Can't wait: Jay Cutler brings his Dad Bod, IDGAF attitude to Miami Thursday

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I have to admit, there are few things more entertaining to me than listening to fans who are pissed off at Jay Cutler and his "I don't give a f**k" attitude. In a league that puts a premium on toughness and determination, he has parlayed a talented arm, a lazy frat boy attitude, and an out-of-shape dad bod into a long and extremely profitable career. I have the utmost admiration for the guy. There is absolutely nothing better than watching him publicly humiliate his offensive linemen, tell his OC to "go f**k himself," and stand on the sideline droopy-eyed while his teammates jump around and high-five each other. Now, my dream has come true. He plays his first game in Miami on Thursday, and now I can listen to fans blow a gasket over him him every single day on the sports talk stations. I am in heaven.
tumblr_maczzgtsmq1rge9rdo1_500.jpg

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
At least you finally have that one great QB that's going to take you all the way. It's taken nearly two decades, but you've finally replaced Marino.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Best QB we've had in two decades.

Why don't I feel good about it?

However I'll probably be watching dolphins games for the first time in a decade.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Miami Dolphin Quarterbacks since Dan Marino:

Jay Fiedler--Sadly, the best of the bunch. Who woulda thought it wasn't going to get better?

Damon Huard

Ray Lucas

Brian Griese--Right name, wrong game.

A.J. Feeley

Sage Rosenfels--Sage.

Gus Frerotte

Joey Harrington--At least he won the Heis...oh wait.

Daunte Culpepper--Coulda been Drew Brees. Shoulda been Drew Brees.

Cleo Lemon--:lmao2:

Trent Green

John Beck

Chad Pennington--Noodle arm.

Chad Henne

Tyler Thigpen--Who?

Matt Moore

Ryan Tannehill

...and now Cutler.

Sigh.

Alex.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Miami Dolphin Quarterbacks since Dan Marino:

Jay Fiedler--Sadly, the best of the bunch. Who woulda thought it wasn't going to get better?

Damon Huard

Ray Lucas

Brian Griese--Right name, wrong game.

A.J. Feeley

Sage Rosenfels--Sage.

Gus Frerotte

Joey Harrington--At least he won the Heis...oh wait.

Daunte Culpepper--Coulda been Drew Brees. Shoulda been Drew Brees.

Cleo Lemon--:lmao2:

Trent Green

John Beck

Chad Pennington--Noodle arm.

Chad Henne

Tyler Thigpen--Who?

Matt Moore

Ryan Tannehill

...and now Cutler.

Sigh.

Alex.
that is one pathetic list

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Best QB we've had in two decades.

Why don't I feel good about it?
Uh, because he sucks? When the Bears dumped him, not a single team was interested. Cutler had no interest in retiring.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Uh, because he sucks? When the Bears dumped him, not a single team was interested. Cutler had no interest in retiring.

As the son of a huge Dolphins fan I hate to say it, but isn't that par for the course with them? From Thurman Thomas to David Boston, to Culpepper, to Foster, to Green, to Bush(and numerous others), I've never seen a team that repeatedly insists on signing a "name" in the twilight of their career when their best days are well behind them. It's insane.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Phins have been a joke since Shula retired. Actually his last 5 years were nothing to brag about, must be the owner.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
As the son of a huge Dolphins fan I hate to say it, but isn't that par for the course with them? From Thurman Thomas to David Boston, to Culpepper, to Foster, to Green, to Bush(and numerous others), I've never seen a team that repeatedly insists on signing a "name" in the twilight of their career when their best days are well behind them. It's insane.
I never would have remembered in a million years that Thurman Thomas was a Dolphin. :fear:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The issue is not so much Cutler as it is how much the Fish laid out to get him -- $10 million for one season. Management ought to have its head examined.

Money aside, there's a rhyme and reason, Adam Gase, who was by far the best coordinator Cutler played for in his time in Chicago. Look at the 2015 numbers, Gase's only season as OC, not bad. The two clicked together. The Bears sucked that season not because of Cutler, but because the defense was atrocious.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The issue is not so much Cutler as it is how much the Fish laid out to get him -- $10 million for one season. Management ought to have its head examined.

Money aside, there's a rhyme and reason, Adam Gase, who was by far the best coordinator Cutler played for in his time in Chicago. Look at the 2015 numbers, Gase's only season as OC, not bad. The two clicked together. The Bears sucked that season not because of Cutler, but because the defense was atrocious.
Cutler is a loser, period. The Dolphins have no chance at doing any serious winning with him. However, they certainly had no chance at doing anything with god-awful Tannehill either, so all of this is irrelevant.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Cutler is a loser, period. The Dolphins have no chance at doing any serious winning with him. However, they certainly had no chance at doing anything with god-awful Tannehill either, so all of this is irrelevant.

It's relevant for 10 million reasons.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I once asked a co- worker, "If you were in a foxhole with Jay Cutler or Tyler Bray, and your life was in their hands, which one would you pick?" I thought his face was going to twist off before saying he can't decide.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

You know, as much as I don't personally like him, I do kind of respect his approach to the game. He's not a winner by nature and certainly hasn't been given championship type situations throughout his career that would encourage him to become one. But he's got enough talent to get paid handsomely and has apparently done well with the ladies. Kind of recognizes who he is and what he is and isn't capable of. So he kind of just doesn't care or take things too seriously. It comes across as douchey, but why stress out over something that's not going to happen?

"Wanna pay me 10 million to give you a half hearted effort while living it up on SoBeach? Uhh, yeah, sure."

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator