Bucs ride 43-year-old Tom Brady to Super Bowl LV on own home field

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Meh. Jimmy G had a lot of success when brady was sidelined. Cam has lots of ability, but has either less brains or still too much immaturity. Brady was a key piece, no doubt, but not irreplaceable. I think NE has other missing pieces this year as well.

Still a funny meme, just because Bill is such a curmudgeon.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Bucs vs Chiefs in the SB. Brady can't throw 3 picks and still win that one, so he better be ready.

I heard the commentator mention the bills stayed in the locker room for the national anthem. Glad they lost.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Eagles fans, over 40 years, have had to watch either NFCE rivals or Pittsburgh(“yinzers”, you may know the type) win the Super Bowl 15 times. Now it’s likely back to back for a former head coach. Brutal.

So congrats Bucs and Chiefs fans(Bart, I think). Both have great QBs who lead the right way.

Last edited:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Two weird calls by LaFleur. The decision to go for two earlier in the half and the decision to kick a FG trailing by eight with two minutes remaining.

Rodgers twice had a chance to tuck it and run on that final drive and he didn’t. He would’ve made in on the 3rd down play, but didn’t have it in him to go for it. Easy to see why he only has 1 ring.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Rodgers twice had a chance to tuck it and run on that final drive and he didn’t. He would’ve made in on the 3rd down play, but didn’t have it in him to go for it. Easy to see why he only has 1 ring.
He had nothing but daylight to run it twice. The 2nd time was even more open than @t-gator ’s Mom.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Hey, but his commercials sure are funny.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Meh. Jimmy G had a lot of success when brady was sidelined. Cam has lots of ability, but has either less brains or still too much immaturity. Brady was a key piece, no doubt, but not irreplaceable. I think NE has other missing pieces this year as well.

Still a funny meme, just because Bill is such a curmudgeon.

The Patriots have been up against the cap the last 3 year, next year. they will have the second most money under the cap.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I deserve that and more......... Throwing 3 interceptions should earn you a loss in a playoff game but the Buc's showed amazing resolve and determination, the Brady affect!

Go Buc's!

Two of his INTs were basically punts. They were third and long, he was under pressure, and so he tried for something deep. The only bad INT was near the goal line when the ball sailed about three inches too high. I'm surprised Evans didn't catch it though. He's made tougher grabs.

Overall, not Brady's best game, but he played better than the stats suggest. He and the Bucs played aggressive, much more than GB obviously, and the rewards outweighed the risks.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

I watched the replay on one of those this morning. He had nothing but daylight ahead of him and at the last split second slung it across his body for an incompletion. Rodgers probably wishes he could have that play over.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Don't see where Tom Brady inherited a "good" Bucs team?
W-L records:
2017 ... 5-11
2018 ... 5-11
2019 ... 7-9
No contender there.
Brady-led 2020 to 11-5 to qualify for these playoffs. There, against the stiff competition, the Bucs are 2-0 and going. Just maybe Brady will play "lights-out" going forward and maybe he just had a bad game vs the Bills? Individual matchups on the lines or at WR may determine what's what, but for Tampa Bay so far Tom Brady has determined what's what.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It’s a trajectory thing, Rog. The Bucs won four of their last six to close out 2019.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It’s a trajectory thing, Rog. The Bucs won four of their last six to close out 2019.

Also switched quarterback who had 40 turnovers by himself to a qb who usually doesn't turn the ball over that much.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Two of his INTs were basically punts. They were third and long, he was under pressure, and so he tried for something deep. The only bad INT was near the goal line when the ball sailed about three inches too high. I'm surprised Evans didn't catch it though. He's made tougher grabs.

Overall, not Brady's best game, but he played better than the stats suggest. He and the Bucs played aggressive, much more than GB obviously, and the rewards outweighed the risks.

GB lost the game when instead of going for the touchdown they settled for the field goal late in the fourth.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Also switched quarterback who had 40 turnovers by himself to a qb who usually doesn't turn the ball over that much.

Yeah, I’d say 2020 turned into a de facto Jameis referendum even if it did involve the GOAT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.