Can we all just agree that Tony Romo is the worst announcer of all time?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I thought he had a good night, far better than the AFC Championship where he refused to stop talking.

Best line of the night was when Nantz introduced him.

"I've been waiting to hear 'Welcome to the Super Bowl' my whole life."

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
In his defense, you should try spending three and a half hours trying to make that monstrosity of a football game sound exciting.
Ditto. Romo is great IMO. I love the way he called out Jay Feely last night for talking about a kicker playing through an injury. Hilarious.

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
I like Buck & Aikman better, but Romo has a raw enthusiasm for the game that is infectious. He's new at this, too, and while I didn;t like him as a QB he's at least now made it to the Super Bowl.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
My favorite was Gruden. Hilarious and insightful. Then Collinsworth, in part because he’s our guy I suppose.

Jason Witten is grating.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
On the one hand the guy sounds like he's a color commentator at the X Games. On the other, he's actually able to predict plays with surprising accuracy. He's a mutated cross between an MTV VJ and Gary Danielson.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Holy crap, I guess I can see this guy calling the B or C game for a small market audience but how the hell does this guy make it to the Super Bowl? Embarrassing. I'd rather listen to Beth Mowens humping Dan Dierdorf.

Can we all agree? What alternate reality are you posing that question in? :lol2:

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
That must have been one of the few times he was able to articulate a full thought. Most of the time he'd start a sentence, realize it sounded stupid, and then just stop talking.

Which is the smarter move: stop stupid talk immediately upon realization how stupid it sounds or plowing on with even more stupidity? :dunno:

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Holy crap, I guess I can see this guy calling the B or C game for a small market audience but how the hell does this guy make it to the Super Bowl? Embarrassing. I'd rather listen to Beth Mowens humping Dan Dierdorf.

You're obviously confusing Romo with Jason Whitten... that guy needs to go sell cars.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Paul McGuire is confused that this is even a debate. Even the dumb look on his face at all times suggests his knowing he’s got this worst of all time thing wrapped up.

upload_2019-2-4_9-33-24.jpeg

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Romo is my favorite NFL announcer. Funny and spot on with whats actually happening ... and he isn't biased towards the offense on bad or good calls. He sees the game and can communicate it in a way that we understand.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The dude spooged his pants when a penalty stopped the clock. His reaction would have made you think a pick 6 to win the game just occurred. He's ridiculous, and can't form anything even remotely resembling a coherent sentence.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
The dude spooged his pants when a penalty stopped the clock. His reaction would have made you think a pick 6 to win the game just occurred. He's ridiculous, and can't form anything even remotely resembling a coherent sentence.
Umm....he doesn't play for the Cowboys anymore so................

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator