Calling Musicians

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
How many musicians do we have here on the board? Sound off and tell us.
I play guitar, bass, mandolin, a little drums, a little keyboards and can learn bout whatever I pick up. And sing, of course.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Piano, Percussion & Singing. Father was a Music Teacher for 30 years at my Elementary School.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Not me, but my wife is an excellent musician. She plays guitar, bass, piano. Singer/song writer with over 100 copywrited songs. We even sold a song once to Discovery ID channel. They paid her $12K to use a song for 6 months in a commercial.

Black Dahlia

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2017
My instruments of choice are dual analog turntables and a computer, and before I developed pulmonary edema I was a pretty good beatboxer.

:worried:
:ban2:

Last edited:

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I played drums in high school and still have my set. My 17 y/o son can't play a radio without static but he has a very nice singing voice. His preferred music is anything by Elvis, Frank Senatra, Dean Martin, and a few Johnny Cash songs.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I've been playing guitar for about 40 years - mainly country and bluegrass.
But... I've dabbled in other stuff like the Mandolin, "banjer", bass and fiddle.

My lineup

Lineup.jpg

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've been playing guitar for about 40 years - mainly country and bluegrass.
But... I've dabbled in other stuff like the Mandolin, "banjer", bass and fiddle.

My lineup

So you're an Interior Designer?

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Guitar, bass, sing, and DJ. Can keep a basic beat on the drums with basic fills, but not going to wow anyone there.

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
I played drums when I was young. I can run a board for live shows but can't play a note.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Cool, glad for the response.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I learned piano as a kid and trumpet as a teen. Shortly before covid I started learning guitar. I can not sing to save my life but my father had one of the nicest singing voices.

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Trumpet many moons ago, Still have it. Paid $30 for it in 74 or 75
I can still make some noise with it, None anyone wants to hear but it's noise.

Swampy!

Aug 3, 2018
Guitar player/singer here.

I currently play lead guitar and do bgv's in a 70's & 80's Rock Revue named Glory Days. Also play lead guitar and bass for modern worship at a large denominational church here in town. From time to time, I'll do the ol' solo acoustic show. In my past life, I played lead/rhythm guitar in a semi-successful hard rock/heavy metal band called Mastermind.

The most musically satisfying thing I've ever done, however, is I got to play the Carl Perkins role in a production of Million Dollar Quartet 2 years ago. Getting into Carl Perkins' skin and having to master his licks and playing style and vocal style was the most difficult but satisfying thing I've ever done musically.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
I have played guitar, banjo, mandolin, bass, washboard and autoharp in my early playing years, but I played in bluegrass and jug bands at the time. After I moved to Florida from Kentucky in 1968, I met some local band members and bought a Gibson SG and Showman amp (still have both) and played in some local bands mostly playing Allman Bros, Eagles, Poco, Wishbone Ash, Buffalo Springfield et al as well as some original music.

During my blues and country rock days, I was also trying to get a degree, but that was not working. Classes after 4 AM mornings was just not sustainable. So I left my band days behind, got a job changing tires and doing front end and brake work. Not very much fun, but it was day work and my boss let me go to classes. Got my BS and MS and worked for the next 45 years as a scientist (still doing it).

About 4 years ago I picked up my guitar and stated learning new (for me) music. Strait, Yoacam, Jackson, Buffett, Travis and even a few songs by Dillard and Clark plus others. I play for fun now-a-days and I find living room and campfire jams my favorite venues. Although I play mostly acoustic, I have plugged my SG in, but those dual 12' speakers are a little too much for the nieghborhood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.