crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n230293 said:
And he doesn't wear pants.

But you probably already noticed that, didn't you?
they dont seem to fit right

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
daytonacane;n230170 said:
Oh yea. I retired 12 years ago and am age 77. I love college football and have a special interest in UF this year as I want to see how well your defense performs relative to Randy Shannon. I only wish we had him back in charge of the defense, but I hope he does well at UF. He is a no nonsense type guy, hard worker, high morals and knows his defense.

Hell, you've got 3 years left...
18-80, crippled, blind or crazy....:lol:

Jun 2, 2015
crosscreekcooter;n230281 said:
I was gonna introduce you to Joe...I think he's 77

Okay, I'll bite....who is Joe? BTW, thanks to the individual who posted my avatar. Just wish we had some swagger, but I am ever hopeful but don't think we will improve until we have a coaching change.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
daytonacane;n230457 said:
Okay, I'll bite....who is Joe? BTW, thanks to the individual who posted my avatar. Just wish we had some swagger, but I am ever hopeful but don't think we will improve until we have a coaching change.

Okeechobee Joe.
Nicely done on the avatar - though I'd rather have seen Randy Shannon in O&B.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
DC, your son doesn't happen to live in your basement does he?

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter;n230496 said:
DC, your son doesn't happen to live in your basement does he?

post-33265-thats-gold-jerry-gold-gif-Sein-Ifbp.gif

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
daytonacane;n230170 said:
Oh yea. I retired 12 years ago and am age 77. I love college football and have a special interest in UF this year as I want to see how well your defense performs relative to Randy Shannon. I only wish we had him back in charge of the defense, but I hope he does well at UF. He is a no nonsense type guy, hard worker, high morals and knows his defense.

Welcome to the board. You seem to be a decent cane fan.

Could you tell us about um's last national championship team?

tFPxY5k.gif

Jun 2, 2015
soflagator;n230540 said:

2001.....a long, long time ago. Probably the best collection of both offensive & defensive college football players in the history of the game. I remember that 17 from the 2001 team went in the first round of the NFL draft. I attended the 1st game of the season with Penn St. @ Beaver Stadium (close to 110,000 in attendance) & we were up 30 to 0 @ the half & Coach Coker briefly put in the 2nd team then the 3rd and scrub teams and we won 30 to 7.

I am a long-time fan of the U (since 1957) back when we were everyone's homecoming selection. Thoroughly enjoyed from 1983 thru 2001 and now we are back in the cellar. Things seem to go in cycles. Alabama was down for quite a few years, etc., etc. Regardless, I still support my team and just think, the cycle will continue to turn and in a few short years FSU will be down and Miami & UF will be up.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
daytonacane;n230576 said:
soflagator;n230540 said:

2001.....a long, long time ago. Probably the best collection of both offensive & defensive college football players in the history of the game. I remember that 17 from the 2001 team went in the first round of the NFL draft. I attended the 1st game of the season with Penn St. @ Beaver Stadium (close to 110,000 in attendance) & we were up 30 to 0 @ the half & Coach Coker briefly put in the 2nd team then the 3rd and scrub teams and we won 30 to 7.

I am a long-time fan of the U (since 1957) back when we were everyone's homecoming selection. Thoroughly enjoyed from 1983 thru 2001 and now we are back in the cellar. Things seem to go in cycles. Alabama was down for quite a few years, etc., etc. Regardless, I still support my team and just think, the cycle will continue to turn and in a few short years FSU will be down and Miami & UF will be up.
Welcome to the board, Sweethahdt. You're a brave soul.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
daytonacane;n230558 said:
Nope, does your son live in your basement?

Good reply D-Cane, but you need a little history to understand where cooter was coming from: CaneThing was the troll of all trolls (sorry York) on GSMB before it was temporarily shut down and Ox started this better board (GCMB). CT admittedly lived in his parents basement - thus why cooter asked if your son lived in your basement.

Jun 2, 2015
GatorBart;n230605 said:
Good reply D-Cane, but you need a little history to understand where cooter was coming from: CaneThing was the troll of all trolls (sorry York) on GSMB before it was temporarily shut down and Ox started this better board (GCMB). CT admittedly lived in his parents basement - thus why cooter asked if your son lived in your basement.

GatorBart, okay, thanks. Are you sure CaneThing wasn't really DannyBoyCane13 who actually lived with his parents in New Jersey, looked to be in his 30's and was rather infamous on both the Gator and Nole boards. He was banned on the Cane board as he created some problems in contacting recruits.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
She ain't foolin me Bart....she's a slick one. Prolly from Jersey herself. OK DC...I'll have to do some diggin on this DannyBoy fellow.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter;230707 said:
She ain't foolin me Bart....she's a slick one. Prolly from Jersey herself. OK DC...I'll have to do some diggin on this DannyBoy fellow.

private-investigator-6.jpg

Jun 2, 2015
crosscreekcooter;n230707 said:

Wrong again Cooter. Born in Gainesville @ Alachua General Hospital (my Dad was asst. Captain of the guards @ Raiford State Prison and Gainesville was the closest hospital), moved to Jacksonville in the 1st grade & graduated from Robert E. Lee in West Jax, lived in Miami 4 years and attended the U 2 of those years and moved to Daytona Beach in the mid 1960's. Thus, a true native Floridian. Some of my family lived in Hampton (between Starke and Waldo) off Rt. 301 and 3 of my cousins from there are Gator grads.

Are you a native Floridian and a UF grad?

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
daytonacane;n230916 said:
Wrong again Cooter. Born in Gainesville @ Alachua General Hospital (my Dad was asst. Captain of the guards @ Raiford State Prison and Gainesville was the closest hospital), moved to Jacksonville in the 1st grade & graduated from Robert E. Lee in West Jax, lived in Miami 4 years and attended the U 2 of those years and moved to Daytona Beach in the mid 1960's. Thus, a true native Floridian. Some of my family lived in Hampton (between Starke and Waldo) off Rt. 301 and 3 of my cousins from there are Gator grads.

Are you a native Floridian and a UF grad?

:burn:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.