Can Franks hold on to the Number 1 QB spot?

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I shudder to think what my father would have done to me had I ever acted like that

God as my witness....my father would have come on the field and beat my azz in front of everybody.

Antics are one thing but there was one thing we all understood in our house. Never, ever could we question an elders authority. One of the worst azz whuppins I ever got was raising my voice to the principal in the 6th grade because he mixed me up with a kid that actually did the wrong thing. When my dad showed up he put me in the car and told me he didn’t give a shyt about whatever discretion I was accused of but no son of his would ever talk back to an adult. Tore my azz up when we got home. Lesson learned.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
As you should. I’m enjoying the radio silence from my Nole friends.

That said, didn’t see Blackman running his mouth the BSU fans in the first half...:grin:
Didn’t see a single BSU fan talking trash at Blackmon either. Watch the tape when FF ran to HIS fans in the stands after the score and an entire block of cane fans screaming at him. He came back at them....hence his immaturity. No dispute on that. The hate has gotten to him deeply. He has to learn to let it go and feed off his teammates.

I know Blackmon. He’s from the muck. Good kid and respectful. Not immature.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Actually, I was just talking to Marine. We have a history of pretty much agreeing on how we feel about this program and that constant criticism is not really a productive way to encourage our young fellas. When a guy like FF reads social media it becomes quickly clear that his performance is way below the standard gator fans want. Seems like a lot of pressure on a kid like that. From little backwoods Crawfordville. I taught school for a LONG time. I learned that kids responded much better to positive reinforcement than what we see in just this place like 1. Franks sucks 2. he is a punk 3. he is so immature 4, He is like a UM thug. yada yada yada. I am sure that DM and some of the coaches are in his ear but this is the horse our wagon is hitched to. I remember many years ago some older woman told SOS his antics and visor abuse were not nice and looked bad. He said he tried it her way but it was not him. I think he lost a game trying to be calmer. I have seen so much worse than FF. I just want the kid to play hard, learn from mistakes and not have to worry that "his fans" are against him. You mentioned that marine1 was too sober. Maybe we all could use some liquid courage (my dad called it that ) to chill a little.
Everything seems better for some reason after those type of games.......
Below 18 are kids and that’s your world. 18-22+ are young adults and they’re mine and Marine’s. They need the opportunity to find themselves but direction when they stray. That’s where FF is. Coddling rarely works. And place of birth don’t matter - I’ve seen YAs from NYC all the way down to 200 people towns. Need similar things every time.

To be clear, I’m not calling for his ouster (though I do hope he goes to the draft so the team can move to a more efficient QB) but I am saying CDM needs to reign him in and make sure it’s known how his actions aren’t in line with the “Gator Standard”.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
God as my witness....my father would have come on the field and beat my azz in front of everybody.

Antics are one thing but there was one thing we all understood in our house. Never, ever could we question an elders authority. One of the worst azz whuppins I ever got was raising my voice to the principal in the 6th grade because he mixed me up with a kid that actually did the wrong thing. When my dad showed up he put me in the car and told me he didn’t give a shyt about whatever discretion I was accused of but no son of his would ever talk back to an adult. Tore my azz up when we got home. Lesson learned.
Maybe FF needs your dad :lol:

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Actually, I was just talking to Marine. We have a history of pretty much agreeing on how we feel about this program and that constant criticism is not really a productive way to encourage our young fellas. When a guy like FF reads social media it becomes quickly clear that his performance is way below the standard gator fans want. Seems like a lot of pressure on a kid like that. From little backwoods Crawfordville. I taught school for a LONG time. I learned that kids responded much better to positive reinforcement than what we see in just this place like 1. Franks sucks 2. he is a punk 3. he is so immature 4, He is like a UM thug. yada yada yada. I am sure that DM and some of the coaches are in his ear but this is the horse our wagon is hitched to. I remember many years ago some older woman told SOS his antics and visor abuse were not nice and looked bad. He said he tried it her way but it was not him. I think he lost a game trying to be calmer. I have seen so much worse than FF. I just want the kid to play hard, learn from mistakes and not have to worry that "his fans" are against him. You mentioned that marine1 was too sober. Maybe we all could use some liquid courage (my dad called it that ) to chill a little.
Everything seems better for some reason after those type of games.......

To add to that I really have less concern about performance related criticism as I do the personal stuff. He is called stupid, idiot and mental midget repeatedly on social media. He gets cut no slack. Against Miami had he not thrown that last horrible pass he would have a decent game. One fumble on an rpo, one tipped int. The pitch to Davis was fine. He didn’t have a great game and that should be acknowledged by all. But some of the over the top stuff deserves to be addressed.

He just has to learn how to block it all out. I’m not sure he will.....or that we will let him.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Maybe FF needs your dad :lol:

He probably has one similar. His dad is a retired MasterSgt. Might be a lot like mine. (a retired 1stSgt) I once got jumped by an older and bigger kid. I tried to run inside the house. My father locked the door and told me to go kick the kids azz or he would let me in and kick mine.

My dad was old school. Take no shyt from anyone type. Yes sir, yes ma’am manners to adults but all else was on the table. I taught my boys those same lessons. Now I’m a marshmallow and get along with everyone. Go figure....

Last edited:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
BSU and Auburn both won season openers against P5 teams with true freshmen QBs. I was assured this wasn’t possible by many here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator