Can we all just agree that Tony Romo is the worst announcer of all time?

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I like tony . He’s a step up from that Simms jackass .

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo no like Romo
It sounds like he's not as bad as I thought. My experience listening to him spans about 1.5 games. I just started a topic in my normal bomb throwing style to see what would happen. :lol: Rarely am I disappointed with the reactions around here.

The board seems to be split, with even his fans admitting that's he's got work to do on his delivery. I usually don't care much one way or the other about the announcers. I sorta noticed Romo last night due to the many folks in the room complaining about him.

Here is my favorite call from Dan Dierdorf:

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
I thought the LOS when the Rams had the ball was where the game was decided. The Pats were able to stuff almost every run and pressure Goff on 90% of his throws. Goff was actually pretty good on the few plays when he had a little time to throw.

I thought the Pats controlled both lines of scrimmage most of the time. And that waterbug-quick receiver, Edelson, made 'em all look like fools.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I thought the Pats controlled both lines of scrimmage most of the time. And that waterbug-quick receiver, Edelson, made 'em all look like fools.
Yeah, if Brady had been his normal self that game would’ve been a blowout.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It sounds like he's not as bad as I thought. My experience listening to him spans about 1.5 games. I just started a topic in my normal bomb throwing style to see what would happen. :lol: Rarely am I disappointed with the reactions around here.

Your broaching of the subject caused me to get two “dislikes” costing me what I can only imagine is a substantial amount of Oxbucks. Your humor may seem harmless, but there are lives involved here. I’ve already talked to my family about the possibility of downsizing.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Your broaching of the subject caused me to get two “dislikes” costing me what I can only imagine is a substantial amount of Oxbucks. Your humor may seem harmless, but there are lives involved here. I’ve already talked to my family about the possibility of downsizing.
:lol: You know its a successful post when you get half a dozen likes, an equal amount of drunks and a handful of facepalms. Just perusing the replies and seeing all the ratings have me a good hearty laugh. Oh, and also the guy that got all triggered over the whole thing.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

The board seems to be split, with even his fans admitting that's he's got work to do on his delivery. I usually don't care much one way or the other about the announcers. I sorta noticed Romo last night due to the many folks in the room complaining about him.

Here is my favorite call from Dan Dierdorf:

LOL
I don't even watch NFL football so I had no idea Romo callled games. I just happened to see that article and knew it would get Ox closer to a million posts.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mick Hubert is the announcer of the century! Oh My!

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
GCMB, I have a confession to make. In the OP, I engaged in some hyperbole. That's not who I am. It was a long time ago and I am a different man today. I apologize to my family, friends, coworkers, and any others who were hurt by my thoughtless outburst. I swear it will never happen again.

As for Romo, he is a dude who played QB at a high level in the league just a couple seasons ago. I fully expect him to understand the Xs and Os and to be able to point out things the casual viewer wouldn't know. While I thought his uncertainty about the stoppage of the clock after the NE penalty after the 2 minute warning was a little puzzling, I did appreciate the discussion about the Rams waiting until the helmet radio was cut off before showing their formation. Something I hadn't thought about before.

That being said, I can't count the number of times somebody at our viewing party said OMG please shut up! I too think he'll round into a good announcer with time, but I still am puzzled about him being tapped to call the Super Bowl this early in his second career. Maybe its just because he is paired with Jim Nantz, who is one of the smoothest talking announcers of all time. Heck, maybe they put him with Nantz on purpose so Jim can teach him.

I liked beer. I still like beer.

You should know by now that hyperbole is no longer acceptable in public discourse. Legions of critics stand ready to fact-check you into oblivion.

I confess that my dissatisfaction with Tony Romo is borne largely out of years of him being touted as one of the elite QBs despite the fact that he won just 2 playoff games while “leading” a top franchise loaded with talent. He never asked for all that hype. And he was playing for Jerruh Jones, whose smug arrogance makes me love to see him lose, and thus tainted Romo.

I’m not a big fan of Beth Mowins, but she drives my wife straight up the wall and that makes me laugh inside. Every. Time.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
You should know by now that hyperbole is no longer acceptable in public discourse. Legions of critics stand ready to fact-check you into oblivion.

I confess that my dissatisfaction with Tony Romo is borne largely out of years of him being touted as one of the elite QBs despite the fact that he won just 2 playoff games while “leading” a top franchise loaded with talent. He never asked for all that hype. And he was playing for Jerruh Jones, whose smug arrogance makes me love to see him lose, and thus tainted Romo.

I’m not a big fan of Beth Mowins, but she drives my wife straight up the wall and that makes me laugh inside. Every. Time.

Ditto on Mowins. Personally not a fan but my wife abhors her.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014

Ditto on Mowins. Personally not a fan but my wife abhors her

LOL... my wife is exactly the same.

"What the hell is she doing with her voice? She's trying to sound like one of those cheesy male sportscasters from the 70's or something".

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.