Can we now be glad we have Mullen and not....

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Kelly or Taggart?

UCLA is lacking talent so what is FSU's excuse? I thought the Noles were recruiting SO MUCH BETTER than UF?

Oh, and Rict was the "U" savior?

New Mexico St circa 2015 is on line 1

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Take a look at the thread after the New Mexico game in 2015... then lets all pump the breaks. A great first game, but it's Charleston Southern... lets wait a bit.

You stole my thunder. That thread should be required reading for everyone. There are posts that if I asked you what year someone wrote it...you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You stole my thunder. That thread should be required reading for everyone. There are posts that if I asked you what year someone wrote it...you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

It's what I have been thinking about since Saturday, when a buddy mentioned we scored 34 in the first half against New Mexico State in Butters first game.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
It's what I have been thinking about since Saturday, when a buddy mentioned we scored 34 in the first half against New Mexico State in Butters first game.

But we had 3 penalties
We played 3s and walk-on
We could have scored 70
The coach was having fun.
Even my wife noticed, they were fun to watch.

It's not a score.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Kelly or Taggart?

UCLA is lacking talent so what is FSU's excuse? I thought the Noles were recruiting SO MUCH BETTER than UF?

Oh, and Rict was the "U" savior?

UCLA’s last 5 classes average 16.6th on Rivals. That’s not playoff talent but it’s way, way higher than Cincinnati.

The Noles clearly have great talent. They were horribly out-coached last night.

I’ll allow that in both cases new systems and other transition pitfalls were in play. But for now? I like our guy.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

I agree with you, but the OP isn’t proclaiming all is well. Just that they looked bad.

If you were a Bruin or Nole, how would you be posting today?

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
I agree with you, but the OP isn’t proclaiming all is well. Just that they looked bad.

If you were a Bruin or Nole, how would you be posting today?
Did you watch either game? UCLA was playing a true freshman at QB after Speight got hurt. FSU has no OL or WRs. They looked just like us under WM. Time will tell who made the best hire and a win against a hs level team means nothing.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
You be the judge. Compare our performance Saturday with our performance in 2015.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Did you watch either game? UCLA was playing a true freshman at QB after Speight got hurt. FSU has no OL or WRs. They looked just like us under WM. Time will tell who made the best hire and a win against a hs level team means nothing.

He had an entire offseason to recognize his team's flaws and scheme accordingly. The fact that they came out dancing, got punched in the mouth, and spent the rest of the night staring at their head coach who had zero answers, adjustments or confidence, is the point. When their own fans, along with virtually everyone in national media is saying the same thing, it's pretty obvious. And if not for a handful of plays, this would've been a 30+ point beating. There's zero defending that. He looked exactly like what several of us thought he was/is.

As for Chip, bad break at QB or not, this was a 4-win Cincy team a year ago and they too were playing with a Freshman QB.

What else you got?

Last edited:

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
I disagree. 28-21 is still a win. A loss to UK is going to be a major morale blow at the beginning of the season and especially on the first of an SEC campaign, to a team we beat for the past 31 years and we beat even with Butters in their home. It is a "must win" for this season to have the appearance of success. Could he make up for it? Yea, if he pulls a win at Starkville or a convincing win against LSU. But if we lose to LSU, MSU and Georgia, plus lose to UK, this season would be poor / failed season IMO.

And that’s how people can disagree without being disagreeable! Go Gators.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
He had an entire offseason to recognize his team's flaws and scheme accordingly. The fact that they came out dancing, got punched in the mouth, and spent the rest of the night staring at their head coach who had zero answers, adjustments or confidence, is the point. When their own fans, along with virtually everyone in national media is saying the same thing, it's pretty obvious. And if not for a handful of plays, this would've been a 30+ point beating. There's zero defending that. He looked exactly like what several of us thought he was/is.

As for Chip, bad break at QB or not, this was a 4-win Cincy team a year ago and they too were playing with a Freshman QB.

What else you got?
Did you say the same thing when meyer got beat by Mike Shula and Saban by ulm .Chip kelly lost his first game to Boise. chill it's one game. The back end of year 1 and year 2 is where we'll know who has it. It's how i knew Mac sucked in year 1.

Last edited:

Durty's Toe

drunk AF
Sep 2, 2017
It has been so long since FL has been a contender for a title, the youngsters don’t know what a “must win” is. KY will never be a must win. No matter what era. I just want to play at a level where we have “must wins” that mean we are in contention for a title, instead of being in that sucky place where one more loss means we have enough evidence to prove that we need a new coach.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Chip Kelly was #1 on my list of coaches I did NOT want!!!! Cousin Eddie was #2 on that list. Regardless of who the coach is I am not going to make any conclusions based on one press conference, one practice, one game, or one season. I will judge over time. what I wanted was a guy who cares about the entire game of football, and Kelly is clearly not that. We will see about Cousin Eddie, but making some ridiculous conclusion based on a game against a team that plays 8 man Iowa high school football is silly.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Chip Kelly was #1 on my list of coaches I did NOT want!!!! Cousin Eddie was #2 on that list. Regardless of who the coach is I am not going to make any conclusions based on one press conference, one practice, one game, or one season. I will judge over time. what I wanted was a guy who cares about the entire game of football, and Kelly is clearly not that. We will see about Cousin Eddie, but making some ridiculous conclusion based on a game against a team that plays 8 man Iowa high school football is silly.

So you're not going to draw any conclusions until his career is over. That's a safe bet.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's a tough time to be a Null, huh?

Durty's Toe

drunk AF
Sep 2, 2017

Who is cousin Eddie? why?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I think you mean the shark humper not the dawgshyt, But in any case Butters destroyed NMS in his first game. That'a not praise for butters. But even his ineptitude took 5-6 games to infect the team. Your boy Taggert infected your nolies in game one. Enjoy the suck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.