Broncos waive Jeff Driskel; signs $2.5 million deal with Texans

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I know the mysteries of the NFL are incomprehensible, but if it were me and I were investing the money, I'd probably hold out for somebody that gave my team at least a hint of the slightest chance of winning if they had to play.

You don’t watch the nfl do you? There are very few backups in the No Fun League that can actually do that. Part of the problem is that many nfl starters also run the scout team. So, the backups have less to do than punters or kickers. It varies from team to team of course.

Gatorup!

Nov 14, 2016
Jeff Driskel continues his NFL career:

"The Denver Broncos agreed to terms on a two-year contract with former Cincinnati Bengals and Detroit Lions backup quarterback Jeff Driskel on Tuesday evening. Thanks to KUSA-TV’s Mike Klis, we now know how much that deal is worth.

The contract is worth $5 million and includes a $1.5 million signing bonus, according to Klis. His $1 million salary this season is fully guaranteed.

His signing bonus will be prorated over two years so his salary cap hit this season will be $1.75 million."

Not bad, not bad at all.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Good for Jeff. Best job in the NFL besides punter.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If he had not transferred away from UF's toxic coaches, he would be out $millions. Players' futures should not be destroyed by stupid AD's or coaches.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
But can he hit a home run in spring training?

Demi-Leigh-Nel-Peters-Tim-Tebow-Girlfriend-Wiki-Height-Bio-Age-Net-worth-Affairs.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Last edited:

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
So many kids dream of being where Driskel is now. I can’t be anything other excited for him. I’d love to see him hang around for awhile and make the money.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
He actually had a chance to pull it out there at the end but the safety came free and that was all she wrote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.