Burrito Brothers in danger of closing

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you didn't click the link and read the article.
Caught red handed. I did click the second link to go to the burrito brothers site where they are collecting donations. They might get more if they posted the story as to why they need them. Or maybe it just isn't on the mobile site?

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They're posting about the situation on their Facebook page. I'm sure eventually they'll have it on their page too. They just announced the virtual burritos earlier this afternoon. They're trying.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'd say that's poor planning by the city to allow construction to cause that much of a disruption during what is be the busiest time of the year. Must be awfully frustrating for the owners.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Probably a myth but ... shouldn't they get some type of compensation from the city or the property management for the disruption?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Virtual burritos, huh? Ox running that place now?

I'd probably buy a Tshirt, even an over-priced one, to support their cause, but they don't seem to have any. :doh:

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Earlier this week they posted a request on their Facebook page asking people to write the city officials bc they haven't gotten very far with the city thus far. Gainesville city politics absolutely blow.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds to me like they need to look into a lawyer. No reason a city should be able to run an otherwise profitable business, out of business.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Did you actually try to use the pull-down menu and order one?

:doh:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Someone also set up a GoFundMe page for them. Over $5K raised in 2 days so far.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gainesville sux for small business. traffic is horrible, parking is worse (if possible). they try to force everyone into "earth-friendly" public transportation, which is anything but. I mean come on, where can you actually park in town to utilize the public transportation that's not constantly monitored by the predatory ROAM towing companies? Gainesville is pretty much a crap hole that I'm happy not constantly traveling to.

As far as BB goes, I've always heard that it was a great place, but have never had, mainly due to the difficult area to park at or near, and i've not really ever had any reason to do business in that part of town.

I wish them much success, but believe Gainesville will claim another small business in the name of progress.

you wanna talk about cramming a square peg in a round hole, look no further than Gainesville's economic plan.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Someone also set up a GoFundMe page for them. Over $5K raised in 2 days so far.

Sorry, I don't send money for virtual burritos.

I guess it's too much to ask for them to send me SOMETHING for my money. I would pay a high premium but I sure as shyt will not just send money to a business.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator