gators and the coaching staff was maligned every moment. I finally had to mute the broadcast because of the way they were presenting the game. One more thing....if you are going to stand in the broadcast and hurl stones like I've heard him do with other broadcasts you better be ready to have them hurled back at you for your "out of the booth" issues. Since the passing of Keith Jackson, who was the consummate ******* of all sports broadcasters, Griese seems to have taken up his torch without missing a beat....

Politigator

L-boy's Cousin
BANNED
Oct 5, 2018
Usually I am as well. And most national broadcasters haven't a clue about the local dynamic of most teams. But I've listened to Brian Griese over the years. He stands out as nothing more than a broadcast hack. As I was re-watching my DVR recording I didn't give him or his partner in the booth much thought. But around late 2nd quarter I began to realize just what these jackasses were saying. UK could absolutely do no wrong. Nothing was questioned while OTOH the Gators and the coaching staff was maligned every moment. I finally had to mute the broadcast because of the way they were presenting the game. One more thing....if you are going to stand in the broadcast and hurl stones like I've heard him do with other broadcasts you better be ready to have them hurled back at you for your "out of the booth" issues. Since the passing of Keith Jackson, who was the consummate ******* of all sports broadcasters, Griese seems to have taken up his torch without missing a beat....

When the gators are sucking up the field, as they were most of the game, I tend to not be offended by negative comments, as I feel the same way. I don't doubt BG is probably a Big 10 hack, but I just don't notice it as much. It isn't surprising to me that the Gators will get more criticism given our history as an upper tier program if we are struggling against lesser tier teams.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
When the gators are sucking up the field, as they were most of the game, I tend to not be offended by negative comments, as I feel the same way. I don't doubt BG is probably a Big 10 hack, but I just don't notice it as much. It isn't surprising to me that the Gators will get more criticism given our history as an upper tier program if we are struggling against lesser tier teams.

You've missed my point. All one has to do is listen to these jerks talk during the three targeting calls, interceptions, and or penalties. UK was seen as nothing more than game dynamics while he was pointing out Gator incompetence. Trust me I can be the Gators worst critic as an alumnus with a set of standards and expectations. But these guys took being asses to a new level.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014

Dude, I watch alot of CFB, not just the Gators. They hate the Gators and Griese is one of the worst and ESPN as a whole just dumps on us whenever they get the chance. Finebaum hated Urbs, doesn't care for SOS and hates the fan base and has pretty much stated such on his show. Your certainly entitled to your own assessment. I just see it alot differently I guess. BTW, check out the UT/UF game Saturday and I guarantee you the cheerleading for UT will be epic.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
The worse was when Davis picked of Sawyer Smith and almost took it to the house. Both guys were jerking each other off about how Smith hustled down field. Of course he would! Nothing about the pick and the change in momentum for UF.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Just wanted to know if someone had an address to send a get well note to FF. He left everything on the field for the sake of our Gators and deserved to know he is appreciated.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I said this in the box last night, but the Grieses have always hated Florida. And I’m not one of those people who b*tches that every announcer hates us because they show excitement when the other team makes a play.

Levy looked and sounded like Stanley Tucci in The Hunger Games

692fb5dbe363be9ec1e1a776cd5c795f.jpg

ShelbyGator

Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
That fake deflection is complete :kiffin: He took a shot at a kid, and is now trying to pretend he was actually referring to Florida fans taking shots at the kid. Talk about gall. Don't piss on my shoes and tell me it's raining, azzhole. Dude can eat an entire wheelbarrow full of dcks. F him.

Eawod? I like it. I'll run it by my brother who is the guru on such things for full acronym approval.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator