Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Curious if any of you have been to Cancun and have any recommendations. I’ve booked 9 days at Hotel NYX, all inclusive. Just looking for some R&R with my wife.

We don’t plan to do much besides eat, drink, sleep and read. But if you want to recommend a snorkel tour or other activities I’ll appreciate it.

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
if you hadnt already booked i would have recommended staying off the mainland on cozumel. Its a 15 minute ferry ride to the mainland and the ferries cycle all day and evening. But staying on cozumel is great because they have amazing resorts, golf courses, etc. and have their own airport so you can fly directly to it. And it gets you away from all the crazy partying and drunkeness on the mainland, there's also zero crime and dangerous areas on the island. Perfect for us "mature' folks :lol:

I stayed at El Cozumeleno last time i was down and it was great. All inclusive.

HIGHLY recommend you spend a day at Xcaret. It's a natural theme park just outside cancun and world famous. One of the best experiences ive ever had. Make sure to do the cave river float, watch the guys do the rain dance form the top of the pole, and go to the big arena for the historical show. Its an experience youll remember for the rest of your life.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
if you hadnt already booked i would have recommended staying off the mainland on cozumel. Its a 15 minute ferry ride to the mainland and the ferries cycle all day and evening. But staying on cozumel is great because they have amazing resorts, golf courses, etc. and have their own airport so you can fly directly to it. And it gets you away from all the crazy partying and drunkeness on the mainland, there's also zero crime and dangerous areas on the island. Perfect for us "mature' folks :lol:

I stayed at El Cozumeleno last time i was down and it was great. All inclusive.

HIGHLY recommend you spend a day at Xcaret. It's a natural theme park just outside cancun and world famous. One of the best experiences ive ever had. Make sure to do the cave river float, watch the guys do the rain dance form the top of the pole, and go to the big arena for the historical show. Its an experience youll remember for the rest of your life.
Thanks. We’ve been to Cozumel twice on cruise stops & enjoyed it. I hadn’t really thought of a full week there. We snagged this because it was such a good deal - $166/night for both of us, all inclusive, plus a nonstop flight from MCO. I was looking all over the place - Marathon, New Smyrna, anywhere. I’ll report back.

I’ll add Xcaret to my list. We are focused on R&R but with 9 days I’m sure we’ll venture out a few times.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Xcarat looks amazing. I might even have to check that out.
The difference, I felt, between Cancun and Cozomel (30 years ago?) was that Cancun was a line of beach resorts whereas in Cozumel you actually have the city bars/shops/restaurants. The thing about ruins is that they're usually ruined. You can imagine what Talum looked like but it's mostly a pile of rocks on a nice cliff and it's close by. Chicken Neichze Chichen Itza though I thought was worth the drive.

We used to dive Cozumel at least twice a year before the cruise ships (and children) came. It was my favorite vacation location; quick flight from Orlando, awesome diving, and cheap cervezas.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Xcaret is a world class natural wonder. It should be an international bucket list item for everyone. I'm not exaggerating when I say you'll remember it the rest of your life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.