Buckeyes crushed by Purdue, 49-20

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
He didn't leave a dumpster fire, not even close. We were absolutely loaded with talent and his last class was #1 in the nation. makes the right hire, we don't have a decade of misery. Muschamp won a bunch of games completely with the ridiculous defensive talent that was left.

You want a real dumpster fire? MAC left a dumpster fire.

I guess its perceptions at what we both think are dumpster fires. I look at his year in limbo, leaving our program in a state of confusion and flenching, while we field a team that can't even snap a ball with all that talent is what I am referring too. I imagine it would be very similar to watching the Titanic, in all its greatness, get chumped by an iceberg. Addazzio was clueless and lost, assistants were in dissarray, while the out of control 5* loaded talent ran amuck. Yeah, on paper ... loaded. Reality ... dumpster fire. Thanks Foley ... and F U Meyer.

Yeah, I really like Muschamp. I really thought he could have done something and he almost did. But between his inability to not be so thickheaded as well as Foley handcuffing him with Charlie Cheeseburger ... and oh yeah, wasn't there a skeleton roaming around the stadium on official business ... the dumpster fire hole that was created the previous year was a bit too much for him to handle. But good lawdy, Muschamp could recruit and coach up a defense. It is mind boggling how we couldn't get in the game with the defenses he fielded ... which further highlights the residual effect that the offense felt through his coaching tenure and butters.

Mac ... I dont think anyone will ever remember anything favorable about him.

But thats my memory .. and dumpster fire seems to come to mind. Maybe that is because everyone kinda used that label during the time it was happening. I dont know about you, but its been pretty miserable for 10 years. But could we finally be coming out of it?????

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He didn't leave a dumpster fire, not even close. We were absolutely loaded with talent and his last class was #1 in the nation. Foley makes the right hire, we don't have a decade of misery. Muschamp won a bunch of games completely with the ridiculous defensive talent that was left.

You want a real dumpster fire? MAC left a dumpster fire.
How many OL did we have? How many 180+ RB? 5’10”+ receivers?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I really like Muschamp. I really thought he could have done something and he almost did. But between his inability to not be so thickheaded as well as Foley handcuffing him with Charlie Cheeseburger ... and oh yeah, wasn't there a skeleton roaming around the stadium on official business ... the dumpster fire hole that was created the previous year was a bit too much for him to handle. But good lawdy, Muschamp could recruit and coach up a defense. It is mind boggling how we couldn't get in the game with the defenses he fielded ... which further highlights the residual effect that the offense felt through his coaching tenure and butters.
:harvey2:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Good Lord you are hammered. Meyer had an undefeated season under his belt before he even took the UF job, and that Utah team certainly wasn't a gift wrapped box of goodies. Sober up.

I doubt you had such hate when he was our coach. Quit being such a jilted lover.

Small world in that Utah went 12-0 in 2008 season. They played Bama in the 2009 Sugar Bowl and beat Saban 31-17. Utah's QB threw for 356 yards and his name was Brian Johnson, Gators' current QB coach. So perhaps Saban won't awe these Gators if we face them?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Enough to be significantly better than we were under Muschamp.
So you're denying that our offensive downturn didn't begin with Meyer? Look at our 2010 results and that is what you would have gotten in 2011 even if Meyer had stayed another year and HE knew it....His talent is what it was and we saw the result of bad OL, WR, QB and RB recruiting for the next 2 years despite Muschamp's idiocy.....Nobody could have done much with those craps. He saw the writing on the wall and quit and now Harbaugh's about to make him feel the same along with all the disgrace he's brought upon himself and OSU.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He saw the writing on the wall and quit and now Harbaugh's about to make him feel the same along with all the disgrace he's brought upon himself and OSU.
If OSU beats Michigan you'll get a lifetime ban. Better hope you're right.

And BTW, if Cam Newton wouldn't have been such an idiot we would have won ANOTHER national championship under Meyer.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

giphy.gif

Its all good. My opinion and recollection of a time that I am sure we all agree on that has hopefully passed.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I really like Muschamp.

as well as Foley handcuffing him with Charlie Cheeseburger ...
Lol.... Cheeeseburger was our best OC of the decade until Mullinz came back. He certainly hads more yards and scored more points than Chimpball or Butterball, as sad as that is?

Btw Chimp almost did something? Almost scored a td vs Ugly? Almost finished second in the SEC East once. Almost won every game by a FG. Almost remembered to recruit offense, DTs and LBs? What the hell did Chimp ALMOST do?

Last edited:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Lol.... Cheeeseburger was our best OC of the decade until Mullinz came back. He certainly hads more yards and scored more points than Chimpball.

Btw Chimp almost did something? Almost scored a td vs Ugly? Almost finished second in the SEC East once. Almost won every game by a FG. Almost remembered to recruit offense, DTs and LBs? What the hell did Chimp ALMOST do?

Was Cheeseburger our best OC of the decade? He kinda seemed like a fat lazy slob to me. But, I don't really want to disagree with you because I personally don't think he really stuck around enough to prove it. Heck, had Butters just stayed 6 games we might have thought the same of him. Point is, there was obvious friction between him and Mushchamp. Foley forced a staff on a coach basically and that is trying be too cute as a AD. That was my point. I could care less about the merits of FatsoForgotSoWeiss but you continue to polish his statue that stands outside BHG. You should marry him.

Chump almost did do something ... but, too bad he was way too hard headed to F it up over and over. Glad he is gone and not running our offensive mindset further into the hole that Meyer dug (which was my original point that everyone kinda ignored because they snowflaked triggered off the "I really like Mushchamp" part). Any other team had the Defenses he put on the field and they make the NC game easily. That is how bad he screwed up the offense. That point was ... while Meyer was an incredible ride, there was also a very dark part of Meyer's tenure that he also deserves credit for.

And by the way ... I am just glad that I made you say Mullinz (even though you spelled it like a 10 year old boy having to say what they dont want to say because an adult is making you) is the best OC we had in a decade ... which was Mullen before.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I blame Foley more than I blame Meyer.
When Meyer had his "issues" Foley should have seen what was coming (that's his f'ng job). After Spurrier left us suddenly, Foley should always have had a list of coaches on speed dial. Fool me once.... He should have cut bait then, or given Meyer a year but been searching for a successor. He did neither. F if I know what was going on in Meyer's head but the responsibility was Foley's to fix it.
Chump inherited not only a loaded team but one helluva a championship pedigree. In a little over three years he turned us into a laughing stock.
F Foley.
F Chump.
oh and most of all
F Georgia

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014

And BTW, if Cam Newton wouldn't have been such an idiot we would have won ANOTHER national championship under Meyer.
Wrong, wrong and wrong....Cam was a criminal and Urchin recruited him.....he would have struggled MIGHTILY behind a horrendous offensive line(hard to get a play off when the snap is 20 feet over your head 10-15 times a game, remember that;)). and with a couple of future DB's trying to play WR. Auburn had true NFL talent around Cam that particular year(2010)…..we didn't.

If you want a side bet then tell me what I get if Harbaugh spanks that a$$?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
(hard to get a play off when the snap is 20 feet over your head 10-15 times a game, remember that;)).
You mean from the NFL All-Pro center? :rolleyes3:
Auburn had true NFL talent around Cam that particular year(2010)…..we didn't.
We had just as much talent as Auburn, and significantly more on defense. You keep spreading this total myth that we had no talent when Meyer quit.

Meyer gave Foley a heads up that he had a year to find his replacement. We got the Chimp.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
You mean from the NFL All-Pro center? :rolleyes3:

We had just as much talent as Auburn, and significantly more on defense. You keep spreading this total myth that we had no talent when Meyer quit.

Meyer gave Foley a heads up that he had a year to find his replacement. We got the Chimp.
Not in 2010 Buddy....our defense sucked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb