Brian Johnson Just Received a Promotion

BluH2OGtr

May 28, 2016
Brian Johnson was just named the new OC

So, not sure how I feel about this.....what am I saying....I freaking don't like it. Granted, Mullen will probably keep him on a short leash since he likes to call the plays, but UF isn't Houston.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Brian Johnson was just named the new OC

So, not sure how I feel about this.....what am I saying....I freaking don't like it. Granted, Mullen will probably keep him on a short leash since he likes to call the plays, but UF isn't Houston.

Figurehead O.C. just to get him a raise....a nothing burger....Mullets is a guru at attacking weaknesses....

Fred

Nov 27, 2017
The offense has significantly improved over the last two years and was on the right track. There's no way Mullen would just "fix something that wasn't broke". He caved to the BLM communist propaganda. This may allow him to "keep the the team" but I think he just "lost the coaches". The black people really need to take some self responsibility and educate themselves. If the communists do actually get control, history shows minorities will bear the brunt of the upcoming genocide that always follows a communist "revolution".

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
AlarmedInbornHippopotamus-small.gif

GatorKen714

May 24, 2018
The offense has significantly improved over the last two years and was on the right track. There's no way Mullen would just "fix something that wasn't broke". He caved to the BLM communist propaganda. This may allow him to "keep the the team" but I think he just "lost the coaches". The black people really need to take some self responsibility and educate themselves. If the communists do actually get control, history shows minorities will bear the brunt of the upcoming genocide that always follows a communist "revolution".

The media will be second in line for the gulag. Which is fair since they've been pimping the agenda...

This may lead to ox giving a finger "no no" for posting political bs.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The offense has significantly improved over the last two years and was on the right track..
Mullinz was quoted during the Clowntown games as being asked by a coach why we keep running all those plays that never work (option runs no doubt).

Maybe that was Johnson. The commentator wasnt clear.

What ever the fuchs we were doing most of the last two years sure as hell wasnt working.

I guess we've gotten to the point that some people think a 102nd ranked rushing offense is good enough bc at least we werent 115th like under Chimp and McElstain.

it's sad what level of terrible football we've come to accept.

Fred

Nov 27, 2017
Mullinz was quoted during the Clowntown games as being asked by a coach why we keep running all those plays that never work (option runs no doubt).

What ever the fuchs we were doing most of the last two years sure as hell wasnt working.

I guess we've gotten to the point that some people think a 102nd ranked rushing offense is good enough bc at least we werent 115th like under Chimp and McElstain.

Sigh... Oh my Donkerian brother... You present valid points concerning some of the offensive deficiencies. The Oline has a few issues last year but Mullen did compensate. Best passing game since the 2007 Tebow Heisman. But dem gators were starting to play some ball. Anyway, thank you for giving me your advice pro bono. My current lawyer charges $300 an hour to keep telling me I'm wrong.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

I actually read that at some point last year Brian Johnson said to Mullen, "this ain't working" (running the ball) and that's why they started passing more.

As for the "promotion", Johnson was on a conference call yesterday and was asked about it and he said nothing's really changed. Hevesy is now the "running game coordinator" and Gonzalez is the "passing game coordinator"....and I imagine all 4 will still 'call plays', but obviously it'll be mostly Mullen. I suppose Mullen may do what Spurrier did at some point - let somebody else call the bulk of the plays - but I'll believe that when I see it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. The Oline has a few issues last year but Mullen did compensate. .
J
F
C

He didnt COMPENSATE. He CAUSED it by running options plays 60% of the time with a pocket statue QB. His (and most people's) option leaves the DE unblocked. when the defensive end doesn't care about the threat of the QB keeping he has a free shot at the running back in the backfield.

It is as simple as that. PERIOD.

Did you not notice that the offensive line suddenly knew how to block when EJ was on the field?

He learned to compensate with a pocket passer quarterback in 2006. He ran a conventional running offense and eventually added a FB. he's already learned this. you should have already learned this.

As for your bill, and invoice will be on the way. Your wife was kind enough to negotiate a discount. :)

Welcome back!

Last edited:

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
My current lawyer charges $300 an hour to keep telling me I'm wrong.

The State pays me a lot less per hour for the clients to tell me I’m wrong and that the Judge said they need me because I would get the charges dismissed despite them being caught on camera...lol

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Gator Fever swears all the cases get dropped now because of cameras.

I mean there are a lot that do, but there are plenty where the camera screws you. Personally, I’m a fan of cameras because it makes the job easier both ways and does keep the cops in check.

But the O-line last year was bad. Yes, running option plays with Trask was stupid. Of course Emory being able to run helped. Yes, there are designed runs without the option that failed. Yes, averaging 1 yard before contact through a season is bad. However, for as much bellyaching that goes on about the passing game for the last decade, I can’t whine about averaging 300 yards per game. Your o line shouldn’t need an option QB to get 3rd and 1 consistently. Etc., etc., etc.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
The State pays me a lot less per hour for the clients to tell me I’m wrong and that the Judge said they need me because I would get the charges dismissed despite them being caught on camera...lol
So you admit you're a lousy listener! :lol:

Fred

Nov 27, 2017
J
F
C

He didnt COMPENSATE. He CAUSED it by running options plays 60% of the time with a pocket statue QB. His (and most people's) option leaves the DE unblocked. when the defensive end doesn't care about the threat of the QB keeping he has a free shot at the running back in the backfield.

It is as simple as that. PERIOD.

Did you not notice that the offensive line suddenly knew how to block when EJ was on the field?

He learned to compensate with a pocket passer quarterback in 2006. He ran a conventional running offense and eventually added a FB. he's already learned this. you should have already learned this.

As for your bill, and invoice will be on the way. Your wife was kind enough to negotiate a discount. :)

Welcome back!

My wife is my "sweet tribulations". Be careful with her, she's hung like a tatanka.

Now as for you, my sweet donkalations, I believe the delta in results to which you are referring was caused by the body-type and skill sets of the current oline personnel for which EJ was a better fit than Trask. EJ allowed the oline to be more aggressive mostly because he was running a very limited number of plays. Basically the online didn't have to think as much and were able to just attack the dline.

I do not know why Mullen chose to go with EJ over Trask. Could it be because Trask had a greater understanding of the playbook which enabled Mullen more diversity in play calling? The end results for the year are kind of hard to argue as a negative.

Also the "option play" isn't exactly the same application as it was for Nebraska in the 90's.

And I'd prefer that you display a more professional and reserved attitude in my court counselor. Otherwise I'll need to file a motion ex parte to have you slogging pro se on my dongalation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator