Britain's loneliest dog rejected 18,000 times

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/britains-loneliest-dog-poor-pooch-8045808

Freya, a Staffordshire bull terrier cross, was taken in by the kennels as a six-month-old stray, and staff fear she'll spend her entire life there.

Freya, a Staffordshire bull terrier cross, was taken in by the kennels as a six-month-old stray, and staff fear she'll spend her entire life there.A poor pooch has been dubbed Britain's loneliest dog after being rejected by more than 18,000 potential owners in just six years. Freya, a six-year-old Staffordshire bull terrier cross, was taken in by Freshfields Animal Rescue in Liverpool as a six-month-old stray. Staff are baffled as to why she is constantly overlooked by visitors.

And carers are now worried the "sweet" and "friendly" dog's chances of finding her forever home are dwindling after she was diagnosed with epilepsy.Freya has her own Facebook page with more than 700 friends, yet not one of the rescue centre's 18,720 visitors over the last six years have given her a home. Freya the Staffordshire bull terrier cross has been rejected by more than 18,000 visitors. Deputy kennel manager at Freshfields, Kate Jones, 35, said: "Freya was brought into the rescue as a young stray but nobody came forward to claim her. "She has been here many years and is constantly overlooked, which breaks our hearts as we adore her. We do not understand why she has been overlooked."Every year we update her age on the website and it absolutely breaks our hearts to see her getting older and has never had a home."She is a beautiful girl, so loving and friendly. She is our big baby."

Freya is looking for an adult-only home where she is the only pet - and needs someone with patience while she adapts to being in a home for the very first time. Kate said: "She loves a fuss and getting her belly tickled. Her bursts of love when she sees someone is just pure excitement as she loves people so much."Once she has calmed down she loves getting her tummy tickled and will happily lie next to you getting fussed for as long as you will stroke her for."

PAY-Lonely-Dog.jpg

PAY-Lonely-Dog.jpg

Staff at the kennels say Freya is their "big baby" and "beautiful girl"
"She needs a calm, patient owner that will put in the time and commitment to get to know her at the rescue and help her make the transition to home life."Freya has so much potential, she just needs someone to give her that chance. "She may take a few weeks to settle and calm down, but that is understandable after her poor start to life. "We are sure that she will make the most wonderful friend if only someone will give her the chance she so desperately needs and deserves." Freya, a Staffordshire bull terrier cross, was taken in by the kennels as a six-month-old stray, and staff fear she'll spend her entire life there.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The politics of bulldogs

Sounds like a sad story there but some things in that article make me think this dog is not very tractable around other dogs/animals and maybe its when they explain what home environment the dog needs and why is when the rejection starts. Well at least maybe they are letting the people know ahead of time because an old girlfriend of mine adopted a cat years ago and the pound didn't tell her anything about it basically and for some reason that day at the pound the cat acted friendly and normal but right when she got the cat home this is basically what she got with some nasty scratches before the cat made a beeline for its stray life once again.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Freya, a Staffordshire bull terrier cross, was taken in by the kennels as a six-month-old stray, and staff fear she'll spend her entire life there.

Freya, a Staffordshire bull terrier cross, was taken in by the kennels as a six-month-old stray, and staff fear she'll spend her entire life there.A poor pooch has been dubbed Britain's loneliest dog after being rejected by more than 18,000 potential owners in just six years. Freya, a six-year-old Staffordshire bull terrier cross, was taken in by Freshfields Animal Rescue in Liverpool as a six-month-old stray. Staff are baffled as to why she is constantly overlooked by visitors.

And carers are now worried the "sweet" and "friendly" dog's chances of finding her forever home are dwindling after she was diagnosed with epilepsy.Freya has her own Facebook page with more than 700 friends, yet not one of the rescue centre's 18,720 visitors over the last six years have given her a home. Freya the Staffordshire bull terrier cross has been rejected by more than 18,000 visitors. Deputy kennel manager at Freshfields, Kate Jones, 35, said: "Freya was brought into the rescue as a young stray but nobody came forward to claim her. "She has been here many years and is constantly overlooked, which breaks our hearts as we adore her. We do not understand why she has been overlooked."Every year we update her age on the website and it absolutely breaks our hearts to see her getting older and has never had a home."She is a beautiful girl, so loving and friendly. She is our big baby."

Freya is looking for an adult-only home where she is the only pet - and needs someone with patience while she adapts to being in a home for the very first time. Kate said: "She loves a fuss and getting her belly tickled. Her bursts of love when she sees someone is just pure excitement as she loves people so much."Once she has calmed down she loves getting her tummy tickled and will happily lie next to you getting fussed for as long as you will stroke her for."

PAY-Lonely-Dog.jpg

PAY-Lonely-Dog.jpg

"She needs a calm, patient owner that will put in the time and commitment to get to know her at the rescue and help her make the transition to home life."Freya has so much potential, she just needs someone to give her that chance. "She may take a few weeks to settle and calm down, but that is understandable after her poor start to life. "We are sure that she will make the most wonderful friend if only someone will give her the chance she so desperately needs and deserves." Freya, a Staffordshire bull terrier cross, was taken in by the kennels as a six-month-old stray, and staff fear she'll spend her entire life there.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The politics of bulldogs

Sounds like a sad story there but some things in that article make me think this dog is not very tractable around other dogs/animals and maybe its when they explain what home environment the dog needs and why is when the rejection starts. Well at least maybe they are letting the people know ahead of time because an old girlfriend of mine adopted a cat years ago and the pound didn't tell her anything about it basically and for some reason that day at the pound the cat acted friendly and normal but right when she got the cat home this is basically what she got with some nasty scratches before the cat made a beeline for its stray life once again.

Someone owes me some money for displaying my wife....the cat...

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I thought this thread was about L-Boy trying to get a date to the prom???

Alex.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014

PAY-Lonely-Dog.jpg

PAY-Lonely-Dog.jpg

The politics of bulldogs

Kinda sad, and I'm all for a variety of subjects in here, but not sure what the point of the thread is, unless to get the whole stupid pit bull pissing contest going again (which I don't take a particular stand on either way). Pretty much a given that we euthanize a lot of animals that there is not a damn thing wrong with. It is disgraceful how we treat our pets.

Decades ago we had a German Shepherd with epilepsy. We dealt with it a while, but eventually had to put her down as it got worse.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Kinda sad, and I'm all for a variety of subjects in here, but not sure what the point of the thread is, unless to get the whole stupid pit bull pissing contest going again (which I don't take a particular stand on either way). Pretty much a given that we euthanize a lot of animals that there is not a damn thing wrong with. It is disgraceful how we treat our pets.

Decades ago we had a German Shepherd with epilepsy. We dealt with it a while, but eventually had to put her down as it got worse.

We'll Staff Bulls aren't usually pointed out as much because they are smaller and a lot less of them in the US but they are even feistier than many American Pits.

Sorry about your dog.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Has Peta offered to put her out of her misery yet?

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have a pit mix as one of my pack and she is the sweetest thing. I'd adopt this dog in a heartbeat if I could. Bullies are among my favorite breeds. They are such sweet dogs, yet so powerful and beautiful.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
We had the fire alarms go off at my apt bldg last night. While we stood around outside, I met one of my neighbors - his name is Ace and he's three months old.

870ba776ba5f36386d4ca0a73b1e48bb.jpg

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
My wife and I have seven dogs. They are family. We lost our first dog to a coyote and my closest brother to a heart attack at the age of 53. The gut-wrenching grief for both events was equally intense and real. Anyone who has loved, cared for and lost a dog understands.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
My wife and I have seven dogs. They are family. We lost our first dog to a coyote and my closest brother to a heart attack at the age of 53. The gut-wrenching grief for both events was equally intense and real. Anyone who has loved, cared for and lost a dog understands.

We had to put our Weimaraner down last year after 14 years. I could not have predicted how much that would hurt.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
We had to put our Weimaraner down last year after 14 years. I could not have predicted how much that would hurt.

Beautiful dogs, Weimaraners. My belated condolences to you and all that loved him/her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.