Can we talk about the 301 by-pass around Starke?

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I'm a local and take the bypass daily (when school is in) to pick up the grandson at his other grandparents house. The 45 minute trip on a good day is now 23 min. almost every time. Even traveling to the center of Starke it's faster to take the bypass and drop off on SR 100. Friday gridlock in Starke are also a thing of the past.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Wasn't sure where to put this....but I haven't driven down 301 in 12+ years. I drove the U-Haul truck from DC to St. Pete July 4th weekend, GPS took me down 95 to I-10 to 301. I'm driving the usual route that I've taken hundreds of times (for school & games) for years and years....I get to the Starke area and I travel on the by-pass. I thought I was lost, like "WTF is going on??" Then it routed me through Gainesville and I got on 75 somewhere in south Gainesville. I passed what was some sort of UF campus building, on the west side of the road (Waldo Rd/24), then on to 331 (I think). Anyhow, how long has that by-pass been there?

I'm looking forward to getting to Gainesville and seeing all the changes, new sh*t, etc. this fall. I have Alabama tickets, so that's the plan (for now)....

I got back to Gainesville in 2019 for the first time in 7 years. The development around Archer Road and I-75 is truly insane. The traffic is even worse than before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.