Broncos waive Jeff Driskel; signs $2.5 million deal with Texans

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
And seven sacks. At least he managed only one turnover. That is an improvement.

The modern day Jeff George, big arm, walnut sized brain.

1-8. He may set a record.

NFL Quarterback Win/Loss Records | The Football Database

Bengals used him to get the first pick in the draft. Maybe Denver wants Trevor Lawrence.
He's a backup. He came off the bench and played well under those circumstances. He's making $2,500,000 a year right now. I think he's laughing at your dumb ass.

Jeff Driskel.

He plays well enough that he'll be able to make a lot of money as a backup for the next decade. It's an awesome job.

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
He actually had a chance to pull it out there at the end but the safety came free and that was all she wrote.
Good for "Ears". Backup quarterback is the best job in the NFL, except when you
are actually called upon to come in and play.

00Z0Z_xf9NLYkBqS_06s05J_600x450.jpg

Last edited:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He's a backup. He came off the bench and played well under those circumstances. He's making $2,500,000 a year right now. I think he's laughing at your dumb ass.

Jeff Driskel.

He plays well enough that he'll be able to make a lot of money as a backup for the next decade. It's an awesome job.
He's not laughing at Donkey. He's blissfully unaware of even the mere presence of Donkey.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Why do we care about a Bulldog?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Again, he's making 2.5 million a year. If that's being a loser, I want in on loserhood.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Loser means losing.

Like he did today.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He's making $2.5 million a year to hold a clipboard.
Apparently finishing last and getting Burrow or Lawrence is worth it.

It would seem like you could pay less and get a QB who guarantees a loss.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yup. That and 5 million richer. If only my job worked this way...
6-4 and dumb with a big arm is like magic, the Jeff George factor. You lose, and get cut, but desperate teams need help and are willing to take a risk. Maybe they can "fix" your stupid.

Franks will be the same.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
6-4 and dumb with a big arm is like magic. The Jeff George factor. You lose, and get cut, but desperate teams need help and are willing to take a risk. Maybe they can "fix" your stupid.

Franks will be the same.
No one is "risking" anything - he's a BACKUP QB. You keep acting like he was given a $100 million dollar deal to be a franchise quarterback. Giving that kind of money for a loser is what the Lions did with Matt Fattford.

Dude, we know what this is really about. You never thought Driskel would even sniff an NFL roster, instead he's proven to be serviceable enough to stick around the league a long time. You can't admit when you were wrong. Hell, you still bag on Trask just because you still so desperately want to be right about him being awful.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Dude, we know what this is really about. You never thought Driskel would even sniff an NFL roster, instead he's proven to be serviceable enough to stick around the league a long time. You can't admit when you were wrong. Hell, you still bag on Trask just because you still so desperately want to be right about him being awful.
This.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
No one is "risking" anything - he's a BACKUP QB. You keep acting like he was given a $100 million dollar deal to be a franchise quarterback. Giving that kind of money for a loser is what the Lions did with Matt Fattford.

:burn:

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

:snicker2:

fasonfan

Jesus Saves
Nov 1, 2017
I've been a driskel pumper since day one. Way back at gatorsports forum I was always for him. Something on my stomach didn't sit right seeing him benched for a bunch of losers. The camera showing him on sidelines on the bench made me sick. It was bad coaching and the wide receivers were soft they couldn't catch his hard passes

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Driskel has all the physical attributes to be an NFL quarterback, he doesn't have the NFL mind to be a NFL starter. But plenty of dudes that were missing attributes have made long careers in the 2 and 3rd qb spots on rosters. The Broncos is the best organization that he has been apart of, even though I think Elway is a questionable GM at best.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I also didn't think Driskel would ever be an NFL QB, but he has proven me wrong. If a guy can come off the bench and throw 256 yards and 2 TD's, that's a more than serviceable backup. There are a LOT of really bad backups in the NFL who can barely tie their shoes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.