Buckeyes crushed by Purdue, 49-20

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I have to tip my hat to Purdue for an excellent game plan--I was mesmerized watching that game last night. The fake FG was awesome to watch, not to mention the defensive scheme the DC set up. They owned the Bucknuts last night in epic fashion. And Purdue's RB....think his name was Knox....that little scooterbug was something to watch.

One of the most enjoyable games I've watched in a long, long time. Kept thinking Ohio St would find a way to comeback but Purdue never let up. Great, great game. Couldn't happen to a bigger bunch of pricks.:yes:

Last edited:

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Pizza time!

Thought purdue called and executed a great game. Players undersized but fast, played with discipline and emotion. Not the bs penalties that some teams incur. Even on what was probably the biggest td of a young career, the back simply hands the ball to the ref.

What a game!

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
There was a reason Jeff Brohm got so many calls after his first year at Purdue, yet he was able to say no. Now in his second year and even after a slow start, this may be the game that causes numerous AD's to throw large #'s his way and make it difficult for him to say No this time around.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There was a reason Jeff Brohm got so many calls after his first year at Purdue, yet he was able to say no. Now in his second year and even after a slow start, this may be the game that causes numerous AD's to throw large #'s his way and make it difficult for him to say No this time around.
I dont know.

He may be one of the most talented offensive coaches out there, IMO probably the best gunslinger, but he is also a bit like a young Spurrier in that he doesnt always produce a solid defense. Im also not sure that he is much of a recruiter.

One of my favorite young coaches, no doubt, but I dont think he is a sure thing by any means.

Going to Purdue ensured he had quite a few losses in his future. It was an odd move. what is the ceiling at Purdue? I don't think they can ever catch up with Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State. It isn't Mandy but it's still a second or third-tier at best school.

Not sure why he didnt wait one more year. With him killing it at WKU, he would have been offered one of the big boy programs.

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I dont know.

He may be one of the most talented offensive coaches out there, IMO probably the best gunslinger, but he is also a bit like a young Spurrier in that he doesnt always produce a solid defense. Im also not sure that he is much of a recruiter.

One of my favorite young coaches, no doubt, but I dont think he is a sure thing by any means.

Going to Purdue ensured he had quite a few losses in his future. It was an odd move. what is the ceiling at Purdue? I don't think they can ever catch up with Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State. It isn't Mandy but it's still a second or third-tier at best school.

Not sure why he didnt wait one more year. With him killing it at WKU, he would have been offered one of the big boy programs.

I agree with part of your view, such as Brohm may not care about total football (i.e. Spurrier) b/c he is a Petrino disciple, but I think he is more stable than Petrino. I understand your thought of staying at WKU another year, but I disagree that killing it at that level will lead to a big time job. For example, look at the guy at Minnesota, the guy at Iowa State, etc. They were doing a great job at their schools in the MAC and yet they took doldrum jobs in a Power 5 conference b/c they viewed that as their way to a bigger job in the Power 5. Yes you are not going to win the trophy at those schools, but a good AD/ Prez will see beyond the final numbers and be able to pluck those guys. I am not saying that one game a career makes, but Brohm is doing something right, Campbell is doing something right. It seems the route to the monster jobs might be to be the lead asst. at that big time school. The big boys are not going to hire the good coach in the MAC, etc. unless they have ties to that said school. If any big time jobs do open this year, I expect to hear Brohm and Campbell's names mentioned again even tho they are not "killing" it per se.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Urban wouldnt have left Utah to go to Purdue or Minnesota.

Part of his success is putting himself in a position to succeed.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
IMG00365-20110506-1943.jpg

Urbs' Uber

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Has anybody checked on Ox?

Hope he’s doing ok.
Can you give me a single reason why I shouldn't banish you to Swamp Gas for life?

I chose Purdue in Pick 'Em. I was pleased.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I meant us and Bama. :grin:

Provided Bama eats the bad shrimp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads