Gator Basketball Came for Oral, got Anal: 15 Seed Golden Eagles end Gators season

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
This.
Marine, you seem to be pointing out part of what is so maddening about White’s teams, particularly after Billy’s kids matriculated IMO...that is, they seem so bad fundamentally, which either limits what they can actually do or makes them look like a mediocre 17u AAU team much of the time. I know these kids are talented, but rarely do they appear to have a purpose offensively in the half court other than to throw up a shot after poor movement, few passes other than around the perimeter, and a desperation three as the shot clock is expiring. Defensively, we sure seem to lose the men we are guarding quite often and we go under picks more than fighting through them. Maybe things have changed with that part of man D concept? Historically, that usually meant “lazy”and “poorly coached.” It also drives me nuts that we rarely seem to have a decent inbounds play.

We had lunch at a restaurant after church and the Illinois / Loyola game was on. It was actually pleasurable to watch. Both teams were pretty good fundamentally and had plans that they worked to execute both offensively and defensively. They worked for high percentage shots first and the longer shots were not usually highly contested or out of desperation. They played tough D, contested shots, and boxed out consistently. I’d give anything to see us play sound basketball. I don’t believe we’ll ever see it for more than an occasional stretch under White. Regardless, I hope we win.

I’ll respond later depending on what mood I’m in after this one. Lol.
I will say Loyola took out a #1 seed in a low scoring game. Both teams shot a lower percentage than we did last game. Illinois had 17 turnovers. Congrats to Illinois on a great season but it would not have been well received by our fans....at least this board.

At this point only one thing matters....win or go home. How ugly or unsatisfying matters little. I’ve accepted that we will not play the “40 minutes of hell” style that I prefer.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida is up 12-10 at the under 16 timeout. Offense pretty decent early. Defense struggling. Tried to press failed miserably and the man and zone has been bad as well

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
They’ve got two scorers. Limit them best you can and we win

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty good game thus far. Appleby obviously affected by injury. Defensive switching problems. But not terrible.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mann has been really good this game.

DoubleGator87and90

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2017
Really good effort on D and on the glass. The Duruji foul on the 3 ptr was unfortunate, but they’re closing out hard on the shooters so that can happen. Turnovers are the big issue

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Only second game i watch, is applebee related to mike white?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator