Can we talk about the 301 by-pass around Starke?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Wasn't sure where to put this....but I haven't driven down 301 in 12+ years. I drove the U-Haul truck from DC to St. Pete July 4th weekend, GPS took me down 95 to I-10 to 301. I'm driving the usual route that I've taken hundreds of times (for school & games) for years and years....I get to the Starke area and I travel on the by-pass. I thought I was lost, like "WTF is going on??" Then it routed me through Gainesville and I got on 75 somewhere in south Gainesville. I passed what was some sort of UF campus building, on the west side of the road (Waldo Rd/24), then on to 331 (I think). Anyhow, how long has that by-pass been there?

I'm looking forward to getting to Gainesville and seeing all the changes, new sh*t, etc. this fall. I have Alabama tickets, so that's the plan (for now)....

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Drove down from Jax yesterday for Kyle Pitt’s first football camp. I had no idea WTF all those new roads were.
AEBBBB26-2DD3-4987-AA3B-6D186B00CEC7.jpeg

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Wasn't sure where to put this....but I haven't driven down 301 in 12+ years. I drove the U-Haul truck from DC to St. Pete July 4th weekend, GPS took me down 95 to I-10 to 301. I'm driving the usual route that I've taken hundreds of times (for school & games) for years and years....I get to the Starke area and I travel on the by-pass. I thought I was lost, like "WTF is going on??" Then it routed me through Gainesville and I got on 75 somewhere in south Gainesville. I passed what was some sort of UF campus building, on the west side of the road (Waldo Rd/24), then on to 331 (I think). Anyhow, how long has that by-pass been there?

I'm looking forward to getting to Gainesville and seeing all the changes, new sh*t, etc. this fall. I have Alabama tickets, so that's the plan (for now)....

The bypass is great!! It takes 30 minutes or more off the time from Ocala to I-10. Starke traffic can be turrible. I think they opened it maybe 2 years ago.+/-

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Growing up in Jax, I drove through Starke thousands of times to and from Gainesville. I hated every time I had to do it.

Bypass opened up about 2 years ago. One of the best uses of taxpayer money ever spent. If you are traveling along 301, it easily saves 20-30 minutes.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Just opened up roughly a year ago. Started construction about two years ago.

Another gem that opened a few years back is the flyover of 301 on HWY 26 in Orange Heights. No more back ups due to trains.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
My condolences.

I haven't been to a UF home game in 13 seasons. I'm looking forward to it. I'm sure it'll have the usual excitement of a big game....until Alabama scores their third or forth touchdown. But until then.....

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I haven't been to a UF home game in 13 seasons. I'm looking forward to it. I'm sure it'll have the usual excitement of a big game....until Alabama scores their third or forth touchdown. But until then.....
Third or fourth? I'm already depressed by the thought of the fifth and sixth.....

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Drove down from Jax yesterday for Kyle Pitt’s first football camp. I had no idea WTF all those new roads were.

Nice. Your son?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Good looking kid. Taller than I expected. And I didn't see you as the "ok with lower arm tattoos" type. But still really cool.
He’s really tall for his age…and fast AF. Came in second in the race at the end for his age group. Shoulda won but he just trots until he realizes there’s someone there that can run, then he turns it on. :headslap:
Just turned 7 a few weeks ago but as tall as most 9 year olds.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
He’s really tall for his age…and fast AF. Came in second in the race at the end for his age group. Shoulda won but he just trots until he realizes there’s someone there that can run, then he turns it on. :headslap:
Just turned 7 a few weeks ago but as tall as most 9 year olds.

Seven years old and you're already giving him a McShay type review about his having the frame to be great but with a tendency to take plays off. I like it.

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

There's really no reason to leave until the end of the first quarter.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Seven years old and you're already giving him a McShay type review about his having the frame to be great but with a tendency to take plays off. I like it.
Doing conditioning this month for his second year of tackle football. Had to play with the 8 year olds last year or not all due to not enough kids to field the 6U team. Obviously, he was played sparingly. :lol:
He played 2 different flag leagues since and was pretty dominant with the ball in his hands due to his speed. Starting catching and defending the pass like a beast by the second flag season (pass oriented rules). We’ll see how well he embraces the contact this fall. He wants to play safety like he did in flag. I really enjoy watching him play. It’s an absolute blast watching him and his buddies give it all they’ve got. I’m the loudest m’fer out there. Usually hoarse the next day. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb