Bucs ride 43-year-old Tom Brady to Super Bowl LV on own home field

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Dont Matter...Mahomie kicking some ass
Not so fast. TB has 2 weeks to try to get the defense healthy, Evans probably just played one of his worst games and they still beat GB @ GB. Fournette seems to have found the effort that is often missing in his game. I really like how he is running last couple games. TB seems to have been saving Gronk to some extent. As I recall he only had 1 target in the GB game and he made a huge play out of it. I expect to see him a lot more involved in the SB. Antonio Brown will be back and healthy and they will have 2 weeks at home to work on further improving the timing he was starting to develop with Brady. Then there's Brate, Godwin, Miller, Jones, Franklin, etc giving TB a loaded group of offensive weapons. And in case anyone forgot, there's that number 12 guy who just led 3 road playoff wins and is now going to play one at home for a chance at number 7. I doubt he's going into this lacking confidence.

Of course Mahomes and the Chiefs are more than formidable, but not unbeatable. Like most games, you will need some lucky bounces and some favorable calls, but I can see a close one with Brady and company pulling out the victory.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
After defending rodgers for years I'm done with him. That loss is on him. I don't want to hear about the decision to kick a field goal. Rodgers had 3 shots from inside the 10 and didn't do squat with them, and looked scared as hell. 4th down would have been another dud.

Defense gave them multiple stops in the second half and 3 picks back to back. Rodgers went 3 and out following them multiple times. In championship games, at championship moments he turtles up like john brantley. No more, "they've never given him a defense or run game" excuses. He's got no one but himself to blame. I'm over it.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He's got no one but himself to blame. I'm over it.

For multiple years of playoffs Rodgers has just flopped, flopped, and flopped. He cannot close the show. I too always went with the PR-flow on how great a QB he was, but he has never been able to keep his team in the competition. He has the worst QB-eyesight scanner. So he holds it too long & the fumble-prone stumble-scramble begins as that Rodgers-signal broadcasted to all other DCs in NFL land. Rodgers needs needs the perfect team around him to perform as well as lesser-helped QBs. What a let-down-leader for years of teammates. Rodgers is a too needy QB.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
After defending rodgers for years I'm done with him. That loss is on him. I don't want to hear about the decision to kick a field goal. Rodgers had 3 shots from inside the 10 and didn't do squat with them, and looked scared as hell. 4th down would have been another dud.

Defense gave them multiple stops in the second half and 3 picks back to back. Rodgers went 3 and out following them multiple times. In championship games, at championship moments he turtles up like john brantley. No more, "they've never given him a defense or run game" excuses. He's got no one but himself to blame. I'm over it.

He had 6 tries. They kicked a FG in the 1st half. In that sequence he tried to throw to Adams 3 times in a row. On 3rd down he missed a wide open Lazard and threw to Adams who was out of bounds. Pretty blatant miss there. He also missed a wide open Adams streaking down the field in the 2nd half on a defense offsides call. I was shocked he missed that one too. Couple that with suspect play calling at times and an OK defense and you lose.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015

Up until yesterday afternoon, I hadn’t watched a down of NFL football. I turned it on yesterday out of morbid curiosity, and you’re exactly right. I’ve been saying for years that A-aron is overrated as hell, just as overrated as five head Manning and his little brother, probably more so actually.

His choke job at the end of the game just solidified it for me.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Not so fast. TB has 2 weeks to try to get the defense healthy, Evans probably just played one of his worst games and they still beat GB @ GB. Fournette seems to have found the effort that is often missing in his game. I really like how he is running last couple games. TB seems to have been saving Gronk to some extent. As I recall he only had 1 target in the GB game and he made a huge play out of it. I expect to see him a lot more involved in the SB. Antonio Brown will be back and healthy and they will have 2 weeks at home to work on further improving the timing he was starting to develop with Brady. Then there's Brate, Godwin, Miller, Jones, Franklin, etc giving TB a loaded group of offensive weapons. And in case anyone forgot, there's that number 12 guy who just led 3 road playoff wins and is now going to play one at home for a chance at number 7. I doubt he's going into this lacking confidence.

Of course Mahomes and the Chiefs are more than formidable, but not unbeatable. Like most games, you will need some lucky bounces and some favorable calls, but I can see a close one with Brady and company pulling out the victory.

Lol....

Yah good luck...TB gonna be running all over the place trying to cover the elite offense. if the bum throws 3 int's my chiefs gonna wax them

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I hope the Superbowl is hard-fought, and back & forth.

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Barstool sports has some rather interesting Brady stats.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, ferg has already made it perfectly clear that he became a Chiefs "fan" in the last two years. He's never even set foot in that state.

BandwagonEffect_September2019_BackgroundArticle-1.jpg

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The G.B. coaching staff has a lot of things to answer for, they didn't play to win.

So does the front office...after getting killed in the NFC championship game last year they didn’t draft to win. Instead they drafted a 3rd string QB, 3rd string RB, and 3rd string TE 1,2,3 in the draft. Horrific...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So does the front office...after getting killed in the NFC championship game last year they didn’t draft to win. Instead they drafted a 3rd string QB, 3rd string RB, and 3rd string TE 1,2,3 in the draft. Horrific...
And in drafting that QB they pissed Rogers off enough that he may have taken his last snap there.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And in drafting that QB they pissed Rogers off enough that he may have taken his last snap there.

He’ll have to retire...he’s got like a 37 million cap hit if he’s traded. GB is around 20 million over projected cap right now.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He’ll have to retire...he’s got like a 37 million cap hit if he’s traded. GB is around 20 million over projected cap right now.

Your guys aren’t ready to hand the ball over to Jordan Love. They’ll redo Rodgers’ contract to make it more cap friendly and let him know he’s in their plans for the next few years. He’s too valuable to let go.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Your guys aren’t ready to hand the ball over to Jordan Love. They’ll redo Rodgers’ contract to make it more cap friendly and let him know he’s in their plans for the next few years. He’s too valuable to let go.

They better...drafting Love was the dumbest move I’ve seen in the NFL in a long time

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, ferg has already made it perfectly clear that he became a Chiefs "fan" in the last two years. He's never even set foot in that state.

BandwagonEffect_September2019_BackgroundArticle-1.jpg
I do believe ferg is in Missouri.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
They better...drafting Love was the dumbest move I’ve seen in the NFL in a long time

You must be getting up to pee every time Philly has picked in virtually every draft since I was a kid.

Jalen Hurts in the second round(at 53), with a mentally soft ginger QB who’s trying to rebuild his confidence before being blindsided by the news, makes your Love pick look like a masterpiece.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You must be getting up to pee every time Philly has picked in virtually every draft since I was a kid.

Jalen Hurts in the second round(at 53), with a mentally soft ginger QB who’s trying to rebuild his confidence before being blindsided by the news, makes your Love pick look like a masterpiece.

I’ll see your Hurts and raise you a Mitch Trubisky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb