Bruins Reach .500 with Almost UF Coach Kelly

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
I'm I the only one of this thread that thinks canning Fat head Todd and hiring WM as DC is a win for our defense and recruiting?

Someone PM Alcoholica and tell him not to read this post. His head might explode.
I don't want that piece of schit anywhere near Florida footbal.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
The guy SOS almost hired in 90s? Is he still alive?
I know Urbs tried to hire him, but Spurrier? I think you may be misremembering. Foster btw, is 61. In an interview I read once he claimed Richt tried to hire him in 2010 maybe (Foster declined and recommended Fat Todd!) and I think Sumlin tried at some point at aTm. I can't help but wonder if him leaving Va Tech had anything to do with Fuentes. I'd love to see what Foster could do with the kind of talent he could get at UF. They did not get a lot of blue chippers in Blacksburg.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I know Urbs tried to hire him, but Spurrier? I think you may be misremembering. Foster btw, is 61. In an interview I read once he claimed Richt tried to hire him in 2010 maybe (Foster declined and recommended Fat Todd!) and I think Sumlin tried at some point at aTm. I can't help but wonder if him leaving Va Tech had anything to do with Fuentes. I'd love to see what Foster could do with the kind of talent he could get at UF. They did not get a lot of blue chippers in Blacksburg.
I can't believe I'm saying this, but donkey is right. Ugh, threw up in my mouth a little...

SOS wanted Foster, but he waffled and the HBC didnt waste more time and unfortunately hired hoke. SOS doesn't want anybody who's less than 100% interested in being a Gator.

BTW, if Foster jumped at the offer, I believe we likely win the 2001 SEC and MNC (dare I say undefeated) because our D would've had a competent and aggressive DC to complement Rex & the O.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Donk is correct, Spurrier offered the job to Foster and he declined which I thought was a stupid decision for Foster.
I think Foster thought he was going to be the Hokies head coach soon and wanted to stick around

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Donk is correct, Spurrier offered the job to Foster and he declined which I thought was a stupid decision for Foster.
I think Foster thought he was going to be the Hokies head coach soon and wanted to stick around
I stand corrected. Apparently SOS tried twice; once at UF and once at USCe.

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrCwHXer7Jf6xEAxAIPxQt.;_ylu=Y29sbwNiZjEEcG9zAzUEdnRpZAMEc2VjA3Ny/RV=2/RE=1605574751/RO=10/RU=https://roanoke.com/sports/college/va_tech/bud-foster-looks-back-at-his-life-and-virginia-tech-career/article_dab44932-812c-5428-8c7f-787808ce7828.html/RK=2/RS=PKMvSmfJMregheglbYSkFJpO62k-

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
He'd come now. Fuentes ran him off much like the male lion that takes over the pride kills off all the off spring of the former. And Tech alums are PISSED!! Dude believes in pressure.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Gregg Mattison should be available real soon if not already.

EDIT: Nevermind. Didn't realize OSU gobbled him up from the meatchickens last year. Wow ... Harbaugh is a moron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.