Can we now be glad we have Mullen and not....

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I find that a little hard to believe. We have a roster of players that do not know what it takes to be successful... they played flag football since infancy, are from Europe and only watched on tv growing up? You see what I mean, that excuse is a little hard to buy into. Most if not all our players are from competitive programs, played in High School, presumably had good coaches then who taught them the meaning of hard work, discipline, commitment. We cannot pretend our players have low football IQ and are naturally weaker and less aggressive than players on roster at Kentucky.

And I find it hard to believe the same coaches who were getting less talent at MSU got more aggressive play in a harder division?

So Mac could not get them to play and now Mullen?

And you blame Mullen?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Trouble is the NCAA. They have such a limited time to teach the plays and system

I suspect they thought the coach shows them how, it's up to the players to provide an effort.

If I were Mullen, I'd try to get Tebow as a coach to do just that.

Forget teaching plays and system. If the players aren’t going to give effort the best plays and system aren’t worth anything. Put them through the paces until they show toughness, aggression and effort, fundamentals such as blocking and tackling...then worry about the scheme.

Bar None Gator

Dec 3, 2016
Didn't read the thread. But have two thoughts. One, is that Mullen needs to be given the time to develop the program. Take the losses and show growth. Two, the guy coaching the Bulldogs took very little time to get that program turned around and in national title contention. This is/was Florida and we should have high expectations. I know the last few coaches have done damage to that once illustrious reputation. But give the coach 1-2 years, if not more, and hopefully, he will right the ship. If not, rinse, lather and repeat.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't read the thread. But have two thoughts. One, is that Mullen needs to be given the time to develop the program. Take the losses and show growth. Two, the guy coaching the Bulldogs took very little time to get that program turned around and in national title contention. This is/was Florida and we should have high expectations. I know the last few coaches have done damage to that once illustrious reputation. But give the coach 1-2 years, if not more, and hopefully, he will right the ship. If not, rinse, lather and repeat.
#1, Kirby knows how to recruit.
#2, Richt left him with a running start.
#3, hundred dollar bills.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
#1, Kirby knows how to recruit.
#2, Richt left him with a running start.
#3, hundred dollar bills.

Kirby also played in three nationally televised games at the end of the season where everyone saw the direction of the program.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Kirby also played in three nationally televised games at the end of the season where everyone saw the direction of the program.
That's what happens when you clear the decks of inertia.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That's what happens when you clear the decks of inertia.

it's a huge advantage of advertising your brand. Which we really haven't had since 2012 season (which we didn't advertise well)

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Maybe we also have some poor position coaches? Mullen has a lot to sort out as the season moves forward but my instincts are that he does not have the wherewithall to make changes.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Screw that. Let's just go straight to Sherrill.
Is he dead? I don't know. We could do a seance or something on the sideline. He is essentially Will Dwagchump and every other coach in the east anyway. Why not? We are going to score 10 points regardless but at least Sherill's corpse would have a defense.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Is he dead? I don't know. We could do a seance or something on the sideline. He is essentially Will Dwagchump and every other coach in the east anyway. Why not? We are going to score 10 points regardless but at least Sherill's corpse would have a defense.

No. If we resurrect anyone, lets get Air Coryelle.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Right now it looks like we did them a favor.
They were probably.going to fire him after the next loss to Matt Luke on probation.

He has been on the hot seat since he lost to a D2 team in year 7 and since he still has managed only one winng sec record in 9 years.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
it's a huge advantage of advertising your brand. Which we really haven't had since 2012 season (which we didn't advertise well)
UF plays on at least 6 nationally televised games a year. The problem is recruiting, incompetent ADs and coaching.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.