Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
tom-hanks-laughing-o.gif

ShadowGator

Broken
Oct 24, 2014
Guess it is hard to watch Florida hire a coach and pay more than a coach who has been present a few years? Based on the coaches available out there, they are probably trying to protect him more than reward him.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
It's amazing Tennessee can stomach futility for that long.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Can UT be a competitive team? I guess so. Is UT anywhere close to even winning the SEC East anytime soon? I don't see it. It just seems like the days of them being a national powerhouse are over for good. Kinda like what happened to Colorado and Nebraska. Like those schools, the school isn't in a recruiting-rich area and unless you have a dynamo as a head coach, you can't sustain elite status. Butch Jones ain't a dynamo.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Reminds me of us not so long ago…

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Seems like just yesterday that Foley gave the Dawg such a raise and extension. It is amazing how mediocrity gets rewarded so handsomely.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They kept shooting through coaches, guess they want to try giving them a longer time to fix the toilet. I hope they fail.

Gator Wray

Big Member
Nov 21, 2014
"Obviously we were very, very excited," Jones said about getting into the Taxslayer Bowl, the game formerly known as the Gator Bowl.
His announcement of the assignment was greeted with cheers and high-fives and hugs inside Tennessee's main team meeting room. Tennessee's roster includes 12 Florida natives.

Wow, Tenn getting excited about playing the in "old GatorBowl". Program has really slipped.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Bottom line is with all the coaching vacancies and few good candidates, they are doing this to prevent him from getting poached by another school

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Damn, I originally posted this in the wrong thread. Think I've got it right this time: "Is it safe to say now that Butch Jones has redefined the 'Mendoza Line' of success for FBS coaches? Good God. His new contract extension until 2020 at $3.6 per is absolutely insane."

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Im happy about the extension. It just pretty much guarantees our success over them for many more years to come....

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Amazing. Cincinnati and Central Michigan were better football programs before he was hired by them. He's done nothing at Tennessee to improve their terrible program. He's stealing that money. Good for him, and for us. We had the worst two years in anyone's memory and we still beat his teams.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
New definition in Webster's Dictionary: The Muschamp - Average or below average football coaches being giving big raises and extensions.

Example: Butch Jones of The University of Tennesee, with a record of 11-13 was given a Muschamp.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Gator87;n128062 said:
New definition in Webster's Dictionary: The Muschamp - Average or below average football coaches being giving big raises and extensions.

Example: Butch Jones of The University of Tennesee, with a record of 11-13 was given a Muschamp.

:lmao:

BearCatGator

Aug 26, 2014
oxrageous;n128026 said:
Can UT be a competitive team? I guess so. Is UT anywhere close to even winning the SEC East anytime soon? I don't see it. It just seems like the days of them being a national powerhouse are over for good. Kinda like what happened to Colorado and Nebraska. Like those schools, the school isn't in a recruiting-rich area and unless you have a dynamo as a head coach, you can't sustain elite status. Butch Jones ain't a dynamo.

I wouldn't count them out. They have had back to back top 5 recruiting classes and with the SEC East being down they would make some noise. They have a young QB that did quite well to end the year. Depending on what McElwain does UT should could be ranked anywhere from 1-4 in the SEC east. They were only 12 points away from winning the east this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.