Brian Johnson Just Received a Promotion

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
Could it be that we are going to successfully use the pass to set up the run for the first time in over 20 years? I put the question to you Fellow Chatterers: Are we, in fact, with this offense, preparing to party like it’s 1995?

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Could it be that we are going to successfully use the pass to set up the run for the first time in over 20 years? I put the question to you Fellow Chatterers: Are we, in fact, with this offense, preparing to party like it’s 1995?
I'd strongly prefer to party like it's 1996.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
This is from another thread

THIS IS SPECTACULAR NEWS!!!!!!!!

The new playbook maybe IS here to stay, not just a blip. Johnson REALLY is at least greatly affecting the playcalling.

:pumper::pumper::pumper::pumper::pumper:
It has me feeling all tingly.

:stars::stars::stars:

I never thought Mullinz would adapt, or give up playcalling. He has been so fuchsing stubborn. 25 games is too long but still!!!!!

Just the ole copy/paste for posterity sake.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't see the game on TV. Do we know who actually called plays?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I hoping that this is a trend and not a one game exception. We have had a lot of one game exceptions the last 20 years, so I'm optimistic, but very hesitant to be too optimistic.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
I hoping that this is a trend and not a one game exception. We have had a lot of one game exceptions the last 20 years, so I'm optimistic, but very hesitant to be too optimistic.

Why would it be? Its a continuation of the second half of the 2019 season. The only thing that will be different is the quality of the defense. Will see this saturday how they test out against Chump's D.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Why would it be? Its a continuation of the second half of the 2019 season. The only thing that will be different is the quality of the defense. Will see this saturday how they test out against Chump's D.

That is the reason that we ran so much in the bowl game and kept running the option fakes against FSU. The game plan against Ole Miss was like nothing we saw last season. We were more pass heavy the last half of last season, but when even the head coach is talking about a change in game plan it further shows they are trying something different.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
That is the reason that we ran so much in the bowl game and kept running the option fakes against FSU. The game plan against Ole Miss was like nothing we saw last season. We were more pass heavy the last half of last season, but when even the head coach is talking about a change in game plan it further shows they are trying something different.

The reason was because our run game was abysmal and it was practice against cupcakes (fsu/ virginia) in games that didn't matter.

Fred

Nov 27, 2017
I happily and hopefully admit that I may have been wrong concerning the reasons Mullen promoted Johnson. It just seemed weird to make such a move right before the start of the season in a year like 2020. Also, I don't trust or like commies. As our great leader Abraham Lincoln demonstrated, we should all work to protect our black brothers from the leftist propaganda and attempts to re-enslave.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The reason was because our run game was abysmal and it was practice against cupcakes (fsu/ virginia) in games that didn't matter.

images

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This change in Mullen allowing a pass oriented OC to call the play makes me happy as a donkey.
This is from another thread

THIS IS SPECTACULAR NEWS!!!!!!!!

The new playbook maybe IS here to stay, not just a blip. Johnson REALLY is at least greatly affecting the playcalling.

It has me feeling all tingly.

:stars::stars::stars:

I never thought Mullinz would adapt, or give up playcalling. He has been so fuchsing stubborn. 25 games is too long but still!!!!!

Somebody's excited.....and I don't think it's just the bikinis.

1507422232879807.gif

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The reality is that passing the ball or running the ball isn’t really the goal. To me the goal is an offense that can do either depending on what the defense is giving you, rather than run into the teeth of the defense on every play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator