Can we blow out E. Wash?
Leonardo Dicaprio Kinda GIF

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I will enjoy every win and hate every loss, just like always.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Funniest line of the week. The halftime studio hack for SECN criticizing Florida for not throwing the ball enough. Doering quickly corrected his thinking.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Funniest line of the week. The halftime studio hack for SECN criticizing Florida for not throwing the ball enough. Doering quickly corrected his thinking.

A guy who leaves his wrecked Mercedes in a hedge overnight correcting someone else's thinking seems funny and a bit ironic to me.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good to see you DSS. Been a while. Hope you’re doing well.
Dang man, I hope you aren’t outing Durty as a closet Vol fan, a hillbilly, or both!

JK Durty’s a good dude and glad to have you aboard as long as proper decorum is maintained.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think that the coaches are trying to squeeze him into something that he is not. Just my opinion, but if AR is our QB then they just need to let him play. He's obviously way overthinking, and now he is a headcase. It's too bad, really, because proper coaching would have never allowed that to happen.
I am VERY disappointed with this coaching staff right now.
I really hope that they get it together.
I respect what you’re saying, but if his trouble now is overthinking, we may as well trade him now. They haven’t asked him to explain the theory of relativity.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Personally I like Napier, I saw check downs open for 5-6 yards. That’s what wins ball games. Not the unnecessary “play making” throws.

This

I saw the same thing on nearly every pass play.
AR is really struggling as a QB in every way.
I am anxious to see improvement soon.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I’m not saying a w isn’t a w, I’m just saying that was way more luck than it should have been. This is not Florida football.
Pretty much the same here. We got some gift calls in the 1st half too. I will be clear though that I haven't given up I just adjusted my expectations lower before this season started. What I'm more interested in is seeing if any improvements are made vs regression which we saw from the last 2 staffs after fast starts....

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Never thought I'd miss Carlos Del Rio.

Strange World.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
I’m all for bagging on the staff. But I also think it’s time to start asking some serious questions about AR. This is a complete 180 for me from about 8 this morning. But he is a tremendous athlete that has not shown the ability to consistently play QB at this level. Not defending Mullen, or Napier or anyone else. It’s just time to recognize that he may not be what we thought.

@digitalwangsta I agree with SoFla. Elite QB recruits are as capable as the rest of us, if not more so, of watching a QB like AR play and forming an opinion on whether he could benefit from better coaching, or whether he is short of some critical intangible quality, and all the coaching in the world won't make a difference.

AR looked great last year when he was running around and using his natural talent to make things happen that weren't written in the script. Now he's being asked to settle down and methodically execute a game plan rather than improvising like he's in the back yard. So far he has shown that it's an open question whether he can handle that or not.

If he can't do it then I see no reason that it should discourage elite QB recruits from wanting to show that they can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.